Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation Security Officers (TSO)

This job recently popped up on the federal website. It was for part time positions at the Buffalo airport. My girlfriend put in an application. I was wondering if there is anyone in these forums that has some useful information about the job.

I put in for it too. I applied to the one at Niagara Falls too and haven't heard back from them. I'm not really familiar with the federal hiring process.

Comment

You are a screener at the airport. The announcement should pretty much spell it out.

There are more than a few threads about the TSA and TSO positions.

Use the mighty SEARCH function to learn about the TSA, TSO’s and the federal hiring process.
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Regulatory enforcement status, not law enforcement.

Part time until full time slots are available. Usually have to wait a while. You pick your rdo's in seniority order every few months, along with terminal assignments. You must pass a practical every so often, if you fail 2x, you lose your job. You can get passenger trained and baggage trained, which works out for overtime.

Starting pay is OK, add in locality pay for nyc area of around 25%. Different areas have different locality pay.

Thrift saving plan which you get locked in at 3 years. Pretty good deal, you can cash out at 3 years.

I got all this from a family member a ho use to work at JFK. He moved on to another fed job after a few years. He enjoyed it for what it was. This was when they had white uniforms, not sure how it is now. I have no contacts.

Hope it helped a little from what I know.
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

stay away from TSA!!!! I used to work at LGA, awful, miserable job. Terrible pay, crap benefits, and if you want to be a LEO that job will make it worse. They have no LE status. Absolute joke. Just being truthful.
          NYC'S BOLDEST

Comment

I agree with 69camaro I did it when it was first formed around 2003 and it was miserable the people I worked with were young lazy kids

Comment

In 2012, I applied for JFK and the process took Aug-Jan. Called for training in Feb but had to decline for personal reasons. The speed of your process will depend on the airport's need.
              First it is a computer based exam, Credit check, Interview, Medical, Background check..

What I like about the process is that you are able to track your process through their candidate dashboard.

I have many friends who applied with me back in 2012 and are still working there. They love it.
              For a student out of highschool or in college, it is a great entry level position. It will be what you make of it.

Comment

We applied for this job and haven't gotten any sort of confirmation that they even got the application. Anyone hear anything?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelnick82 View Post
                  We applied for this job and haven't gotten any sort of confirmation that they even got the application. Anyone hear anything?
                  It depends on the particular airport and their needs at this very moment. Some get processed quickly while other linger in the line forever. Without Veterans Preference you can start looking for another job as the market is literally flooding with Veterans, who by law get extra points in the ranking of applicants.

Did you go to the Dashboard and or USAJobs Application Manager to see what your status was?
                  Originally posted by SSD
                  It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Just passed the CBT and got a contingent employment offer. Exactly what does the contingent job offer mean? Kinda sounds like a "canvas" letter to me because I haven't done credit or background yet. Anyone know what this means?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelnick82 View Post
                      Just passed the CBT and got a contingent employment offer. Exactly what does the contingent job offer mean? Kinda sounds like a "canvas" letter to me because I haven't done credit or background yet. Anyone know what this means?
                      not sure

for which location?

i applied for islip months ago and still nothing

Comment

Buffalo, new York

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6346 users online. 370 members and 5976 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X