Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Wait time?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NYPD Wait time?

    Hey,

    I recently took the Nypd written exam and was wondering what I should be doing during the wait time. I know the wait time is about 2-3 years. Therefore, what I should be doing employment wise? I am college graduate and unemployed.
    Any advice is much appreciated!

    David
    Take your hands off the trunk of the car and I'll make your Birth Certificate just another worthless document!!

  • #2
    Just get any job. If you have a degree use it to help you get a job. You want to keep a steady job with good references. Many guys do security others just plain old normal jobs. You def. want work history so you have references.
    supra9497
    Forum Member
    Last edited by supra9497; 01-09-2013, 04:38 PM.
    Somewhere working...

    Comment


    • #3
      Go to another city and get on with the PD there. in 3 yrs when nypd takes you, you'll be almost not considered a rookie anymore. You'll get on with nypd and you'll be an experienced police officer. Although this may not help you with nypd it'll help you as a cop overall. In the worst case, You'll not have wasted 3 yrs waiting if LE ends up being something you really dont want.

      On the east coast I know Baltimore, Atlanta, and Savannah are ALWAYS HIRING.
      pgalvi20
      Forum Member
      Last edited by pgalvi20; 01-09-2013, 05:22 PM.
      "The best of the best of the best, sir! With honors." - Jay, MIB

      Comment


      • #4
        On the job experience is really important and I suggest you get it through one of these other departments while you wait. PM me and I'll give you info on all 3 of the depts if you'd like.
        "The best of the best of the best, sir! With honors." - Jay, MIB

        Comment


        • #5
          Whats up everyone

          i keep hearing that now a days the NYPD is being very competitive because of the high pay and such. I was wondering and hoping any of you guys that can give me advice on how to be a batter "candidate" for the job. I am currently getting my 60 credits and have a clean record i have only 1 job since graduating high school (and still currently working there) what else can i do to improve my chances of getting hired?

          thanks!
          Exam # 3315
          List # 7**
          APD-5: ??
          Medical: ??
          Social Media Check: ??
          Written Psych: ??
          Oral Psych: ??
          BI: ??
          Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
          JST:??
          Mini med:??

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by arsenalpd View Post
            Whats up everyone

            i keep hearing that now a days the NYPD is being very competitive because of the high pay and such. I was wondering and hoping any of you guys that can give me advice on how to be a batter "candidate" for the job. I am currently getting my 60 credits and have a clean record i have only 1 job since graduating high school (and still currently working there) what else can i do to improve my chances of getting hired?

            thanks!
            Exactly what you are doing, stay clean and get your credits. The only other thing is if you want to better prepare yourself for when the academy eventually comes start getting in the habit now of eating healthy and staying in shape and working out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by David View Post
              Hey,

              I recently took the Nypd written exam and was wondering what I should be doing during the wait time. I know the wait time is about 2-3 years. Therefore, what I should be doing employment wise? I am college graduate and unemployed.
              Any advice is much appreciated!

              David
              Why would you take the NYPD exam if you're an Assistant Chief for a GA agency who's 61 years old?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Speedyx View Post
                Exactly what you are doing, stay clean and get your credits. The only other thing is if you want to better prepare yourself for when the academy eventually comes start getting in the habit now of eating healthy and staying in shape and working out.
                thank you brother!
                Exam # 3315
                List # 7**
                APD-5: ??
                Medical: ??
                Social Media Check: ??
                Written Psych: ??
                Oral Psych: ??
                BI: ??
                Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                JST:??
                Mini med:??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LINY View Post
                  Why would you take the NYPD exam if you're an Assistant Chief for a GA agency who's 61 years old?
                  Originally posted by David View Post
                  Hi,
                  I have been offline for quite some time and impressed with the new format.
                  Started as a LEO in 1976 and was active until getting hurt in 1981. My late wife asked to to get into another line of work so I did. She died in 1989 and I went back into it right away to protect my sanity. Been there ever since...
                  So, 19 years total for me
                  Yeah I hate to be a d*ck but the age limit is 35.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    wtf? this guy is either loony tunes or he just doesnt read the notice for examination announcements.
                    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Quick Question

                      I just took my exam last month and i still haven't received anything i know its gonna take a while and such but i was wondering in the end of the month im leaving the country for about 3 weeks does anyone know if that's OK or do i have to notify the nypd

                      thanks!
                      Exam # 3315
                      List # 7**
                      APD-5: ??
                      Medical: ??
                      Social Media Check: ??
                      Written Psych: ??
                      Oral Psych: ??
                      BI: ??
                      Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                      JST:??
                      Mini med:??

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by arsenalpd View Post
                        Quick Question

                        I just took my exam last month and i still haven't received anything i know its gonna take a while and such but i was wondering in the end of the month im leaving the country for about 3 weeks does anyone know if that's OK or do i have to notify the nypd

                        thanks!
                        You live your life. You report things like that on the apd5 then when you get a BI you start updating info you reported on the apd 5 that changes to him/her. So in other words until about 2 years (when you get the apd5) you don't need to do anything
                        Somewhere working...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by supra9497 View Post
                          You live your life. You report things like that on the apd5 then when you get a BI you start updating info you reported on the apd 5 that changes to him/her. So in other words until about 2 years (when you get the apd5) you don't need to do anything
                          Thanks for the info brother!
                          Exam # 3315
                          List # 7**
                          APD-5: ??
                          Medical: ??
                          Social Media Check: ??
                          Written Psych: ??
                          Oral Psych: ??
                          BI: ??
                          Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                          JST:??
                          Mini med:??

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Keep clean, stay out of trouble. Know your background history. Work a steady, honest job.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NYCTEA View Post
                              Keep clean, stay out of trouble. Know your background history. Work a steady, honest job.
                              I work construction and landscaping for my uncle you think that's a good enough "reference"
                              Exam # 3315
                              List # 7**
                              APD-5: ??
                              Medical: ??
                              Social Media Check: ??
                              Written Psych: ??
                              Oral Psych: ??
                              BI: ??
                              Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                              JST:??
                              Mini med:??

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4054 users online. 255 members and 3799 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X