300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS corrections vs. orange county corrections help choose

Please help I am currently in the orange county corrections academy I just received a phone call from NY state corrections there academy is starting in April and they want me to start..... What should I do?? Which is better?? Orange county or NY state thanks

you got a ny state call? when did you take the test?
    NYPD Exam 6093(expired ) 1302 List 1xxx
    Apd5- submitted 2/2012
    Medical- DONE
    Psych Written- DONE
    Psych Oral- DONE
    Background- In process
    JST- not yet

Fdny 2000- score 104 list 3xx

Comment

Just taking a stab in the dark here-where do you live? If close to Orange county I would think you might want to stay where you are. Unless the money was much better w/ the state (which I highly doubt) Why would you risk the possibility of being assigned to a SP in Erie County?
      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

I don't have experience with NY, but in NJ the Counties were generally the better places to work. State had the plus of being more prestigious and varied in the work, but County paid better, and tended to have closer relationships with the people I worked with. If NY is similar, I'd stick with County.

You're also in and going through the academy already with county. Why resign and start all over again?
        Last edited by Wanderlust; 03-30-2012, 07:18 PM. Reason: More info
        "Writing about yourself seems to be a lot like sticking a branch into clear river-water and roiling up the muddy bottom."

Comment

Originally posted by tony98ddd View Post
          Please help I am currently in the orange county corrections academy I just received a phone call from NY state corrections there academy is starting in April and they want me to start..... What should I do?? Which is better?? Orange county or NY state thanks
          Stay with Orange County S.O., Tony. The pay is better than the state, you are closer to home and the working conditions in a podular setting is better. The county will grant you leeway in certain matters whereas state corrections is not flexible.

Comment

It seems the choice is quite clear......

Comment

Tony98, if you don't mind me asking when did you take the orange county exam? I took it in Oct 2010 and have a pretty high list number but still haven't heard anything (other then getting my score)
              NYPD Exam# 0312
              APD 5: done
              Medical: done
              Writ. Psych.: done
              Oral Psych.: xx
              Jst: xx
              Background Check: xx

NYC DEP Exam # 1303
              Medical: done
              Writ. Psych.: done
              Oral Psych.: done
              Jst: done
              Background Check: done?

Comment

i'm curious when he took the nys one, i took mine in oct 2010, and list # was xxx, and nothing yet.
                NYPD Exam 6093(expired ) 1302 List 1xxx
                Apd5- submitted 2/2012
                Medical- DONE
                Psych Written- DONE
                Psych Oral- DONE
                Background- In process
                JST- not yet

Fdny 2000- score 104 list 3xx

Comment

sorry for the late response guys i took exam number 24997 on 6/30/2008 for new york state corrections... the academy is starting in april this year... i told them i wasn't gonna take the job as i am going to stay with Orange County I'm already 4 weeks in and we just got sprayed lol no need to do it over..plus I'm pretty happy there its a nice new and clean facility thanks for all the advice it was very helpful

Comment

the orange county exam i took in 2008 as well

Comment

I got a call back from DOC. Am to report to 75-20 Astoria Queen's tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry My DOC Exam# 300.

Comment

Originally posted by tony98ddd View Post
                          sorry for the late response guys i took exam number 24997 on 6/30/2008 for new york state corrections... the academy is starting in april this year... i told them i wasn't gonna take the job as i am going to stay with Orange County I'm already 4 weeks in and we just got sprayed lol no need to do it over..plus I'm pretty happy there its a nice new and clean facility thanks for all the advice it was very helpful

It's not a pleasant experience getting sprayed with OC!!! Good luck in the pods, C.O.!

Comment

Originally posted by Freeze106 View Post
                            I got a call back from DOC. Am to report to 75-20 Astoria Queen's tomorrow.
                            Originally posted by Freeze106 View Post
                            Sorry My DOC Exam# 300.
                            What does that have to do with this thread??? NYS corrections vs. orange county corrections help choose" ????
                            Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7481 users online. 366 members and 7115 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                            X