Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• siko7777
    replied
    You will not see 12 hours tours in NYPD. I was there for 11 years and dreamed of it but never happened. Even if they gave them to patrol it would not be the same as NCPD. It will be like operations that does 3 on 3 off. You wont have 2 on 3 off 3 on 4 off. Remember the city requires 2088 hours a year not like other agencies that are less then 1900 hours. So keep dreaming rookies and stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• Patriot91
    replied
    Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
    If you're taking two hours to get to work thats your own choice. The second I get on the job Im moving as close to my command as "comfortably" possible.
    As stated, sometimes you can get moved to Queens all the way to Staten Island or The Bronx. Meaning even if you move closer there is a good chance down the line that it wont be close anymore lol. Btw dosn't LAPD do 12s? Btw I found this video interesting. http://www.policefoundation.org/cont...gth-experiment
    Last edited by Patriot91; 12-16-2014, 10:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    It will always be "impact" with a different name. Don't be fooled. It may be more "refined" or Individualized, but each command has their own issues that will utilize rooks to help suppress those problems, with whatever fantasy flashy name that one can make up.

Leave a comment:

• republicangopmh
    replied
    It's gonna be interesting since after this class graduates, the other classes aren't going to impact anymore. Anyways I hope to get a queens command

Leave a comment:

• SCPDhopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
    If you're taking two hours to get to work thats your own choice. The second I get on the job Im moving as close to my command as "comfortably" possible.
    I wouldn't do that. It took me over 2 1/5 years to get to a steady command. I bounced around until then. Also, when you get promoted you switch commands, and if your smart you WILL try to get promoted. Nypd sucks for cops, especially new cops unless your in special ops.

Leave a comment:

• The hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by Patriot91 View Post
    I can see how 12s may seem too much in NYC considering the workload..however PDs on Long Island such as Hempstead who are sure as heck busy seem to do fine with 12s. In the NYPD alot of guys are traveling out east from suffolk to Manhatten everyday, that adds like another 4 hours alone to the day. Better to do that only 3 days a week then 5. I think 10 hour tours would be a reasonable middle of the road solution. Is there anyway the city can do the NCPD 10 hour tour schedule? Newer NCPD officers do 4 10 hour days then are off for 4 days...

Leave a comment:

• Patriot91
    replied
    I can see how 12s may seem too much in NYC considering the workload..however PDs on Long Island such as Hempstead who are sure as heck busy seem to do fine with 12s. In the NYPD alot of guys are traveling out east from suffolk to Manhatten everyday, that adds like another 4 hours alone to the day. Better to do that only 3 days a week then 5. I think 10 hour tours would be a reasonable middle of the road solution. Is there anyway the city can do the NCPD 10 hour tour schedule? Newer NCPD officers do 4 10 hour days then are off for 4 days...

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    LINY,

It's a dream at port authority, a dread in the nypd.

10 hours would be OK. 12 is too much.

Leave a comment:

• LINY
    replied
    I wish I worked 12's. Three. Days. Working. A. Week! That's magical. I would much rather make less appearances.

Leave a comment:

• CFD230
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
    That went nowhere as of current date.
    I personally think 12 hour tours would suck.. On the average 8.35 tour each sector in my command is handling 15+ Jobs. People who claim we'd get 2 meals are in dream land, patrol in my command is luckily to even get their first meal. If you don't take meal before 11am in my pct, you're fvcked the rest of the day. Add that to an hour driving each way, and you'll start having guys wrapping their cars around utility poles or into ditches. A 10hour tour in my opinion is practical, 12s work for those places where you get to work out on duty for the first hour.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    That went nowhere as of current date.

Leave a comment:

• odawg753
    replied
    Check this chart out http://www.ibo.nyc.ny.us/iboreports/72412letter.pdf

Leave a comment:

• odawg753
    replied
    Ok 12 would be great even in busy commands. U have 4 days to unwind I'll take that. But to be fair to the ones that think it would be too much 10 would be fair. I almost rather a small raise and longer shifts

Leave a comment:

• Tony88
    replied
    I hope this happens

Leave a comment:

• fabolous084
    replied
    12 hour shifts for "city" policing is kinda rough. 10 hour shifts are worth it though..

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5626 users online. 344 members and 5282 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X