NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LionHeart87
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

Ok so about 2 weeks ago, my psychologist emailed me stating that upon a supervisor reviewing my file, more documents were needed, my HS transcripts and a half filled out HIPPA form, as of now im still on psych review and as of last Thursday im complete in all my process after redoing my JST. Can someone shine some light on this for me? Thanks

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Alls you can do is cooperate.
  • LionHeart87
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

Vista I confirmed that all the requested documents were received. I guess at this point its a waiting game, I hope I get into this October class, from what im hearing it’s supposed to be close to 800 recruits

Comment

• MrBigHead
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2012

Does the NYPD still send a physical copy of the NOPD? I never received a copy but lucky enough I happened to check me email while I was on vacation and saw it.
      I decided to appeal. After speaking with my lawyer and having a initial consultation with my own psych, I feel a lot better about my chances. Of course this is contingent upon what my psych folder states. Learned some interesting things about the process.

Comment

• Freddy3319
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2015

Does any one know how long do you have to wait after your lawyer sends the file to nypd?

Comment

• LEO9
          LEO9 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's going to take some time, I appealed mine in February of this year and i'm still waiting. I have a friend of mine who appealed his 6 months before I did and is also still waiting. Just don't think about it and move on until you hear something back.

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you received a NOPD, it states on the form that the NYPD will send the file to your appeal psychologist within 60 days. After that the ball is in your court and that back and fourth can continue over a period of time. The overall process can take about 6 - 8 months based on what my lawyer and appeal psychologist told me and they certainly know their stuff.

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          For those that appealed, did you get another interview with the psych? Or are you waiting on a decision since you sent your file back to NYPD?
      • LEO9
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

Since it's an NOPD and not an NOD, are you obligated to disclose that information with another police agency if they ask have you ever been disqualified? Technically if you receive an NOPD you're not disqualified until you receive the NOD...?

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          One way or another you will have to disclose it. They are gonna see your file anyway

• LEO9
          LEO9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista so should I just wait until they say something? I mean I’ve mentioned it to them. I’m already waiting for a call to see if I’m in or not.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Is this a hypothetical question or are you processing for a different agency, as well?

• LEO9
          LEO9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista I sent you a message
      • LukeSW
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by LEO9
        Since it's an NOPD and not an NOD, are you obligated to disclose that information with another police agency if they ask have you ever been disqualified? Technically if you receive an NOPD you're not disqualified until you receive the NOD...?
        Just make sure the word "No" is used when asked if you are disqualifed.

Comment

• Oldspice17
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2017

Just got a call to schedule a follow up oral psych. Can someone briefly tell me what to expect. I’ve already had to disclose two documents back in may during my initial oral psych. I don’t really know what could be said. I’ve said it all.
          NYPD Police Officer Exam 7323-1033
          Taken: 01/13/2017
          List number: 5xxx
          Cas 5: December 2017

Initial medical: 1/19/2018 (passed)
          BI Interview: 02/23/2018 (?)
          Social Media Check: 02/23/2018 (passed)
          Written Pysch: 05/10/2018
          Oral Psych: 05/24/2018
          JST: 06/25/2018 (cancelled rescheduled)
          JST: 07/16/2018

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Means your on the fence. They have concerns they want to clarify. Good luck.
        • LionHeart87
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2018

Hey question for those who were on review and made it into a academy class. How long were you guys on review for and how long till they gave you the green light?

Comment

• DeLaRosa29
            Forum Member
            • May 2018

Originally posted by MrBigHead
            Does the NYPD still send a physical copy of the NOPD? I never received a copy but lucky enough I happened to check me email while I was on vacation and saw it.
            I decided to appeal. After speaking with my lawyer and having a initial consultation with my own psych, I feel a lot better about my chances. Of course this is contingent upon what my psych folder states. Learned some interesting things about the process.
            Who did you reach out to?

Comment

• MrBigHead
              MrBigHead commented
              Editing a comment
              I retained Rob Kronenberg and Mark Lerner. Kronenberg handled my background appeal so I had a sense of familiarity with him.

• DeLaRosa29
              DeLaRosa29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you private message me please
          • Alpha525
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2017

Good Afternoon All, I went to my oral psychology appointment Wednesday 7/18 and was told to submit additional paperwork. I emailed my psychologist with all the paperwork and information requested the following week on Monday 7/23. I also sent a follow up email asking if the requested information was received. I received no response or confirmation to either of these emails.
            With the October academy approaching I called to check the status of my investigation and was told that my psych was discontinued because the psychologist never received my paperwork. What is my next course of action to resume my investigation?

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Any paperwork I got for my psychologist had to be faxed over directly from the source it's required from. Are you sure you were allowed to email your particular documents yourself?

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Your going to need to have your case reopened. You may have to personally go down and do it. I always reccomend sending the paperwork; in addition to fax or email- by certified mail.
          • CCCSD
            Shadowman
            • Jul 2014

Contact APD.

Comment

• ARG1982
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2015

I know this not related to NYPD. However, I was directed here by someone else to ask my questions. I had my psych exam for Manhattan DA special officer last week. I think it was for the work gun permit. I take medication for OCD and ADHD. I have NEVER been arrested or involuntarily hospitaled as a danger (or for any reason). How will this be looked at?

Comment

• Vista
                Vista commented
                Editing a comment
                ADHD is a protected disability under ADA, however they may try and use it to form an adverse decision. Your recourse would be to appeal- is that a civil service title?

• ARG1982
                ARG1982 commented
                Editing a comment
                It has already been like two weeks since my gun permit psych for the Manhatten DA special officer. Do all of the officers carry guns?
            • ARG1982
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2015

Yes it is civil service.

Comment

• Vista
                Vista commented
                Editing a comment
                You would be afforded the opportunity to appeal as well.

• CCCSD
                CCCSD commented
                Editing a comment
                Just because it’s ADA, doesn’t mean they have to accept it.

• ARG1982
                ARG1982 commented
                Editing a comment
                Does every officer have to carry gun at the Manhatten District Attorney? I think someone told me only some do.
            • FERNAND001
              Forum member
              • Dec 2017

So i called CAD and asked how my psych is going (it's been 9 months now since my oral psych) and they told me the psych does not find me suitable for the position (preliminary decision), but a final decision has yet to be made.

i guess we can know the preliminary decisions now.

Comment

• A.Rem
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2018

Hello everyone, my status was psych discontinue, I contacted APD to see if my psych doctor received my documents and they informed me that my psych doctor made a determination that I am not qualified for the job, now a supervisor must review it. Does that mean he received my documents? I contacted my investigator but he has not responded to me. Any Advice? Any chance for to still be considered?

Comment

• 1337feetc
                  1337feetc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is highly unlikely that a decision will be changed by a psych supervisor that will review your case and make a final determination but anything is possible.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19034 users online. 30 members and 19004 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...