Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats going to happen to these cops?

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...k63mhEuE2M7JIe

After watching the video, I'm betting nothing will happen. It appears justified, the dog charged at the officer.

Comment

Originally posted by bscottyb View Post
      Whats going to happen to these cops?
      Nothing. In animal attacks, POs are allowed to discharge their weapons to defend themselves or others from the threat of physical injury, serious physical injury, or death. I think the cop that shot should actually be praised for his quick reaction and accurate shot.

Comment

Pat on the back for good aim.

Comment

one of the guys in the vid is my aux C.O. i called him & told him he was on world star. he was like wtf is that LoL. but nothing is going to happen to them. He felt threatened and defended himself properly.
          Exam: 1302
          List: 10xx
          Medical: Completed
          Psych Written: Completed
          Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
          BI: Completed
          Social media: Completed
          Jst:
          MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

Job well done
            REALLY REALLY REALLY "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts in New York City!" sigpic

Comment

Video and story also on here:
              http://gothamist.com/2012/08/14/grap..._east_vill.php

There will be an investigation as there is for all gun discharges. The officers will not get in trouble though because it was justified. The officer had great reaction time and ended the threat to him.
              “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

immediate threat, one round and a head shot

the trifecta of neutralizing a target
                Originally posted by Rudy8116
                The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
                OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

The video should exonerate the officer, quick and accurate reaction...job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by 02paul09 View Post
                    immediate threat, one round and a head shot

the trifecta of neutralizing a target
                    trifecta is 3 things, that is only 2...

Say what you will about Pitbulls but it looks to me like that was one hell of a loyal dog. He knew his owner couldn't defend himself and, unfortunately, perceived the police as a threat since they were strangers and took a bullet defending his owner.
                    Definitely justified since before the dog charged the officer (right at the :04) it snapped at a pedestrian by the owner's feet. Still, it would be terrible to lose a companion like that so hopefully the dog will recover and reunite with his owner.
                    Last edited by daguan47; 08-16-2012, 04:20 PM.
                    Test 1315: 1XXX
                    APD-5: done
                    Medical: Sept. 30th
                    Social Media: Sept 30th
                    Written Psych: Oct 7
                    Oral Psych: 7
                    JST: Oct 8
                    Mini-med: June 6th!]

Comment

it's unfortunate but the cop was justified.

Personally, I think of myself as a well-educated dog lover and owner. Pit bulls are not as dangerous as everybody thinks. they don't have locking jaws or any of that BS. I don't have a pit, but many of my dogs playmates are pits and they are some of the most well behaved lovable dogs.

Pit bulls are not dangerous dogs and unfortunately non-dog lovers are often ill-educated. The cop was scared but that's not a poor reflection on him...lots of people are scared of what they don't understand.

it's just sad because it would have been very easy to calm that dog down and defuse the situation.
                      Exam: 0140, List# XX
                      APD5: Done
                      Medical: Done
                      Written Psych: Done
                      Oral Psych: Done
                      JST: Scheduled
                      Background: "You're All Set"
                      Mini-Med: TBD

Comment

I'm a dog lover, but I can't blame the officer for what he did. The dog was behaving aggressively and charged at him. It all seemed like it happened very fast. The only question I have is could the officer have put the dog out of it's misery after he shot it? It does seem like it suffered a lot for a while. I don't know what the NYPD regulations are on this.

Comment

Maybe it is easy for you, being Dr Dolittle and all, but not all of us can communicate with animals like you.

Just an observation but almost all the dog bites complaints we take out of my station are pit bull related.

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                          Pit bulls are not dangerous dogs and unfortunately non-dog lovers are often ill-educated. The cop was scared but that's not a poor reflection on him...lots of people are scared of what they don't understand.

it's just sad because it would have been very easy to calm that dog down and defuse the situation.

Comment

*Sees worldstarhiphop,
                            *Closes window.

Comment

That dog was not acting aggressively, it was acting defensively. If it was aggressive it would have bitten the lady before it charged the officer. It was most likely trying to just push people back.
                              Regardless, the officer made the right call. Was it the cop to the right of the one being charged that shot the dog or the officer being charged? Can't watch the video again at the moment but couldn't tell if the smoke was from a gun or pepper spray on the right. If the officer on the right shot then that was one helluva shot, that dog was booking it.
                              Test 1315: 1XXX
                              APD-5: done
                              Medical: Sept. 30th
                              Social Media: Sept 30th
                              Written Psych: Oct 7
                              Oral Psych: 7
                              JST: Oct 8
                              Mini-med: June 6th!]

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8381 users online. 469 members and 7912 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X