300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former bop co/now dva/florida resident ready for new york. Question

Hi, This is my first post. I have a question that i whould like to be answered by somebody that has or is going threw the process and knows what is the exact paper work that i have to present because of the situation that i might have. I use to go to Collage in Westchester Ny. In 2005 i was in a car accident with two other people. I was a passenger in the back right hand side and was hit by another vehicle. I ended up with two broken bones right hand and right leg. The front side passenger ended up with a broken hip bone and broken right leg. The driver was ok and the guy that hit us left the seen and was latter arrested. I finish collage in 2007 and I decided to apply for BOP because i wanted a federal job close to were I live here in Florida. I worked as a Fed Co for two years and nine months and I didnt have any problem during the BOP process. Right now I work with the Department of Veterans and i also didn't have to go threw any situation but i'm looking foward to move to New York and would like to work for the NYPD. My friend that was in the front pasenger side during the accident applied for NYPD in 2008 and at that time I remember him telling me that he was on hold because he had to get some medical paper work and even though he gave in the accident report, x- rays he decided to go for Border Patrol because they weren't him any hassel like NYPD. At that time i didn't give it any mind because i didn't have any interest in NYPD but i recently I saw this page and decided to enter and ask..

My question is what exact paper work does a person like me have to give in because my friend got the files that he was asked to give in and they kept on giving him a hard time. I just want to get prepared because I am going on vacation to New York in the beginning of next month. I tried to contact my old friend but he changed his number and when i called his post in Texas another Border Patrol officer told me that he was transferred and that he couldn't give more info. Thanks...

If anybody has any question about Federal Bureau Of Prisons fell free to ask..

Xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by SYRWB; 03-18-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Your first step should be taking the exam first and get on the list. Since I'm not an NYPD officer nor a part of the process, I can't tell you what they may or may not do, but for the most part, if you had any type of hospitalization, they may ask you when, where what and how it happened and what was the outcome. If they feel that they need more info, they may ask you to provide supporting documentation. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SYRWB View Post
        There is a billion posts about becoming a NYPD officer. I would advise you learn how to properly spell and write before applying for anything. How did you graduate from college when you can't even spell college right.
        Give the poor guy a break. He just wants some information. No need to be a jerk.
        Exams Taken:
        NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
        NYPDPC Exam 2214
        APD5- Complete
        Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
        Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
        Mini Med - ?

Comment

So, you havent' taken the exam yet?

"My question is what exact paper work does a person like me have to give in because my friend got the files that he was asked to give in and they kept on giving him a hard time."

The NYPD process is "challenging" for most....all you can do is MAKE SURE you give them everything that they ask for, and see where things go.

I doubt anyone here can tell you exactly what you need, cuz every one's case/experience is different. Soooo...make sure you give them everything that they ask for!

Comment

Originally posted by SYRWB View Post
            How did you graduate from college when you can't even spell college right.
            You forgot to add ? at the end of the sentence.

Comment

Google NYPD APD-5; it's available online and will tell you everything you need to know for now.
              NYPD Exam 4300: 96.XX%

Comment

Through, not threw. Sorry.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Where's our English Professor Buffaloboy?

Comment

SYWB You don't even know how to spell yourself and you come attacking. Dude correct yourself before correcting the poor guy trying get info. In NY forum we help each other, not attack like other States Forum.
                    Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

I appreciate all the serious replys recieved in this post. I have learned alot during my life and I have been threw so many situation especially when I was a CO so i don't have time for ignorant people. Doesn't matter if your getting your credits from FEMA or Harverd most of you guys that are applying for this job is because it has great benefits, $ and you won't find anything similar with out having more then a masters degree so nobody that is on this post is a genius. I took the exam last year and passed but I haven't been contacted to fill out the apd5 onlline forms so basically what I am trying to do is get all my paper work ready. God bless all my brothers and sisters even those that are anus..
                      Last edited by Jhon; 08-17-2013, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Honestly if I was you I would stay in the Feds and try to 1811. Idk if you catch the ny news often down there but NYPD isn't a great place to be right now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jhon View Post
                          I appreciate all the serious replys recieved in this post. I have learned alot during my life and I have been threw so many situation especially when I was a CO so i don't have time for ignorant people. Doesn't matter if your getting your credits from FEMA or Harverd most of you guys that are applying for this job is because it has great benefits, $ and you won't find anything similar with out having more then a masters degree so nobody that is on this post is a genius. I took the exam last year and passed but I haven't been contacted to fill out the apd5 onlline forms so basically what I am trying to do is get all my paper work ready. God bless all my brothers and sisters even those that are anus..
                          Jhon,

If you are looking at the NYPD for the money, then you are looking at the wrong place. And quite honestly, I don't appreciate you calling us not geniuses (especially me, as I am known as the great one ). Maybe we are not, but many of us do have higher degrees beyond our bachelor's degrees and are successful in our own ways. Also, there are people in this forum who may or may not have degrees of any kind, but I can assure you that many of them are smarter than what you think.

