NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fisherman99
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2016

Just wondering if anyone is in the midst of an appeal or has any updates. Feel free to pm.

Comment

• WeOwnTheNight
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2016

Has anyone on review heard anything or got approved for the April class

Comment

• LukeSW
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2014

Just giving everyone a heads up:

Every time a candidate successfully appeals a Psychological DQ, usually the psychologist gets fired or is persuaded to quit. There is currently 8 positions available as of 16 days ago unsurprisingly:

https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?keyword=285249

(Type in Job ID 285249)

Before the Director of the Psychological Department was forced to quit (AKA fired) on January 2017, she hired this psychologist in particular:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/...t-guilty-plea/

I would say so far if you receive any sort of psychological DQ before the NYPD suspended the exams for a good reason, spend the money on a lawyer (around $2,000) and you'll currently have a very good chance of winning.

I can't speak on medical or investigator DQs, those are cut and dry and they're administered by people with actual credibility.
        Last edited by LukeSW; 04-23-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Nypd16
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by LukeSW

Every time a candidate successfully appeals a Psychological DQ, usually the psychologist gets fired or is persuaded to quit. Don't believe me? Well there is currently 8 positions available as of 16 days ago:

Before the Director of the Psychological Department was forced to quit (AKA fired) on January 2017, she hired this
          Just curious, any idea why they got rid of the head of the psych unit. Think her name was Archibald?

Comment

• LukeSW
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nypd16

Just curious, any idea why they got rid of the head of the psych unit. Think her name was Archibald?
            Yes Archibald, I couldn't think of her name.

Stress, that's why she left.
            Last edited by LukeSW; 04-09-2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• AML3319
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2016

As i read this comment of Archibald . Because of her who took the final decision i got DQ once in 2010. As i have a copy of final decison psych department took in 2010 i saw her name . I am now going thru psych appeal process due to that they used my 2010 disqualification to DQ now. I just hope i have a winning case this time now that she is gone.

Comment

• LukeSW
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by AML3319
                As i read this comment of Archibald . Because of her who took the final decision i got DQ once in 2010. As i have a copy of final decison psych department took in 2010 i saw her name . I am now going thru psych appeal process due to that they used my 2010 disqualification to DQ now. I just hope i have a winning case this time now that she is gone.
                As well as 8 current APD Psychologists putting their 2 weeks notice in...

Comment

• Fisherman99
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2016

LukeSW, i was wondering where you heard that each sucessful appeal leads to your psychologist losing their job. I'm in the process of appealing, and I've heard some conflicting information from reputable sources. Shoot me a pm.

Comment

• AML3319
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2016

Fisherman99 i was thinking the same cause i am also going thru appeal processing. But this people are taking long to make a decision.

Comment

• Nypd16
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2017

As well as 8 current APD Psychologists putting their 2 weeks notice in...
                      im not shocked that job actually sucks. Long hours, they ask you to make a judgment on a person within an hour, and the reports are long to write if done correctly which many aren't. I'm betting most of these psychologists have major debt to get their masters so the pay isn't even that great to counteract that.

Comment

• MosNY
                        World Famous
                        • Jan 2012

Can anyone you guys that was on Pysch Review and then got cleared up elaborate? Did you any of you have to fill this out?
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Last edited by MosNY; 04-10-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• MosNY
                          World Famous
                          • Jan 2012

Every time a candidate successfully appeals a Psychological DQ, usually the psychologist gets fired or is persuaded to quit. There is currently 8 positions available as of 16 days ago unsurprisingly:

Before the Director of the Psychological Department was forced to quit (AKA fired) on January 2017, she hired this psychologist in particular:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/...t-guilty-plea/

I would say so far if you receive any sort of psychological DQ before the NYPD suspended the exams for a good reason, spend the money on a lawyer (around $2,000) and you'll currently have a very good chance of winning.

I can't speak on medical or investigator DQs, those are cut and dry and they're administered by people with actual credibility.
                          Holy crap now that I think about it, my friend got a letter asking for a re- oral interview from a new pych and was told the first one that put him on review/DQ has resigned lol. Kind of makes sense now, he got a letter at his mini med that looks like the photo I just posted. Hopefully that means he won!

Comment

• Risenorseman
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2017

I was on psych review, got my documents for my psychologist and met with him today where we went over everything and told me my oral psych is completed. I have no idea what that means for the academy April 12th and if they need to do more but from what the doc told me I completed review.

Comment

• MosNY
                              World Famous
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MosNY
                              Can anyone you guys that was on Pysch Review and then got cleared up elaborate? Did you any of you have to fill this out?
                              Anyone?

Comment

• Ted Williams
                                Forum Member
                                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by MosNY

Anyone?
                                That means you're off review.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19420 users online. 56 members and 19364 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...