Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike_s1234
    commented on 's reply
    Yes he accepted a promotion and went to another agency. As far as representation at CSC, they will send the supervisor that signed off on the original DQ or the supervisor who writes the final recommendation to CSC when someone appeals to them.

• Vista
    commented on 's reply
    Just wait it out man. Thats all you can do!

• Vista
    commented on 's reply
    It’s best to learn how to speak english.

• lk2018
    replied
    In Psych review for Cadets, no paperwork needed, i thought the interview went fine. I’m hoping for the best, but also preparing myself for the worst. If i fail, guess my dreams of law enforcement are over? Funny thing is, i have a clean record, never even got a ticket, always had great mental health, and always managed to graduate with honors. Would they even tell me the reason behind being put on review?
    Last edited by lk2018; 11-29-2019, 09:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mandony
    commented on 's reply
    Robert Daley

• Vista
    commented on 's reply
    Who did you use for the appeal?

• Mandony
    commented on 's reply
    Vista. Thanks a lot. He proposed to DQ me. I appealed with a private psych doctor and I haven’t heard back yet from NYPD. I’m really hoping for another interview. And please let me know.

• Vista
    commented on 's reply
    I could find out. The good news is that if he DQ’d you, and you appealed- that chances are that you will very likely get a second interview. Reason being is that if your appeal went in front of Civil Service; the NYPD would he hardpressed to defend its position absent the testimony of Dr. Martin

• Mandony
    replied
    Hello guys. Pardon me if this was mentioned earlier but there are a lot of pages didn’t check.
    I have an information that psych Dr. chase martin resigned from the department recently. Do you guys have any info on this? If it’s true or not?! This dude proposed to DQ 9 out of 10 people I know (me included).

Leave a comment:

• Ylondono84
    replied
    Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
    If I take this newest exam.. .

How long until they start to process me for the first step?

Is it still like 3 years? Or did they speed things up now and cut it back to a year or something.
    It depends how high you score. The list for your exam will be established next year. I scored an 89.3 without receiving the 5 extra points for being a resident and it took me about a year from when the list was established in February 2018 to get contacted by the processing unit to start my APD and medical clearance. You have to be patient.

Leave a comment:

• hwguy1314
    replied
    If I take this newest exam.. .

How long until they start to process me for the first step?

Is it still like 3 years? Or did they speed things up now and cut it back to a year or something.

Leave a comment:

• Vista
    commented on 's reply
    They may or may not tell you anything. Your file sits there on the shelf collecting dust (“review”) for whatever reason. How long it takes depends on the reason. Could weeks, months, longer. What kinda stuff did they ask for

• vanarman
    replied
    Hi guys,

I just called CAD and asked about my investigation. They said it was “pending psychological review.” My oral psych was in early September and the psychologist requested some documents, which were all sent. He gave me a two week deadline for all the documents to get there. My questions are: If the documents didn’t all get there in time, would they tell me and for how long would that delay things? If they did get there in time, any idea how long the review process will take?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Broski_88
    commented on 's reply
    I’m on appeal process as well. My rebuttal was sent in July. Still haven’t heard anything from NYPD. I’m I’m hired Mr. Sheerin.

• Vista
    commented on 's reply
    To add to this, if you had your Psych before you saw your investigator- they certainly may still bring you in especially if the Psych Concerns are something that can be corroborated (either favorable or unfavorably) from the candidates background data.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8493 users online. 470 members and 8023 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X