Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by staten718 View Post
    i hope what about to say shed some light for those who want this job as bad as me a quick background about I did nypd process 2011 and failed pysch never appeal it in the 2013 I did the process again and failed and got a call from a lt did not appeal it fast forwarding this is my third time doing this process and I finally was passed so let no body tell u any different keep trying and show the department how bad u want this job...Just want to thank this forum for all the insight and been following comment for as long as I can remember ...
    What if i did appeal but did not win. Can i still retest and do the process again?

I was psych DQ from DOC and am currently in the process of appeal.

Comment

• This is a question to everyone, how long after a psych interview could they dq you? Can it be over six months that you get the letter in the mail? I'm still on review and it's been since May 19. I heard from someone that I know that if they wanted to dq you, I would've got the letter after the third month? Is this true?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatCoward View Post
        How does a thread manage to last for three years?

My magical crystal balls...

wait a minute'z or threes....

How did iz' get in da' New yark threAdy thinGy????

YIKES!!!!

Redcoats!!!

as in ....

Yankees..!!!!

Originally posted by mookster
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        Originally posted by CityCopDC
        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

• It's always amazing that people who get DQ'd come here and are instantly believed to be perfect candidates by members...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by OnrasR View Post
            What if i did appeal but did not win. Can i still retest and do the process again?

Yea you can ever exam you take they will exam but if you was DQ for any reason they look at The file and question you but if you see if they asking a question and relax they focusing on one point on the interview you get like an idea why you failed and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by smooth_operator View Post
              Anyone experience a mean psychologist?, if so is it a trick to see if you would bug out or start crying?

Its a technique to try and stress you
              Problems with a psych exam?
              Have an upcoming
              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
              you make up your mind.
              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by OnrasR View Post

You can and should always retest
                Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
                  This is a question to everyone, how long after a psych interview could they dq you? Can it be over six months that you get the letter in the mail? I'm still on review and it's been since May 19. I heard from someone that I know that if they wanted to dq you, I would've got the letter after the third month? Is this true?
                  It can take a LONG time. DQ's go through many layers of review before they are decided.
                  Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    It's always amazing that people who get DQ'd come here and are instantly believed to be perfect candidates by members...
                    Ill be the first too admit that I am not perfect and, as much as I was disappointed by the NYPD's decision- that I do understand their stance.
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Hi everyone, just have a quick question - if you get DQ'd, do they send you a letter explaining the reasons for your disqualification or is it a general letter just staying your disqualified?

Comment

• Originally posted by LL1309 View Post
                        Hi everyone, just have a quick question - if you get DQ'd, do they send you a letter explaining the reasons for your disqualification or is it a general letter just staying your disqualified?
                        It'll specify the type of DQ thats it though. Background or Psych. Nothing in detail.

Comment

• no you would never know the reason for dq as far as pych u have to appeal where they send your file to the outside source that going due your evaluation

Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
                          It'll specify the type of DQ thats it though. Background or Psych. Nothing in detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by staten718 View Post
                            no you would never know the reason for dq as far as pych u have to appeal where they send your file to the outside source that going due your evaluation
                            Read what i said again. Nothing in detail.

Comment

• Great thanks for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by LL1309 View Post
                                Hi everyone, just have a quick question - if you get DQ'd, do they send you a letter explaining the reasons for your disqualification or is it a general letter just staying your disqualified?
                                If its a Psych DQ, you get a proposed dq notice. Its a generic " form letter". The only time you can review their detailed report and reasoning is, through an appeal. Even at that point, your appeal psychologist can explain the NYPD's record it to you and go over it with you, but due to medical record laws- i dont believe he or she can not give you a copy as the records are not his property. (he can give it to your attorney, and your attorney can give them
                                to you). It's probably better that you review it with a reputable psychologist, as they can give you a professional psychological opinion.

If its a character DQ, you get a quasi-specific proposed dq with a pretty vague checklist filled out. Once again, only way to get a detailed report and review the departments record is to appeal.
                                Last edited by Vista; 10-03-2015, 10:08 AM.
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10499 users online. 519 members and 9980 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X