Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does NYPD freeze their balls off during their tour?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does NYPD freeze their balls off during their tour?

deleted post
    Last edited by future e-man; 01-07-2014, 03:40 PM.
    When the people need help, they call the police..when the police need help, they call ESU

NYPD 2326: 12/2011
    APD:?
    medical:?
    pysch:?
    JST:?
    ORAL:?
    Mini MED:?
    Class: JAN 2015???

PAPD EXAM:2013 qualified

They have brass balls -- can't freeze them off.
    “He who can have patience can have what he will.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Dress properly for the assignment.

An old timer once told me "A good cop never gets cold, hungry or wet."

Comment

haha i heard that one before
        When the people need help, they call the police..when the police need help, they call ESU

Comment

Yeah you freeze your nuts off. No matter how much you bundle up, if you are posted somewhere with no vestibules, shops, buildings, etc, your screwed. It's really all in the boots, hands and head..
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by CO1259 View Post
            Dress properly for the assignment.

An old timer once told me "A good cop never gets cold, hungry or wet."
            Yeah it fails if you have a certain inspector coming to your post, or looking you up on camera.

It's a different time my friend.

I can log into all of the TARU cameras in the whole city. It's amazing what they can see and do. Trust me.

Will they typically do that? No. Did it happen to me? Yes. Did it happen to fellow cops? Yep.

Even sergeants and lieutenants are not immune from this rule.

Comment

ouch i cant imagine doing an entire tour on a foot post during a night tour in the middle of the winter in NYC

Comment

Then don't come on the job as you will be doing said assignments for at least a full year.

Do you have a golden v----a? It helps.

Comment

I'll experience it when i get there lol

Comment

Originally posted by mirf93 View Post
                    ouch i cant imagine doing an entire tour on a foot post during a night tour in the middle of the winter in NYC
                    I guess pick up jobs where you can either go inside, or collar up, or do a vertical, or a community visit, etc.

As an Aux I have done some very long traffic posts in some pretty cold weather. Granted it is not the same as spending a full night tour night by night in a blizzard, but it helps to invest in some good underwear like long johns.

Comment

Forgive me but I've got to ask, is cooping a thing of the past or does it still go on?
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                        Then don't come on the job as you will be doing said assignments for at least a full year.

Do you have a golden v----a? It helps.
                        hahahahahaha
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Thats what you sign up for.... if thats what you get, don't complain later on.
                          Its a great time to be transit though! especially after brutal sweaty summers! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                            Forgive me but I've got to ask, is cooping a thing of the past or does it still go on?
                            Cooping absolutely still happens. When I was in Impact one of our spots were the roofs of the
                            housing projects.
                            REALLY REALLY REALLY "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts in New York City!" sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingofqueens718 View Post
                              Cooping absolutely still happens. When I was in Impact one of our spots were the roofs of the
                              housing projects.
                              There is nothing worst than that. I work security at rock center. Only two groups of people go up there when its cold. The people that volunteer because our supervisors don't dare go up there and the **** ups who ****ed off the supervisors and havent brown nosed enough to get down from there or just quit the job.

OT : Other than that when its a long sleeve shirt with an under armour long sleeve shirt and two champion sweaters for my upper do the job with the blauer jacket. as for my legs and feet three sweatpants and some times 3 to 4 pairs of socks with my extra wide boots. Handwarmers are a must for me. I have a light that will keep you nice and toasty the only people I share it with for our paid detail are the sergeants and some dt shields silver shields must earn that privilege =]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4046 users online. 203 members and 3843 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X