300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Nassau County Police Exam

December 9, 2012 exam to be held. Current list to expire in April, 2013. Limited info as of now. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

I wouldn't get excited...they're just giving the test as a matter of process (old test expiring). word running through the NCPD rumor mill is they're looking to get rid of people.

I'm still going to take it LOL.
    Exam: 0140, List# XX
    APD5: Done
    Medical: Done
    Written Psych: Done
    Oral Psych: Done
    JST: Scheduled
    Background: "You're All Set"
    Mini-Med: TBD

Comment

here is a link to get application, hopefully they hire off this test

https://apps.nassaucountyny.gov/NCPD/index.php
      Last edited by A Future Officer; 08-15-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'm glad I'm on with the city for some time now, but I still want my name on every list around. Ya gotta be in it to win it!

Comment

edittt.. asked a dumb question haha .
          Last edited by Estuardoooooo; 08-16-2012, 12:35 AM.
          NYPD Exam 2326
          Score - 9x.xx%
          &
          A whole lot more exams.

Comment

what is the requirements for NC test? Does anyone know?

Comment

REQUIREMENTS

Candidates must compete in the required written examination and pass additional screening procedures.
              Candidates must be legal residents of Nassau County, Suffolk County, Westchester County or one of the five boroughs of New York City at time of appointment and maintain residency.
              Candidates must be at least 17 but less than 35 years of age on the date of the written exam; provided, however, that time spent on military duty or on terminal leave, not exceeding a total of 6 years, shall be subtracted from the age of any applicant who has passed their 35th birthday, as provided in subdivision 10-a of Section 243 of the New York State Military Law.
              Candidates must be citizens of the United States at time of appointment.
              Candidates will be required to submit to a background investigation prior to appointment.
              Candidates must possess a valid New York State drivers license at time of appointment.
              Appointments are determined on an individual basis by the Nassau County Civil Service Commission, however, anyone with a felony conviction may be excluded from being a Nassau County Police Officer.
              No college education is required to take the written examination; however, 32 credits of college education are required for appointment. Those candidates who have not attained that level of education but are otherwise eligible for appointment will remain on the eligible list and will become eligible for appointment after they have obtained the necessary college credits.

Comment

Anyone know what kind of format the test is. Like the NYPD exam or more like the Suffolk PD exam with the personality and psych questions on it??

Comment

It's more like suffolk's test. NCPD's test is one of the hardest.

Comment

is it really a point in taking the test though? im hearing all the talk about how NOBODy got hired from the last one & the county banked all that money for themselves so the only reason there giving this one is because legally the last one expires next spring. I would hate to blow $$ & sit on the sidelines for years and years..till 4 years from now were sitting in the same hot seat as those people who took the last test. Im not trying to stir a debate im just being honest
                    Exam: 1302
                    List: 10xx
                    Medical: Completed
                    Psych Written: Completed
                    Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
                    BI: Completed
                    Social media: Completed
                    Jst:
                    MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

I cant believe that people worry about spending $100 for the chance to get one of the most coveted law enforcement jobs in the country.

How stupid would you feel that you didnt give it a shot and they DO hire?

Guys, there are current cops taking the test...NEVER get complacent. Always try to better yourself. Get on lists. You have no shot otherwise.

Or you could take your girl out for dinner with $100. Sheesh.

Comment

I'm going to take it for that exact reason. you don't know what will happen in the next four years. they may force a whole bunch of guys to retire. they may have normal attrition.

Yes, the county is in financial crisis and no they have no intentions right now of hiring; however, that could change in 2-3 years.

i can see that the 100 bucks would be a deterrent for some people. for me, it's worth it to get my name on this on the off chance they have to hire people.

PS--yes, they are giving the test simply because civil service law dictates the test expires in April '13. You can't expect one of the ten largest LE agencies in the country not to have a current list all times.

given the amount of people who take the test, I don't blame them for charging a 100 bucks. they had over 10,000 people take it last round. Imagine what would have happened if it were free!?!?!

Comment

totally agree with both^^..with that said. im def on board lol
                          Exam: 1302
                          List: 10xx
                          Medical: Completed
                          Psych Written: Completed
                          Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
                          BI: Completed
                          Social media: Completed
                          Jst:
                          MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

I wonder if your $100 donation to Nassau County is tax deductible? Talk to all of the people that took the last test, went through the entire process, signed conditional offers of employment and had them rescinded while losing out on other people taking village jobs instead. BTW the test was very similar to suffolk. If I remember correctly the 2007 test was only about 20 reading questions long and then all of the rest of the questions were a psychological exam. Only reason to take this test would be to get on the list for the villages, and if one calls, take the job and do not wait for the county.
                            The JOB

Comment

anyone know who determines residency within towns or villages? Nassau County or the individual villages?.. Reason is that I live/address is in a village which has a PD, but I am not technically in the incorporated village.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3898 users online. 193 members and 3705 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X