Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Hi guys, you guys know us here are either psych dq or psych review. I have started this thread so we can help each other pass info OK. First of all on my personal opinion if your on psych review for the most part (not all the times) if your on review your going to get a latter soon like 3 months after your psych interview that you have been DQ ok. It happen to me and allot of us lately got the latter and we are on process of appealing it. am exam 8329 and list 5** for July class.Let's help each other out start out as why got dq, what exam are you and what your planes are doing about this dq.
    Last edited by nycapomts; 02-25-2012, 12:10 AM.

• rb1152013
    commented on 's reply
    Still waiting since November 2018 lol. Everyone is gonna be different

• nybluuline
    replied
    Anyone that recently appealed - how long from the time your psych mailed in your appeal did it take to hear back from the nypd?

Leave a comment:

• rb1152013
    commented on 's reply
    It’s not bad. Sure it’s ideal to have only one psych and pass it. If the second psych goes well (in their eyes) then your friend should be fine

• rb1152013
    commented on 's reply
    If they’re still inviting you back to redo your JST and mini medical then that’s a good sign. Once they stop bringing you back in to retake those things when necessary , that’s when things will likely turn into a notice of proposed disqualification

• Zorro
    replied
    Quick question for a friend

Is a 2nd Psych interview a good or bad sign?

Positive - not a DQ..................but clearly concerned!

Candidate has been through all the rest of the process and has just been notified ?
    Last edited by Zorro; 07-16-2019, 12:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gbrlgrr
    replied
    Hello Everyone,
    My List # is 5XXX, I wanted to ask a question and see if anyone maybe new the direction of where this could go.

I had my primary oral psych interview Sept 2018; I was told by the psychologist that she needed documents. Which I went to the locations to make sure they faxed over what was needed. When I checked with APD for OCT 2018 academy I was told I was on psych review.

I went for my second interview Jan 2019, a few days later the psychologist asked for documents which I went to the location for the documents to be faxed over. A month later the psychologist emails me stating she never received them. I went back to the location and made sure they gave me a fax sent receipt.

I checked with APD April 2019 and they said I was still on PSYCH REVIEW. During this process my JST and Mini Medical have been expiring but they always continue to schedule me to have them up to date for the following academy. I did the JST in April 2019 for the third time ( I’ve passed all 3 times ) and I have my mini medical appointment sched for Aug 2019 for the fifth time ( I’ve passed all 4 times).

I email my investigator to see how my case is going but he never responds back. The last time I had communication with him was regarding getting re-fingerprinted and the money order in Feb 2019. I have not reached out to the psychologist since that last email regarding the paper work being sent over in March 2019. I have officially been on psych review since Sept 2018. Is there a possibility that I may still be able to be cleared or is this possibly being prolonged to a DQ ? Any information will be helpful, Thank you

Leave a comment:

• nybluuline
    commented on 's reply
    You need to hire your own psych and lawyer to fight your case. Move fast Bc as you said you only have 30 days

• erey503
    replied
    Need some assistance just received the NOPD email. What are my next steps or rather recommended steps. There’s no way I want to withdraw or either take the disqualification and move on. I know it’s already been mentioned on previous post but based off the email I received I seems like I have only 30 days before the decision is final. I definitely want to get this reversed as I feel like I shouldn’t have been DQ’ed (as most people feel).

Also so I took the Suffolk County PD exam not to long ago and was wondering if this NOPD will have any effect on that exam. I’ve heard something about it but not too entirely sure.

Again if anyone has some help I’d greatly appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• acirema1234
    replied
    Hey guys, I need some help here and have questions

I took exam 4324, went through the process, until I got to my psych interview. I got the notice of proposal of disqualification, probably due to some social anxiety meds I took (at the time) 2 years ago. I signed the paper to remove my name from the exam list and never looked back. That was like 2 years ago.

I figured I give it another shot and called dcas to put my name back, however they said I need to take a whole new exam. I heard the exams now arent open all the time, so I figure it would take less time to wait.

1) if I take the new exam, will I have to wait 3-4 years again to be called to start the process? or did they speed things up now? How long do I have to wait now if I take the new exam this coming month? Because I am thinking of pursuing a career as a commercial pilot now, so I am worried I will be too much into my career by the time they call.

2) since my social anxiety meds were last taken 4 years ago, do you think I still have a chance? I never been prescribed or touched social anxeity meds anymore. I own a delicatessen in nyc, and honestly dont think I have social anxiety, I guess it was just a phase in life. Even my doctor said all teenagers have some sort of anxiety. I meet up to 100 different customers per day in my deli,

3) since I signed that paper, does it mean I was officially disqualified, or I just voluntarily withdrew? would it make a difference either way?

4) if I go thorugh the process again, how do you think I should answer the psyh question regarding the medicine history? I heard 4 years is the limit for any prescriptions, is this correct?

Leave a comment:

• OfficerDotCom
    replied
    Be civil or be banned. This forum doesn’t exist for personal bickering.

Leave a comment:

• xknuckles
    commented on 's reply
    I took mine in 2017, next exam is this fall 19. The cause happened in 2014. Might be too soon

• MrBigHead
    commented on 's reply
    I took my P.O. exam in 2007 and never appealed the psych dq. Took the exam again in 2013, in the academy now.
    I’m not sure if there is a definitive time frame. It’s generally believed the more time removed from whatever was the cause of your dq the better.

• xknuckles
    commented on 's reply
    did you retake the nypd exam? im considering taking it again. Is there time frame you have to wait before taking it again?

• xknuckles
    commented on 's reply
    Sheerin was such a ****ty lawyer. He did nothing for me but put his name on my documents

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6165 users online. 216 members and 5949 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X