Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bail Enforcement Agent

Deleted post
    Last edited by Fuhadh; 01-11-2014, 02:21 AM.

Seriously dude?

http://www.aetv.com/dog_the_bounty_h...FUNBQgod9HAAhQ

The majority of them are professionals, however like the clowns in the link I posted, there are exceptions.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Collar them. They usually have official placards as well, which are not official. They are civilians who go out and collect their bounty by bringing the perp back to court. Either their money or someone else's.

If they flash a tin no collar, C summons at most.

If they say they are police or somehow imply they are police + tin = they need some of their own bail money.

If they have an official placard with a NYS or Federal seal = Same as above.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

http://longisland.craigslist.org/sec/4193233244.html

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
          Seriously dude?

http://www.aetv.com/dog_the_bounty_h...FUNBQgod9HAAhQ

The majority of them are professionals, however like the clowns in the link I posted, there are exceptions.
          HAHA! As soon as I saw the name of this thread I started thinking about the Ozzy theme song for that terrible show. Lol that guy is ridiculous. That show is more of a comedy than anything with law enforcement. Clowns is right
          Living the dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Fuhadh View Post
            I keep running into these folks who flash me big badges that look like detective shields or us Marshall. Are they peace, police, glorified security? You're help in educating me would be truly be appreciated.
            Where exactly do you keep running into these people?
            Last edited by jstarksadmin; 11-21-2013, 08:33 AM. Reason: using a persons identity.

Comment

Deleted post
              Last edited by Fuhadh; 01-11-2014, 02:21 AM.

Comment

It looks like "English" was a second language for them. I would love to run into one of those characters while on the job. Things could get pretty interesting.
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Lmao, scrolling through those pics..smh.
                  NYPD Exam 2326
                  Score - 9x.xx%
                  &
                  A whole lot more exams.

Comment

I don't have a problem with Bail Enforcement, unless the Agents are POSes themselves. I know in CA you can't be a felon and have to go through a bail course and PC 832 course. If they want to go after fugitives with no department backing in case of a law suit or unlawful allegations, more power to them. I would never do it, but that's just me.
                    USMC 2006-2011

3rd Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team 2006-2009
                    2/7 Fox Raiders 2009-2010
                    Provost Marshall's Office 2010-2011

CA POST Academy 2011-2012

Comment

Hey Fuhadh, can you pm me ?..
                      Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
                      --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

Comment

Their other website, www.usbda.org is even worse. For one it says they are licensed by the "New York State Bureau of Education". It's actually the New York State Department of Education, and they don't even license bounty hunters; thats the New York State Department of State

Comment

Short of the long: Bail Enforcement Agents – aka Bounty Hunters are private individuals who go after folks who abscond while on bail. They are sort of like REPO men but for people. They are not security, law enforcement or anything in-between.

Long of the short: these folks are sometimes licensed (depending on the state) and go out in search of folks who miss court dates while out on bond. They are working on a reward basis; if they catch an absconder the Bail Bond Company can avoid loosing the full bond to the court of jurisdiction and they get a percentage of the bond in return. It can get convoluted at times….

They have a bit of latitude conveyed from a very old Supreme Court Decision though some states have reigned them in a bit through licensing requirements. More often than not the local PD does not get involved in what they do as their work boils down to civil collections.

While the bond jumper missed a court date- it is not always that the defendant has a warrant out for them yet. Since they signed on with the bonding company and agreed to meet/maintain certain conditions- their missing a court date or failing to do X,Y or Z can result in a revocation of the bond; which can allow for the defendant to be picked up and surrendered to the courts.

Bottom line: they are not the police.
                          Originally posted by SSD
                          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
                            Short of the long: Bail Enforcement Agents – aka Bounty Hunters are private individuals who go after folks who abscond while on bail. They are sort of like REPO men but for people. They are not security, law enforcement or anything in-between.

Long of the short: these folks are sometimes licensed (depending on the state) and go out in search of folks who miss court dates while out on bond. They are working on a reward basis; if they catch an absconder the Bail Bond Company can avoid loosing the full bond to the court of jurisdiction and they get a percentage of the bond in return. It can get convoluted at times….

They have a bit of latitude conveyed from a very old Supreme Court Decision though some states have reigned them in a bit through licensing requirements. More often than not the local PD does not get involved in what they do as their work boils down to civil collections.

While the bond jumper missed a court date- it is not always that the defendant has a warrant out for them yet. Since they signed on with the bonding company and agreed to meet/maintain certain conditions- their missing a court date or failing to do X,Y or Z can result in a revocation of the bond; which can allow for the defendant to be picked up and surrendered to the courts.

Bottom line: they are not the police.
                            thank you for you're help in explaining.

Comment

lol at the pictures.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4504 users online. 285 members and 4219 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X