2012 MTA Police Officer Exam Announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
    How many sit ups and pushups do you have to do?
    For ages 20-29, you are expected to do 38 sit-ups in 1 minute, and 29 continuously push-ups without resting.

Comment

Originally posted by mikefan1034 View Post
      same here man I hate running!. I can do the 1.5 mile in 10min 45sec and after I am exhausted lol
      Last edited by MikeNewYork; 04-01-2013, 12:41 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Im 6 foot 2 and was 240lbs now after running 4 times a week i weigh 228 in morning. lost mad water weight lol

Originally posted by MikeNewYork View Post
        thats a sick time . i just got done doing the pushups which isn't hard at all did my sit-ups in 45 sec and ran it in 11:28 which is my best so far .. im so ****in ready
        sigpic

Comment

• Is there a weight standard?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeNewYork View Post
            thanks for this info, do you know ho much time is between each part of the test ?
            Between the first 3 maybe 30 seconds to a minute. For the run you could wait a minute or an hour depending on how many people there are, who passes, etc.

Comment

• thats what i was thinking.. thanks.. the email says be prepared to be their whole day lol

Originally posted by CAnde View Post
              Between the first 3 maybe 30 seconds to a minute. For the run you could wait a minute or an hour depending on how many people there are, who passes, etc.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeNewYork View Post
                thats what i was thinking.. thanks.. the email says be prepared to be their whole day lol
                Yeah, I can't see this lasting no more than 3 hours tops.

Comment

• For the sit ups, your fingers have to be interlaced behind your head correct?

Comment

• yep 38 in a min

Originally posted by PD3090 View Post
                    For the sit ups, your fingers have to be interlaced behind your head correct?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hey everyone, Are they still sending out emails to take the physical fitness test?
                      I received the original email back on 2/15 stating that I passed the written examination but have not heard anything further yet.

Comment

• Is there anyone that applied for the exam but never got selected to take it?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCPDhopeful View Post
                          Is there anyone that applied for the exam but never got selected to take it?
                          I know my buddy applied but wasn't asked to take it

Comment

• My agility is one the 16th as well . Do ya'll think that if we pass our physicals on the 16th they will give us our next date for our next appointment???? OR are we just thrown into the pool again and randomly selected for the next step in the process?

What comes after the agility?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• i hope that they do give us our next date bc i have a feeling it will not be that much that make it through..if we go into another pool thats just ridiculous. basically we we were picked out of a pool twice already... and the next step according to the mat website is a panel interview

Originally posted by Applicant1222222 View Post
                              My agility is one the 16th as well . Do ya'll think that if we pass our physicals on the 16th they will give us our next date for our next appointment???? OR are we just thrown into the pool again and randomly selected for the next step in the process?

Thanks in advance.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Applicant1222222 View Post
                                My agility is one the 16th as well . Do ya'll think that if we pass our physicals on the 16th they will give us our next date for our next appointment???? OR are we just thrown into the pool again and randomly selected for the next step in the process?

Thanks in advance.
                                Immediately after the physical....if you pass then you will be scheduled for the panel interview.

For the 04 exam they gave you a second chance if u failed the physical at a later date. For the 08 exam if you failed there was no 2nd chance.

Go in there thinking there are no second chances. A lot of people fail this physical. You should be practicing for it everyday. Don't take any art for granted. Lots of people fail the stretch. Just stretch everyday and be able to reach past your toes
                                Last edited by NCPDhopeful; 03-02-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4876 users online. 143 members and 4733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X