300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the next TBTA exam?

I know they just had a sargent exam that just went out so there should be openings

That looks like maybe they are getting prepared to start a new exam, i also hope they do. I will like get on with them if possible.
    Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

Any idea if one will be given this year?

Comment

Anyone have any information of the requirements, salary, retirement ect on this job? Looked for a link online for information regarding this info, but was unsuccessful.

Comment

Any tbta guys know anything about a exam?

Comment

Damn, it seems theres no TBTA guys here.. It would've been nice to have some info.
            New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

GBOTJ is a tbta officer, he does not frequent here as much anymore, but perhaps a PM might reach his email?

who knows.
              Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

TBTA great gig, but there not cops, there glorified cashiers

Comment

Don't let a glorified cashier pull you over and give you a mover or lock you up for DWI.

oh yeah next time they pull you over tell them cashiers can't give out summonses or lock anyone up.

I'm not going to disagree that it's pathetic to have uniformed officers manning a toll booth. Still doesn't mean you have to put them down. They have civilians running the show, not their fault.

I haven't had the best experience with them first hand but I know when to keep my damn mouth shut, I suggest you learn the same.

There's no "call the boss" or "delegate"... They can summons every single one of us everyday as the majority of us use their facilities. Nothing anyone can do about it!

How many TBTA officers have you stopped? I never did, neither did any of my buddies.

36,000 fish in a barrel to shoot from, compared to their barely a 1,000 or so.

No wonder outside agencies write over our "PBA" cards. Courtesy flows two different ways. Agency to agency, and motorist to officer.

Stop the chit.
                  Last edited by NYCTNT; 12-03-2012, 09:05 PM.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by Five-Year-Wonder View Post
                    TBTA great gig, but there not cops, there glorified cashiers
                    hahahaha, fantastic, chief!

Glorified cashiers, let me touch on that for one minute. I can count on one hand how many times I've collected tolls in my almost 4 years. With that said, do you have ANY ****ing idea how many assaults, gun collars, drug collars, DWIs, etc. that we've had just by someone pulling up to a toll booth not knowing that a "kinda-like-a-cop" was sitting in there making some great ****ing money to sit and theoretically do nothing? Nah I bet you didnt think about that. How about the MANY times a cop was involved in a 53 and we're the ones that respond to it, and take care of everything. Avg. speed on our bridges is roughly 90mph and when theres a MVA its usually pretty decent, so far I never had an off duty guy tell me "no thanks guy, I got my own people coming to help". On that subject - both bronx and manhattan HWY turn out 2 sectors each, so when **** goes down on YOUR highways who do you think is usually first there? Us again. I guess since Im a toll collector I dont have to wear this dumb body armor that we're required to wear, since we face no real danger right, 5-year? I guess our only danger is when we're in the RMP (yeah we drive cars too, but its only to collect the toll while on the move lol) and we back your guys up with car stops, collars, various other bull****. I guess when central calls our desks for jobs we should reply with "sorry, we're toll collectors. Send the NYPD supercops in to handle it." One of my fondest memories of being a white shield was a PSA2 cop ask me to write up a narrative on HER online and 61 regarding a collar, or the time one of your rookies was getting reamed out, for something that anyone with more than 5 MINUTES on the job would know he had no idea about certain rules, and made to feel like sh*t in his own command that he was afraid to ask any of his coworkers for help, so he asked me to help print his perp (oh his partner was real aces. You guys must have alot of comeraderie I see). Countless times I've seen my guys go above and beyond to help other agencies and NOT ONCE did I see anyone from another PD get screwed over by us. In that respect I can say the same that I've never had a bad experience on duty or off with NYPD or any other agency, first hand, we all work together. We do ALOT of the same things (as far as uniformed goes atleast).

Anyway bro, have fun on your impact post on some street corner writing C's all day (see what I did there, I generalized your entire job by what I happen to see very infrequently as I pass your guys)....

For the record, I have nothing but respect for every law enforcement agency, and look down on no one. Whether its parks enforcement, DHS police, or courts, any one of us could be the the headline of ODMP.org at any moment. Perps dont care what your patch says, if you dont know that yet, then you still have alot of learning to do.

Stay safe guys.
                    sigpic

Comment

as far as the questions asked, no officers exam announced for the near future. Probably wont be one for YEARS. They just had a Sergeant exam (which alot of us were promoted from ) and a Lieutenant test is next year ( again). They are currently in contract negotiations and MTA wants some givebacks for the unborn, so I guess if they get it (which they most likely will) they will give another test.

DCAS stopped doing our exams, and now the civil service exams are through NYCT exams. So check that website for updates.
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=gbotj;3188148]hahahaha, fantastic, chief!

