300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUNY Peace Officer Exam Filing till 5/06

CUNY Peace officer filing for exam ends May 6. File on cuny.edu website. Pay is low but good job to gain experience. Some colleges are more active with arrests than others and they are arming more officers. Training is 12 weeks and they are trying to switch unions. Overall not a bad get your feet wet job

Does your pension/retirement transfer with NYPD?

Comment

Yes, your time and money will carry over to any city agency who has NYCERS retirement system

Comment

They just had a class that went in couple of months back. They must really be short staffed.

Comment

Can I really not take this because I don't have 2 years of full time work experience, but am 22 with a bachelors degree?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevils View Post
            Can I really not take this because I don't have 2 years of full time work experience, but am 22 with a bachelors degree?
            take it bro...what's the worse they say No! Just act like you got rejected by a hot girl who you paid $30 for a bad date.

here is the link to find exam info for anyone else in the mood for rejection

http://portal.cuny.edu/cms/id/cuny/documents/NOE/examsTOC.htm

your welcome :-)
            Last edited by shakeboxx; 04-28-2014, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know if they verify having a drivers license beforehand? I'm in the process of getting mine right now but I doubt I'd have it by test day. But if they don't check it on test date I'd definitely have it shortly thereafter. Anyone know if they check beforehand?

Comment

Not a bad starting gig at all. I have the same question is the 2 year full time experience really needed? I'm getting my BA in May, and I have a lot of PT work experience(20-30 hour weeks). I just don't have my HS diploma anymore I lost it lol. All I have are my HS transcripts not sure if they would take them. The NYPD does though...so I don't see why not.

Comment

Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                  Not a bad starting gig at all. I have the same question is the 2 year full time experience really needed? I'm getting my BA in May, and I have a lot of PT work experience(20-30 hour weeks). I just don't have my HS diploma anymore I lost it lol. All I have are my HS transcripts not sure if they would take them. The NYPD does though...so I don't see why not.
                  I been trying the last 2 days to send hs diploma but it comes back as busy

Comment

"- Campus Peace Officer: Open Competitive (Status: "Pending Fee Clearance")"

does it still say this for anyone?

Comment

Hey what did you guys put for the question ... what would you do if the teacher told you she suspected child abuse...then later didn't want to give details...
                      A) arrest the teacher for not making a report
                      B) take the child into custody
                      C) send a report to child protective service and wait for more evidence to arise
                      D) inform the teacher she can be prosecuted for not filing a report
                      That was a hard question !

Comment

Yup.. it was fair exam.. how long for the results if anyone knows?

Comment

Does anyone know how long for results

Comment

They are going to have another class off this list before years end according to academy instructors. They are gonna hire quickly from this exam. Remember, its CUNY doing processing not DCAS

Comment

Wow.. in glad .. Im ready to come a board. . Does anyone know when the results come out

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5363 users online. 313 members and 5050 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X