Now, I'm not going to pick on your spelling skills, but because I sat through interviews to screen candidates, having a basic level of communication skill is a must, especially when this job requires officers to write reports and citations.

NYPD processing is not as quick as what it used to be and may take up to few years and some people take multiple exams because their initial exams have expired or are about to expire.
                          As to paperwork, have your basic stuff ready and when they ask you for any additional supporting documentation, worry about it then, not now as no one has any idea what they'll be asking of you.

Good luck with the process.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                            Through, not threw. Sorry.
                            Yup.... still through not threw.
                            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

I HAVE TO RESPOND TO THIS POST BECAUSE I WENT THREW THIS SAME THING YEARS AGO WITH SOME JERKS HERE IN THIS PAGE AND I DECIDED NOT TO POST ALOT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TIME LIKE OTHER DUDES TO BE ON THE NET ALL DAY LONG RESPONDING TO DUMB [email protected]@T. JHON, THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL ON THIS PAGE AND HAVE NEVER HAD A JOB, STILL LIVING WITH THERE PARENTS AND THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL. THERE ARE OTHERS ON THE JOB THAT THINK THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT, ALWAYS MAKING STUPID COMMENTS. I UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU MEANT ABOUT PEOPLE GOING THREW CERTAIN PLACES TO GET THERE CREDITS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T HE WAS SAYING THAT NONE OF US ARE GENIUS. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES SO IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU GO TO THE BEST OR WORST COLLEGE. I HAVE A NEIGHBOR THAT IS A AFRICAN NYPD LIEUTENANT WHOS NAME IS AMADU .SOME TIMES WHEN HE TALKS YOU CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND HIM AND HE ASKS SO MANY STUPID QUESTIONS. YOU WILL SE ALOT OF OFFICERS IN NYPD THAT ARE THE SAME AS HIM. NYPD IS A DIVERSE DEPARTMENT AND YOU WILL FIND OFFICERS FROM DIFFERENT CULTURES. SOME PEOPLE COULD BE SMART IN CERTAIN AREAS AND STUPID IN OTHERS. SOME TIME AGO HE TOLD ME THAT WHEN WRITING POLICE REPORTS THERE ARE FORMATS THAT HELP YOU OUT AND IN CERTAIN CASES ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FILL IN THE BLANKS. SO OFFICER'S DON'T THINK BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE JOB YOU GUYS ARE INTELLIGENT. YOU GUYS STILL NEED HELP FROM OTHER PEOPLE OR COMPUTERS (LOL) . MOST OF YOU GUYS TAKE THE JOB BECAUSE OF THE MONEY SO STOP TAKING CRAP. ABOUT THE DOCUMENTS, IT IS BEST TO GET A COPY OF YOUR ACCIDENT REPORT, MEDICAL RECORDS WHEN THE ACCIDENT OCCURRED AND RECENT RECORDS. YOUR ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING BY GETTING READY BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE ON HOLD. IT WILL HELP YOU ALOT IF YOU PRESENT THOSE PAPERS THE DAY THAT YOU ARE SCHEDULED FOR YOUR MED APPOINTMENT. I SEE THAT YOU WORKED FOR BOP, IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOUR RESUME BUT IT DOESN'T HELP YOU OUT TO BE APART OF NYPD. THERE HAS BEEN MANY CASES OF EX MILITARY'S, FEDERAL EMPLOYEES, EX POLICE AND CO'S THAT HAVEN'T GOT THE JOB AND THERE IS CASES OF MAMAS BOYS THAT GET THE JOB AND WHEN THEY PUT ON THE UNIFORM THEY THINK THAT THEY ARE INTOUCHABLE. JUST BE PREPARED WITH ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS AND SPEAK THE TRUTH AND YOU WILL BE OK.... THE BEST OF LUCK.....

I EDIT THIS POST TO ADD THIS:
                              THIS IS A OLD VIDEO BUT SPEAKS THE TRUTH OF WHAT STILL GOS ON WITH NYPD OFFICERS. ALWAYS COMPLANING BUT DON'T LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS http://vimeo.com/14596184
                              Last edited by LEO2010; 08-17-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4829 users online. 301 members and 4528 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X