300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Deployment - NYPD

Just had a few questions and was hoping someone would know how voluntary and involuntary deployment works with the NYPD in reference to pay.

A few general questions:

1) If I want to voluntarily deploy to location X for 3 months, I would take an extended leave of absence therefore forfeiting all PD pay and only take my active duty pay right?

2) If I were to be involuntarily deployed to location X, would I be taking the military pay and a portion of the PD pay to get the difference between the two for my normal pay?

3) How is the job with voluntary deployment? Can they not let you go?

4) To take an extended leave of absence, do I really have to burn up all my time prior to doing so?

In the process of getting into the reserves and was hoping some guys on here would be give me some further insight.

Thanks

orders are orders. I have some friends on I guess what you could call voluntary title 10 orders right now for year CONUS, and they are getting all the normal granted military leave paid time. And then after that is done the NYPD pays out the difference between their military basic pay allowance and their NYPD pay on top of military basic pay.
    CBPO
    TO - 05/08 JFK
    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

Call the Medical and Extended Leave Desk.

They shall help you with no problems.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Orders are orders no matter what. It doesn't matter if you volunteered for them or not They still get printed up the same way. The Job lets you go the whole time you are under orders and your timer keeps going so you never loose good pensionable years. Yes you do get the difference between your military base pay and your NYPD base pay. Some people choose to get full pay from both jobs the whole time while on deployment. They in turn have to pay the difference back. It's more or less an interest free loan.
        Now you also get your weekend drills as well as your 2 weeks a year while your a reservist. The job will pay your full base salary to you for 30 day's a year. They don't have to keep paying you if you do take more than 30 days, but you can always go anyway and they will allow it, no questions asked.

Now there is something with the 5 years total you can deploy. I am not 100% sure but I think that some orders are in support of Iraqi freedom and they don't count towards that 5 year counter but orders to schools, etc.... do....

Comment

Originally posted by NAVCOP View Post
          Orders are orders no matter what. It doesn't matter if you volunteered for them or not They still get printed up the same way. The Job lets you go the whole time you are under orders and your timer keeps going so you never loose good pensionable years. Yes you do get the difference between your military base pay and your NYPD base pay. Some people choose to get full pay from both jobs the whole time while on deployment. They in turn have to pay the difference back. It's more or less an interest free loan.
          Now you also get your weekend drills as well as your 2 weeks a year while your a reservist. The job will pay your full base salary to you for 30 day's a year. They don't have to keep paying you if you do take more than 30 days, but you can always go anyway and they will allow it, no questions asked.

Now there is something with the 5 years total you can deploy. I am not 100% sure but I think that some orders are in support of Iraqi freedom and they don't count towards that 5 year counter but orders to schools, etc.... do....
          Thanks!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4591 users online. 232 members and 4359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X