Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any officers working out of westchester in here? or anyone with some insider info?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any officers working out of westchester in here? or anyone with some insider info?

Just wondering if anyone with solid info can tell me if any of the Departments listed below are looking for any New recruits to hire and if so, how many? (dont forget to say the name of the dept looking to hire lol)

Village of Ardsley
    Town of Bedford
    Village of Briarcliff Manor
    Village of Bronxville
    Village of Buchanan
    Village of Croton
    Village of Dobbs Ferry
    Town of Eastchester
    Village of Elmsford
    Village of Hastings
    Village of Harrison
    Village of Irvington
    Town of Mamaroneck
    Village of Mamaroneck
    Village of Mt. Kisco
    Town of New Castle
    Town of North Castle
    Town of Ossining
    Village of Ossining
    City of Peekskill
    Village of Pelham
    Village of Pelham Manor
    Village of Pleasantville
    Village of Port Chester
    City of Rye
    Village of Rye Brook
    Village of Scarsdale
    Village of Sleepy Hollow
    Village of Tarrytown
    Town of Mt. Pleasant
    Village of Tuckahoe
    Town of Yorktown
    County Public Safety Services
    Town of Greenburgh
    Village of Larchmont
    Last edited by blacktalon111; 06-21-2012, 11:54 AM.

Getting hired in Westchester is extremely difficult. You need to either have a phone call or bring something to the table that is valuable (ie: police experience and a bachelor's degree). If the municipality you live in uses a residency list, it is easier to get hired as they will canvass off of the residency list and an not take any outsiders. Like I said, if you are looking to get on a Westchester job that doesn't use a residency list, you better be prepared to have something to show them during the interview process that will make you stand out or it will be thanks, but no thanks.

Comment

As far as residency lists go, If you live in a town and within that town there is a village, but you do not technically live in the village, but the police dept is about 4 minutes from your house, will a residency list be applied to you? (especially if there are none or very very few people within the village that are looking to get hired) and if the list will not be applied to you, would you still be given any kind of preference over someone who lives at the other end of the county? (about 40 min away)

Comment

That question has already been answered. You've acknowledged receiving the answer. There should be one general westchester county thread. There is no need for 5 diff threads for one civil service list. And yes both towns and villages drug test...

Comment

Originally posted by NY Police Man View Post
          That question has already been answered. You've acknowledged receiving the answer. There should be one general westchester county thread. There is no need for 5 diff threads for one civil service list. And yes both towns and villages drug test...
          huh?

Comment

So does anyone know if any of the aforementioned departments have any openings (and how many) that they are looking to get filled by new recruits?

Comment

Why don't you call each of those departments and find out?

Comment

Originally posted by blacktalon111 View Post
                So does anyone know if any of the aforementioned departments have any openings (and how many) that they are looking to get filled by new recruits?
                Guy, the other posters answered your question. A new recruit with no prior police experience you better live in the village or town, know the chief and mayor and bring some other skill, trade, education. My guess based on more knowledgeable posters responses and the last thread from previous test, very few will hire aside from the county and cities, all will be cops already, and few to none of the small village pd's will even bother sending canvass letters.

Comment

Originally posted by blacktalon111 View Post
                  huh?
                  Yesterday,*04:11 PM #9
                  blacktalon111
                  Forum Member
                  I see, I recently received a couple canvas letters, I sent them back in saying I was still interested in the job, assuming everything goes my way, how long should I expect to wait before I hear from them?

Also, just wondering if you know this, I know that when you live IN a jurisdiction you get priority BUT I live in a medium size town, within this town there is a small village which is owned by the town i live in, That village sent me a canvass letter (I live about 4 minutes away from that police Dept. but outside of their jurisdiction) I have read on this site that people from the other side of the county have received canvass letters from them too, do you think I will have any kind of upper hand over them because of my location? or since im not technically in their jurisdiction am I on an equal playing field as the people that live on the other side of the county? (maybe like 40 minutes away)

Don't ask the same question twice just bc you don't like the answer. If a job canvassed that means they are interested in hiring. If you didn't get a letter from them than no, they will not hire you. Common sense if an integral part of police work. I suggest trying to pick some up.

Comment

Just a couple of days ago, JC123 was banned. He was posting numerous annoying post regarding Westchester Departments.

Blacktalon111 joins two days ago and has aleady posted numerous questions regarding Westchester Departments.

Does anyone here see a pattern? (I see that NY Police Man does!!)

Maybe it is just a coincidence.
                    Last edited by Sled; 06-22-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Yes JC, I mean BlackTalon, all of those towns also do drug testing. Just in case you were wondering.

The village of marihuana is hiring! And yes, damnit, they drug test too! Can't win this game! No loopholes!
                      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by Sled View Post
                        Just a couple of days ago, JC123 was banned. He was posting numerous annoying post regarding Westchester Departments.

Blacktalon111 joins two days ago and has aleady posted numerous questions regarding Westchester Departments.

Does anyone here see a pattern? (I see that NY Police Man does!!)

Maybe it is just a coincidence.
                        We all know it is, its just funny to watch how everyone plays out the scenario. It's guys like this, general whatever his name a few years ago that inspire me to apply to transfer to applicant processing.

Comment

A few of you on here seem to be very confused. Also, as far as someone answering a Q I had previously asked, It has nothing to do with me liking or disliking an answer, I was just given a pretty general answer and was hoping the person I asked this time around had a more specific answer. And I did not ask if people thought it was likely to get hired by the depts listed or not. So back to the original point of this thread, does anyone know if any of the specific depts listed are hiring new recruits or not and if so, how many people are they looking to get? (If you do not have a specific answer to this question, then I kindly ask that you refrain from commenting on this thread)

Comment

Is there a significant MO present?

If they canvassed then they are considering hiring, if they did not canvass then no they are not looking to hire new recruits. It appears Bedford, larchmont, Mamaroneck and Peekskill all canvassed by following the posts. considering you asked a question about a village and larchmont is the only village that canvassed and larchmont being within the town of Mamaroneck it appears you reside in Mamaroneck. And low and behold our good old friend JC got collared for UPM there....

Comment

Im sorry, you are seriously confusing me with someone else. I do not even live in Westchester. I am possibly moving there for an upcoming police Exam they are having, because you have to be a resident to take it. How could they be sending out canvass letters for a test that did not yet happen? I have signed up for the test and I have until the end of October to move to Westchester and be eligible to take it, and I wanted to know if anyone knew any specifics about any of the Depts listed to try and decide for myself if it was even worth it. I do not care to hear if it is hard or not to get hired there, I only want to know if anyone happens to have solid info on whether or not there are any openings in any of those depts.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6448 users online. 338 members and 6110 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X