300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self sponsor

I had a question about self sponsoring yourself through the academy. Once completed and you start taking civil service exams are you put in the same pool as everyone else? And how long is the certification good for?
    Exam#8332
    List#7xx
    Medical-Done 10/2011
    Written psych-
    Oral psych-
    BI-
    JST-
    Mini med-

You are put in the same pool as everyone else. The certification is good for 2 years. After 2 years, you need to take a refresher course. It's best to take as many civil service exams as possible and start taking them long before you even self-sponsor as it takes a while to process. I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks man, that's what I thought.
      Exam#8332
      List#7xx
      Medical-Done 10/2011
      Written psych-
      Oral psych-
      BI-
      JST-
      Mini med-

Comment

Originally posted by Billsfan90 View Post
        I had a question about self sponsoring yourself through the academy. Once completed and you start taking civil service exams are you put in the same pool as everyone else? And how long is the certification good for?
        Many of the upstate counties have formed "Law Enforcement Training Groups" that teach the MPTC Basic Police Officer Training Course/ Phase 1. Typically, this is done thru your local community college and the tuition will cost you around three thousand dollars for the course. Phase Two training is firearms and for that you'd need to be sponsored/hired by a police agency.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4423 users online. 239 members and 4184 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
        X