Glorified cashiers, let me touch on that for one minute. I can count on one hand how many times I've collected tolls in my almost 4 years. With that said, do you have ANY ****ing idea how many assaults, gun collars, drug collars, DWIs, etc. that we've had just by someone pulling up to a toll booth not knowing that a "kinda-like-a-cop" was sitting in there making some great ****ing money to sit and theoretically do nothing? Nah I bet you didnt think about that. How about the MANY times a cop was involved in a 53 and we're the ones that respond to it, and take care of everything. Avg. speed on our bridges is roughly 90mph and when theres a MVA its usually pretty decent, so far I never had an off duty guy tell me "no thanks guy, I got my own people coming to help". On that subject - both bronx and manhattan HWY turn out 2 sectors each, so when **** goes down on YOUR highways who do you think is usually first there? Us again. I guess since Im a toll collector I dont have to wear this dumb body armor that we're required to wear, since we face no real danger right, 5-year? I guess our only danger is when we're in the RMP (yeah we drive cars too, but its only to collect the toll while on the move lol) and we back your guys up with car stops, collars, various other bull****. I guess when central calls our desks for jobs we should reply with "sorry, we're toll collectors. Send the NYPD supercops in to handle it." One of my fondest memories of being a white shield was a PSA2 cop ask me to write up a narrative on HER online and 61 regarding a collar, or the time one of your rookies was getting reamed out, for something that anyone with more than 5 MINUTES on the job would know he had no idea about certain rules, and made to feel like sh*t in his own command that he was afraid to ask any of his coworkers for help, so he asked me to help print his perp (oh his partner was real aces. You guys must have alot of comeraderie I see). Countless times I've seen my guys go above and beyond to help other agencies and NOT ONCE did I see anyone from another PD get screwed over by us. In that respect I can say the same that I've never had a bad experience on duty or off with NYPD or any other agency, first hand, we all work together. We do ALOT of the same things (as far as uniformed goes atleast).

Anyway bro, have fun on your impact post on some street corner writing C's all day (see what I did there, I generalized your entire job by what I happen to see very infrequently as I pass your guys)....

For the record, I have nothing but respect for every law enforcement agency, and look down on no one. Whether its parks enforcement, DHS police, or courts, any one of us could be the the headline of ODMP.org at any moment. Perps dont care what your patch says, if you dont know that yet, then you still have alot of learning to do.

Stay safe guys.[/QUO

You and TNT got it all right, tumps up for both of you, respect goes both ways and i have never got stop by tbta bout in my eyes you guys are cops and you get my respect and am just NYPD Auxiliary if i see any uniform MOS of any agency i help as much as i can ....Am looking get on with you guys any info as of testing soon , word on the street ?
                        Last edited by nycapomts; 12-05-2012, 12:23 AM.
                        Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                          as far as the questions asked, no officers exam announced for the near future. Probably wont be one for YEARS. They just had a Sergeant exam (which alot of us were promoted from ) and a Lieutenant test is next year ( again). They are currently in contract negotiations and MTA wants some givebacks for the unborn, so I guess if they get it (which they most likely will) they will give another test.
                          DCAS stopped doing our exams, and now the civil service exams are through NYCT exams. So check that website for updates.
                          i like this guy^^ lol... which bridge do you usually be at bro? i could use a friend on the whitestone lmfao jk
                          Exam: 1302
                          List: 10xx
                          Medical: Completed
                          Psych Written: Completed
                          Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
                          BI: Completed
                          Social media: Completed
                          Jst:
                          MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

I'm sorry did I say cashier, I forgot about E-Z pass, where a machine now does your job, lets also not forgot about that TBTA LT who's name I won't post but could be easly found who use to write and lock up every NYPD cop he came in contact with, so yea courtesy does work both ways, first off TBTA guys never had firearms pre- 9/11 only bosses carried, go back to your booth and change me for a 20.

http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/32444

Interesting.....
                            Last edited by Five-Year-Wonder; 12-04-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Five-Year-Wonder View Post
                              I'm sorry did I say cashier, I forgot about E-Z pass, where a machine now does your job, lets also not forgot about that TBTA LT who's name I won't post but could be easly found who use to write and lock up every NYPD cop he came in contact with, so yea courtesy does work both ways, first off TBTA guys never had firearms pre- 9/11 only bosses carried, go back to your booth and change me for a 20.

http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/32444

Interesting.....
                              Do you really have nothing better to do then to insult everybody on this forum? Go play nice in the sandbox and brush up on your spelling so your SGT doesn't feel like a second grade teacher whenever he scratches your memo book.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4654 users online. 323 members and 4331 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X