X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys for the helpful info appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by nymikegb View Post
      You don't get scheduled a JST a week after the oral psych. My exam has yet to receive JST's and I took my oral two weeks ago and was informed I am qualified.
      How soon after the Psychological were you informed that you were qualified and who let you know?
      Nypd Exam #: 3314
      Score: 95%
      list#: 3XX

apd-5: done
      met with BI: ??
      Mini-med: Qualified
      medical: Qualified
      written psych: Qualified
      oral psych: Qualified
      Jst: Qualified
      Academy: ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Tricky006 View Post
        How soon after the Psychological were you informed that you were qualified and who let you know?
        You can send a PM over NYPD Trainees after 3 days of taking the oral to see your status.
        "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

• Originally posted by honestabels View Post
          You can send a PM over NYPD Trainees after 3 days of taking the oral to see your status.
          a PM to who? the website "NYPD Trainees"? can you break it down Barney style pls.
          Score: 100%
          list#: <100

apd-5: Completed
          met with BI: Completed
          Mini-med: Completed
          medical: PASS
          written psych: PASS
          oral psych: PASS
          Jst: PASS

JAN 6, 2016 CLASS : Dec 23, 2015 @ 19:11

Comment

• Does anyone know the deal with facial hair ? I shaved all facial hair for the med and the written and got a bad reaction like I knew would happen It was so painful. It grow back in but I have the oral on Wednesday what should I do even though I would love not to go through that pain again. Maybe trim it down really low ?

Comment

• Think of Oral as a professional job interview. You want to give a good appearance, just shape up you beard? I havent shaved in a long time until the nypd haha
              NYPD Exam 3310 (9/12)
              List: 5**
              APD-5:Completed 9/14
              Med:2/15
              Written Psych: 3/15
              JST: 3/15
              BI: 4/15
              Oral Psych: 4/15
              Mini-med:6/15

Comment

• Originally posted by abirnoor View Post
                Think of Oral as a professional job interview. You want to give a good appearance, just shape up you beard? I havent shaved in a long time until the nypd haha
                Yea I think I'll just trim it really low and shape it up make it look good.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdNY View Post
                  Does anyone know the deal with facial hair ? I shaved all facial hair for the med and the written and got a bad reaction like I knew would happen It was so painful. It grow back in but I have the oral on Wednesday what should I do even though I would love not to go through that pain again. Maybe trim it down really low ?
                  As nypdaux2589 said, shape up your beard. No need to shave it off completely until the 1st day of orientation. I shaved off everything for my first medical to realize most men either had minor facial hair or a full face of hair like a razor hasn't touched their face in years.
                  Exam: 2052
                  List#: 1XX
                  Fully processed(including residency check)
                  1st JST: Done
                  1st Mini Med: Done
                  Jan 2015: No Call

Round 2 Begins again:
                  2nd JST: Done(completed the jst faster than my 1st jst)
                  2nd Mini Med: Completed April 2015

Received the email 7/2/15 @20:30

Comment

• Can somebody pm me the apd 27 form if you have it thank you.

Comment

• In regards to the shaving... obviously, if your face hurts from doing so hold off on it, but I know facial hair is frowned on. I know during my medical the Sgt. made it clear that the NYPD is a paramilitary profession and we should act accordingly and continued to tell us that we should clean shave and make sure our appearance are neat. Even mentioned hair should not touch the back of your ear and that if it does, that means it's too long.

Comment

• Thanks guys for the help. I just got a hair cut for my oral tomorrow. made sure face hair was cut low and shaped well. I should be fine this way until orientation like you guys said.

Comment

• In need of a little help. My oral is tomorrow and I'm getting my clothes ready and randomly I decided to look at the paper they gave me with the date and time of the oral. Now when I first got that paper I only looked at the time and date of the oral not noticing that I had to turn over the paper till just now and it list a few things to bring in a written form. I heard someone say you to show up with nothing so I went they that and now I'm in a hole. To anyone who already did the oral what did you bring ? Do they really ask for anything when your in the room ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589
                            They don't really ask for anything. They let you pull out a piece of paper. If you want to take one with you with accurate dates and stuff like that and dob of parents & sibilings, jobs etc.. but if you know it from the top of your head even better.
                            OK thanks..... how long was your oral ?

Comment

• Originally posted by EdNY View Post
                              OK thanks..... how long was your oral ?
                              Mine was twenty minutes, not too crazy. I had a five o'clock shadow but wore a suit and showed up early. Just don't sweat it and be honest with the interviewer. It's okay to take a breath in there if you need to and think of your answer, just make sure it's an honest one and you'll be fine. Good luck.

Comment

• Have any of you who took Exam 3314 been given a date for your JST yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4774 users online. 335 members and 4439 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X