300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western NY laterals?

Anyone know of any agencies in Erie County or Niagara County accepting lateral transfers? Preferably larger agencies with multiple units for movement (Narcotics, EOD, SWAT, traffic, etc.)? Thanks.

Erie County Sheriff's take lateral transfers and I know someone who laterally transferred to the Town of Tonawanda PD. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you won't transfer into any special units liked Traffic, Narco, SWAT, etc. Do your 10 or 15 years in the department and then you'll get your shot. New guys always start at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by WNY-PD View Post
      Erie County Sheriff's take lateral transfers and I know someone who laterally transferred to the Town of Tonawanda PD. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you won't transfer into any special units liked Traffic, Narco, SWAT, etc. Do your 10 or 15 years in the department and then you'll get your shot. New guys always start at the bottom.
      Thanks for the info. Just looking for agencies that have those opportunities for future movement.

Comment

Depends on where you are transferring from. I know most departments around here don't accept out of state certifications. Had a guy in my academy class that was on the job for 5+ years out of state and had to start all over again.

Comment

Why are you thinking of leaving? You work in one of the most wonderful counties in the State!!!

Comment

NYS DCJS certified.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10220 users online. 361 members and 9859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X