X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 MTA Police Officer Exam Announcement

For anyone that is interested . . .

Go to http://mta.info/mta/employment/ and click "MTA Headquarters (including MTA Police)". Agree to the privacy policy and then check the box next to "MTA Police Officer", hit the search button and you will see the link for the exam announcement. It was just posted today. I tried to create a direct link to the announcement, but the MTA website would not let me.

Job Information
    The Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police Department seeks highly motivated, qualified individuals for the position of Police Officer. MTA Police Officers are responsible for ensuring the safety of MTA customers and employees, as well as for protecting property throughout the MTA New York and Connecticut operating regions (New York City, Long Island, Upstate NY and CT). As a full service Police Department, assignments include uniformed patrol, detective division, communications, administrative services, highway patrol, canine, emergency services unit, and counter-terrorism unit. Successful candidates will be capable of meeting all the challenges of the job.
    Education and Experience
    At the time of appointment, a candidate must have:
    ° A minimum of 60 college credits with a 2.0 grade point average from an accredited college
    * Candidates must have secured 60 college credits at the time of the panel interview
    OR ° Two years satisfactory, full-time active service as a sworn police officer
    OR ° Two years active duty U.S. military experience with honorable discharge.
    ° Candidates must be at least 19 years of age, but not more than 35 years of age, as of the date of the written examination (Candidates who exceed this age requirement but have a period of active military duty or terminal leave, not exceeding a total of 6 years, shall have these years subtracted from their age)
    ° Candidates must reside in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut at the date of appointment and continue to maintain residence in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut for the term of employment with the MTAPD.
    Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
    ° Starting Salary of $40,835 (upon completing 6 years of service the top pay is $84,011 annually)

° Defined Benefit Pension Plan

° Deferred Compensation: 401K/457 plans

° Comprehensive benefit package

° Unlimited sick leave with full pay

° Uniformed Patrol Officers work three 12-hour and 20 minute shifts a week. Every third week officers are required to work a fourth 12-hour and 20 minute shift.

° Tuition Reimbursement

° Excellent promotional opportunities
    How To Apply
    Candidates who meet the requirements will be included in a random selection process to be considered for the written examination. Please note there is no guarantee that any candidate will be selected to take the written examination or considered for any of the other steps in the selection process.

If a candidate who is randomly selected to take the written examination meets all the requirements, they will receive instructions with regard to providing the non-refundable application fee in the amount of $40.00.

Additionally, you must complete and submit an online application by first clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button. If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the 'CLICK HERE TO REGISTER' hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
    Equal Employment Opportunity
    MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

So when is the date of the test?
    "Stuck with the tag until further notice"

Waiting.......would be nice before I was completely gray.

Comment

Submitted an application, and right after I hit submit I got 2 emails. One said they would review my application and get back to me, the other said I wasn't qualified. Did anyone else run into this? I think this may be because I hit "Continue" accidentally before my application was complete and got an error message.

As of right now the status of my application says "Applied." Just wanted to confirm this is how everyone else's screen looks, I would hate to lose out on an opportunity like this because of a technical issue.

EDIT: There is definitely something wrong with the site. It let me apply again 15 minutes later and I submitted another application yet it bounced me back for not answering the felony conviction question. I answered "NO" to the felony conviction question and it's not accepting that.
      Last edited by CableGuy516; 07-05-2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by POCHEDDAR View Post
        So when is the date of the test?
        I believe that as of right now there is no set date. I find it bizarre that the MTA puts all qualified applicants into a pool and then randomly selects X amount of applicants from the pool to actually take the written exam. So, even if you are qualified and apply there is no guarantee (Unless you have a hook.) that you will even get a chance to take the written exam. I have never heard of a police department doing this before.

You would figure that the MTA would be happy to take the $40.00 from the tens of thousands of people who want to take the exam. I guess it's a major plus for people invited to take the exam, because it will be that many less people to compete with for the job. On the other hand it sucks big time for a qualified person that is turned away from the get go.

I guess when you work outside the realm of civil service you can make up any rules you want for the hiring process.

Comment

Originally posted by CableGuy516 View Post
          Submitted an application, and right after I hit submit I got 2 emails. One said they would review my application and get back to me, the other said I wasn't qualified. Did anyone else run into this? I think this may be because I hit "Continue" accidentally before my application was complete and got an error message.

As of right now the status of my application says "Applied." Just wanted to confirm this is how everyone else's screen looks, I would hate to lose out on an opportunity like this because of a technical issue.

EDIT: There is definitely something wrong with the site. It let me apply again 15 minutes later and I submitted another application yet it bounced me back for not answering the felony conviction question. I answered "NO" to the felony conviction question and it's not accepting that.

same chit happened to me bro. im sitting here all happy & click send atleast confident that i even got the chance to apply. Then i recieve a email 3 minutes later basically saying im disqualified because im a felon. Iv'e never been arrested lmfao. & i tried to send a email back to the address that told me i was DQ'd. Its a dead address. so annoyed lol
          Exam: 1302
          List: 10xx
          Medical: Completed
          Psych Written: Completed
          Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
          BI: Completed
          Social media: Completed
          Jst:
          MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

i too just got DQ'd cuz of the felony question lol

this is a major botch. who do we need to contact to fix that? bc im sure at least 100 ppl by now have been dq'd unfairly

Comment

hey guys use this contact form to notify the MTA of their error so we can get our chance!

http://mta-nyc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...nduser/ask.php

Comment

Same issue here. Hope they fix it. I sent an email to the link you supplied.
                NYPD
                Exam: 2311 List 6XX
                Medical: February 2014 Complete
                Written Psych: February 2014 Complete
                Oral Psych: February 2014 Complete
                BI Meeting: March 2014 Complete
                JST: March 2014 Complete
                Mini-Medical: May 2014 Complete
                Resident Check: June 2014 Complete

July 2014 Class. Got the Call 7/6/14

Comment

This is the first time MTA has a residency requirement.

I think everyone is having this issue with getting an e-mail telling them they don't qualify because they may have a felony. There can be a technical glitch!

Comment

Originally posted by HPHopeful87 View Post
                    Same issue here. Hope they fix it. I sent an email to the link you supplied.
                    Same thing happened to me... I sent an email as well. Hope I hear something back from them.

Comment

I wonder if they are aware of this issue or if there is number to call?
                      NYPD

Comment

Any updates?
                        NYPD

Comment

I just don't understand how they could put out another exam when I haven't gotten called from the previous 08 exam.

Comment

They don't operate under typical civil service rules. They "randomly" select people who passed the exam, the same as Port Authority PD. Do they randomly select SOME people, yeah I'm sure, because I got the call to go in for the physical agility, and I don't know anyone in MTAPD, but if uncle joe works for MTAPD, you have a better shot at getting your name pulled. They still haven't hired anyone off of this exam, and it looks like another way for the MTA to make some $$. My advice if you haven't already is just take the NYPD exam, because they seem to be the only department steadily hiring at this point.
                            The JOB

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I sent an email to them. Hopefully they straighten it out

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4723 users online. 328 members and 4395 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X