Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Hi guys, you guys know us here are either psych dq or psych review. I have started this thread so we can help each other pass info OK. First of all on my personal opinion if your on psych review for the most part (not all the times) if your on review your going to get a latter soon like 3 months after your psych interview that you have been DQ ok. It happen to me and allot of us lately got the latter and we are on process of appealing it. am exam 8329 and list 5** for July class.Let's help each other out start out as why got dq, what exam are you and what your planes are doing about this dq.
    Last edited by nycapomts; 02-25-2012, 12:10 AM.
    Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

I don't want to sound mean or anything but why does every one of your posts (this and posts in other threads) have so many typos and the wrong words used?
    From one APO to another, I really wish you the best of luck on the process and success on the appeal.
    You should talk to Vista on the other thread as he/she seems to have a good idea on how to reverse a decision of a DQ, although it seems like it requires a lawyer, time and money.
    Good luck
    10-09 0308 XXX
    Time Flies Quick
    On This Job

Comment

NYPD likes to DQ people for any little thing you tell the pysch doctor be cause you have a bunch of people who want be come cops now because of the higher pay and job security and is one of the few good jobs hiring right now. If only i had my credits and age when it was $26,000 i would have still join, i do it for the love of LE in the NYPD and plus this what i always wanted you got people that can't get jobs in their career field and just to get a job get on the NYPD making it hard for us that really want this job and because the large amount of people applying to the pd they have to look for any little thing to justify a DQ so we need to fight back.
      Last edited by nycapomts; 02-24-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Sorry brother am free writing on my (smart touch screen phone) that's why, you hit one latter and it type a other i hate touch screen sorry bro for the spelling. And thanks for the luck i am going to need, i also keep a good chat with Vista so am fully inform by him. Thank you.
        Last edited by nycapomts; 02-25-2012, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Also appealing my DQ...waiting on my records to be sent from Nypd to my psych...
          Exam: 1315
          APD5: submitted

Comment

There seems to be an awful lot of applicants labeled as Looney Tunes by NYPD psych's. What's up with that?
            Last edited by SGT. Joe Friday; 02-26-2012, 11:55 AM.
            13O2 Aug '10
            List: <1000

Comment

Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
              There seems to be an awful lot of applicants labeled as Looney Tunes by NYPD psych's. What's up with that?
              Unfortunately, that seems to be a growing trend. I'm sure there's a variety of reasons. Everyone's case is different so it varies. The psych evaluation is the step of the process that weeds the most people out. If you give the psych even the slightest reason to fail you, they will, it's their job.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for keep the thread live, also for the guy that gave his opinions about spelling and grammar that cool he can say that because he wont make it he only books smart.

Bout yeah get down to business what psych doctor are you using Ny Sport, because i have a meeting with Dr. Daley on Tuesday, that the psych doctor am planing on using, since i cant afford the one that my boy Vista told me about. I am try save more and more money to get that guy that Vista told me about because he a lawyer.

Comment

I want ask a question to does that know the answer to it, does anybody know anybody that was DQ by NYPD psych services and got OTJ by a other department ? if anybody knows please Shay some light for us on in this hard process.
                  Last edited by nycapomts; 02-26-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

appealing it is not worth it in my opinion it takes around 3-5k give or take and it takes a good year or two sometimes even more. in my honest opinion taking another exam is your best bet. just because you were DQ your first time around it does not mean you will be DQ again even though they will look more into you. you must also wait a min of 3 yrs after your DQ to even be eligible to be cleared of a psych disqualification which is around the same time one has to wait anyway. you must also have have a stable full time job and no problem at all what so ever with the law at the time of your psych evaluation. Source; a friend of mine was disqualified and gathered all this information, he spoke to a psych doctor among other qualified personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
                      appealing it is not worth it in my opinion it takes around 3-5k give or take and it takes a good year or two sometimes even more. in my honest opinion taking another exam is your best bet. just because you were DQ your first time around it does not mean you will be DQ again even though they will look more into you. you must also wait a min of 3 yrs after your DQ to even be eligible to be cleared of a psych disqualification which is around the same time one has to wait anyway. you must also have have a stable full time job and no problem at all what so ever with the law at the time of your psych evaluation. Source; a friend of mine was disqualified and gathered all this information, he spoke to a psych doctor among other qualified personnel.
                      Thank you, I appreciate the info bout i can let NYPD Psych Services DQ me and not do anything about it when they DQ me more for a character issue then a psych issue , if anything my investigater should have dq me and she told me that in her end i was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                        Hi guys thanks for keep the thread live, also for the guy that gave his opinions about spelling and grammar that cool he can say that because he wont make it he only books smart.

