300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange County Police Officer/Deputy Sheiff Exam. Last day to file 08/14/13

Orange County Police Officer/Deputy Sheriff exam is out. Last Day to file is 08/14/13.

http://www.orangecountygov.com/conte...6/default.aspx
    "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Just an FYI Orange County does put out the exam every summer guys.

Comment

Residency is required for this exam no NYC residence allowed.... only westchester county and surrounding counties of Orange county.
      Exams Taken:
      NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
      NYPDPC Exam 2214
      APD5- Complete
      Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
      Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
      Mini Med - ?

Comment

Minimum Qualifications Required for Admission to the Exam - Your application must clearly indicate possession of
        the following requirements as of the last filing date noted above: Graduation from high school or possession of a high
        school equivalency diploma and either:
        (A) Three (3) years of active military experience in the armed forces of the United States with an honorable discharge, or
        currently serving in the armed forces of the United States with a minimum of three (3) years of active duty service; OR
        (B) Completion of sixty (60)* college credits; OR
        (C) Completion of thirty (30)* college credits and the equivalent of one (1) year of work experience as a police officer,
        correction officer, police dispatcher, licensed security guard or other related experience in the law enforcement or
        corrections field; OR
        (D) An equivalent amount of training and experience as defined by the limits of (B) and (C) above.
        For purposes of qualifying under option (D), fifteen (15) credits is the equivalent of 6 months work experience.
        You must submit a complete application. Please be sure to answer all questions including dates of employment
        (month/year), number of hours worked per week and a detailed description of your qualifying experience as noted
        above. A resume may NOT be submitted in lieu of completing the application. Applications that do not clearly indicate the
        required experience will be disapproved.
        You should submit transcript(s) with your application or within thirty (30) days of filing an application. Transcripts
        downloaded from the internet, grade reports or copies that do not identify the educational institutions are
        unacceptable for purposes of qualification. Only education gained at a regionally accredited college or university
        or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees is acceptable for purposes of
        qualification.

Residency Requirements: Police Officer candidates must be legal residents of Orange, Ulster, Dutchess,
        Sullivan, Putnam, Westchester or Rockland County at the time of application
        . Preference in certification may
        be given to residents of municipalities in Orange County. Deputy Sheriff appointees must become a resident
        of Orange County or a resident of a county within the State of New York contiguous to the County of Orange
        within six (6) months of appointment. Preference in certification may be given to residents of Orange County.

Comment

Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
          Minimum Qualifications Required for Admission to the Exam - Your application must clearly indicate possession of
          the following requirements as of the last filing date noted above: Graduation from high school or possession of a high
          school equivalency diploma and either:
          (A) Three (3) years of active military experience in the armed forces of the United States with an honorable discharge, or
          currently serving in the armed forces of the United States with a minimum of three (3) years of active duty service; OR
          (B) Completion of sixty (60)* college credits; OR
          (C) Completion of thirty (30)* college credits and the equivalent of one (1) year of work experience as a police officer,
          correction officer, police dispatcher, licensed security guard or other related experience in the law enforcement or
          corrections field; OR
          (D) An equivalent amount of training and experience as defined by the limits of (B) and (C) above.
          For purposes of qualifying under option (D), fifteen (15) credits is the equivalent of 6 months work experience.
          You must submit a complete application. Please be sure to answer all questions including dates of employment
          (month/year), number of hours worked per week and a detailed description of your qualifying experience as noted
          above. A resume may NOT be submitted in lieu of completing the application. Applications that do not clearly indicate the
          required experience will be disapproved.
          You should submit transcript(s) with your application or within thirty (30) days of filing an application. Transcripts
          downloaded from the internet, grade reports or copies that do not identify the educational institutions are
          unacceptable for purposes of qualification. Only education gained at a regionally accredited college or university
          or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees is acceptable for purposes of
          qualification.

Residency Requirements: Police Officer candidates must be legal residents of Orange, Ulster, Dutchess,
          Sullivan, Putnam, Westchester or Rockland County at the time of application
          . Preference in certification may
          be given to residents of municipalities in Orange County. Deputy Sheriff appointees must become a resident
          of Orange County or a resident of a county within the State of New York contiguous to the County of Orange
          within six (6) months of appointment. Preference in certification may be given to residents of Orange County.
          For Deputy sheriff when they say a county within the State of New York Contiguous to the county of Orange. Does that mean also you must be a resident around the county? like as the said in the description for police officer?
          Exams Taken:
          NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
          NYPDPC Exam 2214
          APD5- Complete
          Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
          Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
          Mini Med - ?

Comment

Contiguous means sharing a border with. So, being a resident of any county touching Orange County would qualify you for residency.
            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
              Contiguous means sharing a border with. So, being a resident of any county touching Orange County would qualify you for residency.
              One more question. for deputy sheriff they said you must become a resident within 6 months of appointment. Does appointment mean 6 months after being hired or once you start the process like paper work?
              Exams Taken:

In Process:
              NYPDPC Exam 2214
              APD5- Complete
              Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
              Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
              Mini Med - ?

Comment

Originally posted by PO_Rubio View Post
                One more question. for deputy sheriff they said you must become a resident within 6 months of appointment. Does appointment mean 6 months after being hired or once you start the process like paper work?
                Basically 6 months after being hired. I believe many LE agencies use the day you are sworn in as your appointment date.
                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

When the mayor gets appointed, he becomes mayor. Not while campaigning for votes.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Is this the only county in NY that has posted for police testing as of right now? Just wondering because i'm from Greene county and haven't been able to find much.

Comment

Damn...

another test i can not take.

I hate residency requirements :/
                      New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

Quick Question for you guys. You need 60 credits to take this exam, I do/don't have them...lol. my transcript states that I have 56 credits since last semester. May '13, I took 4 credits in the summer, May - August. My class ended Monday, I received an A-. My credits won't be added to my transcript for at least 2 + weeks. Even though technically I currently have the needed credits to sit, they won't show on my transcript. What you guys think I should do? Can we use an Unofficial transcript?

Comment

The announcement said you can submit your transcripts 30 days from the day you submit your application. I would send what you have an maybe an unofficial transcript until it's is updated. More info under the "Minimum Qualifications Required for Admission to the Exam", Page 1 of the announcement
                          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Full Metal any idea how to cross file with Orange? I can't find a cross file form on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                              Full Metal any idea how to cross file with Orange? I can't find a cross file form on their site.
                              http://www.orangecountygov.com/conte...6/default.aspx

It's all the way at the bottom, 5th pdf from the bottom.
                              -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8162 users online. 460 members and 7702 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X