Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment history question

Hey guys,

I have some questions regarding the employment history check that they do. Basically my questions are, I have gotten terminated from my previous job in 2010. How severe does that have to be for them to deny me? Long story short, if anyone needs more details to weigh out the situation please email me. It was for basically some BS. I worked at a high end retail store in Manhattan I was accused of something (not stealing) and felt so upset and just decided not to go back at all. I worked there for almost 5 years. Also my first job went out of business. I only worked there for 6 months and have no contacts with anyone from there. That was in 2005. And my current job I have worked at for almost 3 years. And I know the new manager isn't crazy about me. What if she says something bad when my investigator eventually calls?

I hope this doesn't jeopardize anything. I'm really worrying about this part. Any insight would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

After five years on the job you get accused of something you didn't do. Instead of dealing with it you throw a hissy fit, refuse to go to work and get fired for being AWOL. Such conduct suggests you lack the characteristics of dependability, thoroughness, good judgment, initiative, courtesy, ability to work cooperatively with others, and a willingness and ability to assume the responsibilities of, or conform to the conditions of work characteristic of your employment. Those are all auto DQ factors.

Now as far as your current boss having it in for you, BIs are pretty good at sniffing out BS and know to ask all the right questions necessary to determine whether an applicant is getting shafted or is really a bad worker. However, seeing how you handled your 2005 employment issue, it's unlikely your will be getting the benefit of the doubt here.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      After five years on the job you get accused of something you didn't do. Instead of dealing with it you throw a hissy fit, refuse to go to work and get fired for being AWOL. Such conduct suggests you lack the characteristics of dependability, thoroughness, good judgment, initiative, courtesy, ability to work cooperatively with others, and a willingness and ability to assume the responsibilities of, or conform to the conditions of work characteristic of your employment. Those are all auto DQ factors.

Now as far as your current boss having it in for you, BIs are pretty good at sniffing out BS and know to ask all the right questions necessary to determine whether an applicant is getting shafted or is really a bad worker. However, seeing how you handled your 2005 employment issue, it's unlikely your will be getting the benefit of the doubt here.
      I did deal with it, I gave my end of the story and it basically turned into a my word versus there word. I was placed on suspension and then just never went back. The head of security was being a jerk towards me. I can't believe I would get automatically DQ'd for this. It's unbelievable. I won't give up on this. Once my name is called I will tell my story and just hope for the best.

Thanks for your insight guys!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5784 users online. 329 members and 5455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X