Bout yeah get down to business what psych doctor are you using Ny Sport, because i have a meeting with Dr. Daley on Tuesday, that the psych doctor am planing on using, since i cant afford the one that my boy Vista told me about. I am try save more and more money to get that guy that Vista told me about because he a lawyer.
                        Im using doctor daley as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
                          Your partially right and partially wrong. Appealing a DQ is a very difficult obstacle to overcome and you have a MUCH better chance to simply start all over again.
                          The part that your wrong on which is what I thought up until recently as well, you don't have to wait 3 years for your psych to expire. Technically, you could take the psych exam over again in a month if you have a back up exam that is going through processing. You will obviously fail though. Failing a psych exam from one exam is a completely separate situation from another exam. In reality that's not really the case because they will review your previous psych records. It's imperative that you do allow a certain amount of time to pass in between the time that you failed a psych and then attempted to re-process off of another exam. I would think at the very least 2 years but 3 years or longer would be better.

Comment

If you fail a psych exam with NYPD, what is the likelihood of being hired with another department? Will it make it that much harder?
                            13O2 Aug '10
                            List: <1000

Comment

• Vista
                              Vista commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It depends on how selective the agency your applying to can afford to be. Nassau ,Suffolk, westchester It defintiely effects it. NYSP could care less. It recently caused a great deal of friction for me during a screening for another agency. The fact that i was able to say my DQ was rescinded, i feel went a long long way. In fact, even know my Psych DQ was rescinded, voided and nullified i still disclosed it as a DQ. When all was said and done, my Investigator wrote that I candidly disclosed it to him- and that i essentially wrongfully reported it as a DQ when it was a nullity. The Agency Psychologist called me and asked me if i had any official documentation to back up my claim that my DQ was rescinded- so yeah definitely weighed in. Had i not appealed; i firmly believe i would have been dead in the water this time around.

Agencies like suffolk typically wont touch a nypd psych dq candidate..... i read a case where suffolk said a candidate did not appeal a nypd psych dq and that was analogous with the candidate agreeing with it.

If your truly intent on this field its important to clear your record. Let’s not be naive, a psychological dq from nypd will never ever look good to any agency you apply to. It’s one strike against you before your even in the door.

Now- The other positive thing about an Appeal is that your afforded your only chance to Inspect your record and gain insiteful information. You will know what concerns need be addressed for the future- you get to understand what your pitfalls are that way you can show you learned from them. Even more importantly, you will have the opportunity to Introduce into record a document addressing these issues and quite possibly correcting any misinformation that may exist.

****; my Psych DQ even came up and evoked concern during my pistol permit renewal.
                              Last edited by Vista; 06-06-2018, 08:26 AM.

• far1993
                              far1993 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Vista, what makes you say NYSP could care less? I’m currently in the appeals process and going up to Albany for NYSP processing soon, and I’ve been extremely nervous about getting processed while still appealing the nypd nopd.
                              Last edited by far1993; 02-27-2019, 12:17 PM.

For anyone else thats appealing it, did you ever received a letter from the "Civil Service Commission" stating if you would like to withdraw your application from the NYPD and you will not have a psych DQ on your record, just a withdrawal of application ?
                            NYPD 8329 / XXXX
                            Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX
                            Medical: | Written Psych: | Oral: | JST: | BI: | Mini Med:

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
                            Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

• Vista
                              Vista commented
                              Editing a comment
                              All Proposed / DQ Cases are offered the chance to withdraw. While a Withdrawal will not TECHNICALLY be considered a Psych DQ; when your being investigated for other agencies you will be asked about all agencies you processed for and your status. You will say you withdrew and they will ask why you withdrew. Regardless of your answer, they will eventually request ans recieve your complete records and see everything- including your Psych file with the proposed dq report s- along with the withdrawal letter that you recieved and signed. They do not explain this to candidates- as offering to Withdraw is merely a way to save the NYPD Time and Money.

Are you in the midst of appeal?
                              Last edited by Vista; 06-06-2018, 08:23 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6206 users online. 224 members and 5982 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X