Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Hi guys, you guys know us here are either psych dq or psych review. I have started this thread so we can help each other pass info OK. First of all on my personal opinion if your on psych review for the most part (not all the times) if your on review your going to get a latter soon like 3 months after your psych interview that you have been DQ ok. It happen to me and allot of us lately got the latter and we are on process of appealing it. am exam 8329 and list 5** for July class.Let's help each other out start out as why got dq, what exam are you and what your planes are doing about this dq.
    Last edited by nycapomts; 02-25-2012, 12:10 AM.

• Mario180
    replied
    Well... I just received my NoPD email (sigh). So I'm going to appeal; I'll go with Dr.Lerner, I've seen his name used in this thread alot. My question is - is a attorney NEEDED also or will a well written appeal letter suffice.

Some Background---> I'm pretty much an average joe; I feel like the reason my psych DQ'D me is because of "memory issues" The only thing the Doc grilled me on was not remembering when my last semester of college was (It was 2017 May I said 2016 December on my written psych) and every detail of a fight in HS.

Edit: I've Read 15+ pages of this forum and no one has answered this
    Edit 2: Found an answer going ALL the way back to 2015 plus helpful DMs
    Last edited by Mario180; Yesterday, 05:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wa1rior
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTurtle View Post

‘The attorney I went to said if you receive an interview shorter than an hour it’s pretty good indicator if they want to dq you or dig more. I had a short 20-30 minute interview and he immediately said that’s bad, most go over an hour long. But I got in an early one where they had some time after the written to squeeze a couple of orals in. so I’m not a 100% on that.
    Well i will find out in around 4 to 6 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTurtle
    replied
    Originally posted by NYC_C View Post
    Whats going on guys i received an email from the psych dept saying my records were sent to the doc i chose. May

sound like a stupid question but is that normal?

I thought they send the records straight to the doc without notifying you. Thank you in advance
    Well I assume they might have to notify you since after all you authorized it, it’s your information after all you are releasing to a stranger who needs your consent. It’s probably a hippa law.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTurtle
    replied
    Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post

40 to 45 min is not short i wish i had that in my first interview . I was with my for 20 to 25 min that short and i got a second interview that was 20 to 25 min and still got a NOPD. All you can do now is wait and hope for the best. Good luck.
    ‘The attorney I went to said if you receive an interview shorter than an hour it’s pretty good indicator if they want to dq you or dig more. I had a short 20-30 minute interview and he immediately said that’s bad, most go over an hour long. But I got in an early one where they had some time after the written to squeeze a couple of orals in. so I’m not a 100% on that.

Leave a comment:

• NYC_C
    replied
    Whats going on guys i received an email from the psych dept saying my records were sent to the doc i chose. May

sound like a stupid question but is that normal?

I thought they send the records straight to the doc without notifying you. Thank you in advance

Leave a comment:

• xknuckles
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I do believe that is the next step. My lawyer told me we will respond. The CSC already has my appeal package. It was harsh due to the nature of my case, I was accused of a DV but never convicted nor did I ever commit such crime. Case was dismissed.

• rb1152013
    commented on 's reply
    Did you ever hire a psychologist to submit his appeal or did you just try to do it with only a lawyer?

• kharennn
    commented on 's reply
    Vista

Hello!*

I saw you handling a few technical questions on different threads, and was wondering if you could help me out.*

I completed everything (JST/mini-med/oral/written) for April's 2019 Academy class, however after my oral interview the psychologist placed me on psych review. No additional records were asked for. Other than a few annoyances from high school, and a drink once every 3-6 months or so (really i hate drinking), I'm clean with a BA, stability, long term relationships/friendships. Two questions for you -*

1) what are the chances of me getting cleared + getting into April's Academy?
    2) can I request a 2nd interview? maybe start the process and get a lawyer now?

• MrBigHead
    commented on 's reply
    Were you granted another interview after your appeal was submitted? What was nypd response that was harsh? At this point you can appeal to the csc. I appealed a background dq. It was sent to the csc then reversed by pd

• rb1152013
    commented on 's reply
    I paid 3500 between a lawyer and psychologist

• NinjaTurtle
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your help, I ended up going to Kevin P. Sheerin in mineola, he gave me a straight honest answer and said they wouldn't take me because I had a learning disability when I was 4. Nothing I could do or say would get me passed that, he could argue all he wanted in regards to my psychological and my background history. But he said they are pretty picky on who they take these days and that my appeal wouldn't get me very far.

So I elected not to continue with this nightmares any more and pursue other interests, maybe continue my ems career.

Best of luck to everyone.

• xknuckles
    commented on 's reply
    My appeal. This is after my NOPD & DQ. Nypd gave their statement to CCSC on why I should not be hired.

• Wa1rior
    replied
    They wanted to speak to me again because they requested some schools and medical records but we never went over them lol. It was the same **** how are you, how is school, how is work. I will find in around 4 weeks why they want to DQ me appeal is not cheap around 5k lol.

Leave a comment:

• kharennn
    commented on 's reply
    I've heard people having hour + long interviews, thats why I thought mine was pretty short but not compared to 20-25. Wow. Do you mind if I ask why they DQd even after the second interview?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6217 users online. 219 members and 5998 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X