Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD near the 9/11 Memorial (info needed)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD near the 9/11 Memorial (info needed)

Hey guys.

FL buy here trying to plan a family vacation. I'm trying to get some insight on where to stay near the Memorial. Also, LEO friendly (and family friendly) things to do in the City. Please PM or reply and I'll give my email.

Thanks.

Dan
    Florida
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
    Hey guys.

FL buy here trying to plan a family vacation. I'm trying to get some insight on where to stay near the Memorial. Also, LEO friendly (and family friendly) things to do in the City. Please PM or reply and I'll give my email.

Thanks.

Dan
    Florida

Theres the Marriott thats literally next to the memorial, I think its called the downtown Marriott. Drive past it everyday, always looks packed.

Comment

There's a holiday inn in that area, heard the pricing wasn't too bad. Check out the NYPD museum, the intrepid museum, the american museum of natural history, and central park. Remember the 9/11 memorial won't allow guns, same with the intrepid. The american museum of natural history doesn't have metal detectors, they just check bags so you can have it on person, just don't inform the square badge you're carrying. You won't get jammed up even if they catch you carrying, the worst they can do is ask you to leave. Nothing in the penal law regarding this.

Comment

NYPD & Skell...

Thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate it.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Where would I find information about the museum's? I can't find anything on NYPD's website.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Where would I find information about the museum's? I can't find anything on NYPD's website.
            Which museums? They all have there own websites.

Comment

I'm Google'in it now.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Here's a question (cuz I'm cheap).. These places that offer active/retired Military deals.. do they honor LEO also in NY, or keep to to Military staff only?

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Here's a question (cuz I'm cheap).. These places that offer active/retired Military deals.. do they honor LEO also in NY, or keep to to Military staff only?
                  We're all cheap ***'s. I never heard of a LEO discount for non official business. Just enjoy your vacation, even if you have to pay a little more it'll be worth it in the end.

Comment

Just got back from NYC about two weeks ago. Had a great time.

1. Go to see "Jersey Boys" at the August Wilson Theater on Broadway. FANTASTIC SHOW!!
                    2. Go see "Stomp" at the Orpheum Theater off Broadway. FANTASTIC SHOW!!
                    3. There is a discount ticket place in Times Square called "Tikets" or something like that where you can get discount tickets for shows, but you have to go there every day to get in line for discounted tickets.
                    4. 9/11 Memorial was great!!
                    5. Eat at "Ben's" in Manhattan. Good food...
                    6. If you are riding the subway, get a week pass as it is really a convenient way to get around.
                    7. Buy the "New York Pass" travel deal. You get a lot of good events at a discount rate.
                    8. Empire State Building was cool.
                    9. Statue of Liberty was cool, and is right near the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.

Be sure you have GOOD walking shoes, there is a lot to see and walking is one of the best ways to do it.

Enjoy!!
                    My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

A few tips:

If you visit any of our museums (Musuem of Natural History, or Metropolitan Musuem of Art) they offer a "suggested donation price" therefore you could literally give them a penny for per person. I gave about $10 per person, and didn't recieve any leith looks'.

Secondly, attempt to go to a Mets or Yankees game. For the Mets (my personal favorite team) you would take a "7" train into Queens and stop @ the last stop. For the Yankees you would take a 4 train to the Yankee Stadium" stop. Mets games (depending on who is pitching/or who they're playing will be cheaper) are less expensive.

If you do go to The Bronx. - the Bronx Zoo is a must. A very family friendly experience.
                      Afterwards, - Arthur Avenue, is a great street to grab food. Tons of Italian food locations.

Everything else was previously stated, weekly metro cards are a mist, be careful with taxi's, be careful with money- you will stick out like a sore thumb, but don't be vulnerable.

Obvious must-see's are: Central Park, Statue of Liberty, WTC memorial, stores in SoHo, Times Square, Chinatown (Canal st), Little Italy (Mulberry st). Empire State Building, and Wall Street.

Comment

http://www.nycpolicemuseum.org/
                        We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6236 users online. 353 members and 5883 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X