Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got stopped and frisked today - does this go on my record?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got stopped and frisked today - does this go on my record?

hey guys. this is not a troll thread.

i currently work for the state as a peace officer and we are required to report any arrests, criminal summons, etc.

to make a long story short, i was stopped by the NYPD today for REASONABLE suspicion. i won't lie. i was doing something a tad stupid. however, after they ran my name and saw i was clean (no arrests, no criminal summons, nothing) - they let me go with a stern warning.

will this go in my record that he stopped me for this? if an employer or a future investigator runs this will he see my name ran for this thing?

i dodged a bullet today. droppin a few of my friends from today on.

thanks.

One way or another there will be a record, if only in the NCIC archives.

Comment

lol Not to be a jerk, but after reading "this is not a troll thread", I instantly think it's a troll thread.

Comment

What the X? You ask a question about record keeping and reporting regarding effups without saying what your effup was. Huh?

Edit: just in case you didn't know, it matters what the effup was -- different effups are differently reported and recorded.
        Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 01-09-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that even happened if you're a peace officer.

Comment

i skated on it for a reason. they let me go. they saw i had a clean background.

never did anything illegal, clean person.

i'm just concerned if this will be pulled up by a future investigator, or employer that i've been stopped for this record and if these officers wrote down the reason in the database why they stopped me. keep in mind i STILL have a clean background. that coulda been changed roughly a few hours ago but i got lucky.

Comment

ORDER 190
              PENALTY FOR GENERAL MOPERY
              Subject Peace Officer was observed to have engaged in behavior which himself characterized as "a tad stupid". Penalty assessed is empaperment and encomputerment of associated record.

Comment

What?

State peace officer? Where?

You sound like a complete idiot to be honest.

Nice job ruining any credibility your agency had prior to your stupidity.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

of course. y did i not even expect the smart comments instead of answering the question

Comment

i'll gladly tell you where i work, my agency, etc in a PM and not publicly.

y would i add that when i could have just asked the question without it?

Comment

OK Smirko -- you have proven that there really is such a thing as a stupid question.

Comment

What dept? Why didn't you say "hey, i'm on the job", then present shield and id to the mos questioning you? What did you do to get stopped? No way you're otj. No cop 250's another. Some hwy scumbags might summons but the day I see a 250 i'll know the job is officially dead.

Comment

when did i claim to be otj? never.

a simple question goes into an all out analyzing my identity and what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by xeaglex View Post

Read the second paragraph you typed.

Comment

Originally posted by xeaglex View Post

"i currently work for the state as a peace officer and we are required to report any arrests, criminal summons, etc."

That's otj in my books. Are you OMRDD police, OMH police, or are you just BS'ing?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2578 users online. 137 members and 2441 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X