Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carstops and presenting your credentials.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carstops and presenting your credentials.

When making a carstop, do any of you officers have a prefered way you would want a LEO to present/display his/her credentials. I notice that officers that get pulled over have different ways identifying themselves...but what's the officer's preference in the matter?

Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
    When making a carstop, do any of you officers have a prefered way you would want a LEO to present/display his/her credentials. I notice that officers that get pulled over have different ways identifying themselves...but what's the officer's preference in the matter?
    If they are able to catch up to me, I prefer to maintain speed and move into the center or right lane. This allows me to display my shield, ID or Pct Paking Placard out the drivers window. I do it that way as a courtesy, so the officer can roll up on my side and get a close look and determine that I'm OTJ. I give them a wide berth and let them pass me, if they so desire. If not I just speed up more to get out of their way. It's an efficient and safe way of handling the situation. No need for the PO to waste precious time stopping or putting both of us in jeopardy of getting struck on the shoulder. I know I appreciate it when I'm doing speed enforcement, those shoulders are murder on an RMP's tires, let alone ones personal vehicle.
    Last edited by 1911user; 05-28-2014, 08:50 PM.
    Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Drivers license with my ID card behind it.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Show my ID and keep it moving.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...e-for-that.png

Comment

I prefer you stop in the left lane of traffic, dangle your shield out the window or waive your plaque, then become infuriated with me and get out of the car in traffic and scream at me, bro do you know who the f**! I am because your tinted out car you over payed for at major world with your phantom plate cover window tints and general excessively aggressive driving style didn't alert me....and if you are corrections I prefer you make a ccrb against me after I don't write you.
          Last edited by CAnde; 06-04-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Pull over, roll down my window, present shield and id, leave.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
              Drivers license with my ID card behind it.
              Originally posted by SkellTF View Post
              Pull over, roll down my window, present shield and id, leave.
              The OP is about how do you prefer someone you pull over to present their credentials.

Comment

The OP is about how do you prefer someone you pull over to present their credentials.
                and thats what they both answered..

if they are going to do that, don't you think thats how they would like it to be done to them. respectful without drawing huge attention.
                Last edited by hcky3303; 05-28-2014, 11:43 PM.
                July 13
                Called 10:23am

Comment

When I was making traffic stops it was a rare occasion to run across a cop. On the few occasions most would casually mention they were on the job. A few had their badge/id on their thigh. Only once or twice did I have a cop waive it out the window.

On the other hand- family members, buffs, PI's, security guards, honorary something's, donors, patrons and everything else you could imagine would usually have their badge/card up and at the ready by the time I close the gap.
                  Originally posted by SSD
                  It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Interior Lights on hand on the wheel with shield and id in one of the hands that are on the wheel. Make life easy for everybody. IMO
                    Living the dream...

Comment

Yeah exactly. That's the way I would prefer a LEO to show me creds. Too many eyes out to see just an ID card.

Majority of Feds have bi fold out ID cards cards and are usually flipped open on their lap, or verbally say they are LEO and then show you the id within the car. Same with some state investigators.

Same goes for PBA cards. Present PBA card behind your drivers license.

I might be the rare exception where I don't care if they waved a placard to me. It saved me time from going through the motions. Only cops do that anyway. If it's the color of the year, I wave them, they wave back.

I never wen through the motions for on duty placards either. Who knows if they were on an op or following a car. A quick wave is all that it took.

Oh well. Times changed.
                      Last edited by NYCTNT; 05-29-2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Outside NYS, where dashcams are prevalent, especially down south, be very restrained in presenting your creds with your DL. Restraint and respect will go a long way in resolving a situation favorably.

Comment

Hands on steering wheel interior lights on if tinted roll all wondows down. Advise me you're armed Ill ask for ID, verify and on your way.
                          The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

I see police id. I dont give two craps if your armed.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                              I see police id. I dont give two craps if your armed.
                              I think Fabolous is pretty new to the Maryland area...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3331 users online. 164 members and 3167 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X