Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scored 70 but still invited to fit test....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scored 70 but still invited to fit test....

    Hi I scored a 70 for my first time taking the civil service test for a police department and I know it's not a great score but I still got invited to the fit test... what are my chances of getting hired?

  • #2
    It's hard to say. I know of at least two departments (civil service) in western NY that will not invite you to the physical agility test(PAT) unless you've scored at least a 90 due to the number of applicants they have. I have not heard of a department around here (city, county, town) inviting all those who passed the written test to the agility test. They invite those who scored highest and move down the list as needed until it is exhausted or expired. For you to be invited so early on makes me assume that you applied to a smaller department where there aren't many applicants. In my opinion, if you have a great background and pass the PAT you may have a decent shot. Good luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      It depends on the size of the agency, how big the agency is, and how many people they plan to hire. Some departments send invitations to the fitness test in the very beginning of the process to everyone who passed the test. Remember... Many people don't even show up to the fitness test, and with those who do show up there's an almost 50/50 pass fail rate. You could have scored only a 70 but after the fitness test is complete and you pass it could pump you up to the 20's or 30's on the eligibility list. Many people who scored the high 90's don't pass the fitness test. Hang in there and try and sign up for as many civil service exams you can to get practice.. You never know you might get canvassed by on you didn't even think you were going to.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by smd123 View Post
        It's hard to say. I know of at least two departments (civil service) in western NY that will not invite you to the physical agility test(PAT) unless you've scored at least a 90 due to the number of applicants they have. I have not heard of a department around here (city, county, town) inviting all those who passed the written test to the agility test. They invite those who scored highest and move down the list as needed until it is exhausted or expired. For you to be invited so early on makes me assume that you applied to a smaller department where there aren't many applicants. In my opinion, if you have a great background and pass the PAT you may have a decent shot. Good luck.

        ^^^^
        I agree!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by smd123 View Post
          It's hard to say. I know of at least two departments (civil service) in western NY that will not invite you to the physical agility test(PAT) unless you've scored at least a 90 due to the number of applicants they have. I have not heard of a department around here (city, county, town) inviting all those who passed the written test to the agility test. They invite those who scored highest and move down the list as needed until it is exhausted or expired. For you to be invited so early on makes me assume that you applied to a smaller department where there aren't many applicants. In my opinion, if you have a great background and pass the PAT you may have a decent shot. Good luck.
          That it true, I do know that some departments in the northern and central area send letters to everyone who passed the written exam. Saint Lawrence County, Broome County, and the city of Binghamton do at least.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yea I found out they're hiring 10-11 people and it's a smaller dept so I hope I have a chance.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
              Yea I found out they're hiring 10-11 people and it's a smaller dept so I hope I have a chance.
              Nice to hear and good luck what department did you test with if you don't mind me asking?

              Comment


              • #8
                I would rather keep it on the down low because I don't want it to ruin anything.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
                  I would rather keep it on the down low because I don't want it to ruin anything.
                  I doubt it would ruin anything.. Especially when your name isn't displayed on the forums but alright. Good luck...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    OP most likely lives in a village or town that gives preference to residents over non residents. Example, person gets a 70 but lives in Hempstead, will be hired by Hempstead Police before the Garden City resident that scored a 105.

                    So OP, if this is the case, you have are almost guaranteed the job as long as you pass everything

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The department must not be in WNY. The only department that is currently hiring that many at a time is Buffalo and that is not a small department.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                        OP most likely lives in a village or town that gives preference to residents over non residents. Example, person gets a 70 but lives in Hempstead, will be hired by Hempstead Police before the Garden City resident that scored a 105.

                        So OP, if this is the case, you have are almost guaranteed the job as long as you pass everything
                        I am a non resident of the dept.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shawncook View Post
                          That it true, I do know that some departments in the northern and central area send letters to everyone who passed the written exam. Saint Lawrence County, Broome County, and the city of Binghamton do at least.
                          Have you applied for those areas before? and do they usually have a lot of applicants?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
                            Have you applied for those areas before? and do they usually have a lot of applicants?
                            I applied to all three. Got invited to both the Broome County and City of Binghamton fitness test but passed them both off as I was only using their test as practice and am not interested in relocating that far away. I only scored an 80 on the saint lawrence county exam and after passing the fitness test am ranked 26 on the eligibility list.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shawncook View Post
                              I applied to all three. Got invited to both the Broome County and City of Binghamton fitness test but passed them both off as I was only using their test as practice and am not interested in relocating that far away. I only scored an 80 on the saint lawrence county exam and after passing the fitness test am ranked 26 on the eligibility list.
                              Do they have a lot of applicants? Do you think you would have heard anything from those places after fit test?

                              Comment

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 7996 users online. 338 members and 7658 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Working...
                              X