Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockland County Civil Service Police Test? When?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockland County Civil Service Police Test? When?

Anyone know when Rockland County is going to be giving the next test? Specifically County Sheriff.
    Last edited by FullMetal; 03-23-2012, 01:17 PM.
    "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
    -Abraham Lincoln

11/2012. If you don't live in Rockland County, you aren't eligible to be hired by any of the departments as they all use town/village residency lists. Sheriff only hired Rockland residents.

Comment

Does any Dept. in Rockland do resignation reinstatement?

Comment

cool, thanks.
        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by nymrh View Post
          Does any Dept. in Rockland do resignation reinstatement?
          None of the towns do. The villages might. You would have to call around.

Comment

-------------------------------------------
            Last edited by SectorCharlie; 09-22-2012, 06:47 PM. Reason: ------------------------

Comment

can you still take the test if you dont live in rockland county? i live 5 minutes outside of rockland county.
              Exam: 1305
              List: 1XXX
              APD-5: Submitted 3/6/12
              Medical: ?

Comment

Originally posted by psk135 View Post
                can you still take the test if you dont live in rockland county? i live 5 minutes outside of rockland county.
                Yes, but you won't get hired.

Comment

Originally posted by SectorCharlie View Post
                  Anybody have to re-take the Physical Agility test back in December 2011 to remain eligible? I took it and went in for a FOIL the other day and they have yet to update the lists. Only about 85 people showed up and I heard 240 received letters to retake the agility test.
                  I didn't show up. Left NYPD for department in Weschester.

Comment

There were one or two departments that did a resignation/reinstatement but you needed a crane to have that done. I know two officers specifically who did that that were officers in Orange County and were given laterals to Rockland. It can only be done within adjoining counties if remember correctly, but again, unless your Gromack's kid, it isn't going to happen. You must be a resident and score a 95 or better on the test to get hired in most places in Rockland.

Comment

They will let you take the test and then not hire you? They don't give you an opportunity to move there?
                      Exam: 1305
                      List: 1XXX
                      APD-5: Submitted 3/6/12
                      Medical: ?

Comment

If you read their hiring policies, some state that they will but I don't know anyone who got in without being a resident. I only know one or two that did who were related to policitians.

Comment

You need a 95 or a 100 to work in Rockland. My local department probably won't even hire off of this list (2008 exam) and neither will the Sheriff's Department. I was in the top 10, but removed myself from the list by not appearing for the physical. I am content where I am.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7485 users online. 366 members and 7119 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                          X