Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rmcm1995 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong with this but I feel like I've been getting bad advice from people I know saying Just be honest, and open as possible. Surely seems like the fastest way to get DQ'ed
    You need to look at NYPD hiring from a different perspective. Only ten percent of those taking the written exam will actually be hired. Average processing time runs approx. three years from date of written exam to actual appointment. NYPD does have access to lots of information about you partly because you signed a written release that allow them to do so. They gather the background data from sources and determine the accuracy of negative information. Then they will make a determination according to their hiring and retention guidelines.

    Comment


    • Hm..I just called the Candidate Relations desk today because I've done everything so far except my JST and Mini Medical and the officer said I was put on Psych Review and to talk to them. Kind of surprised since I've never had any driving tickets, done any drugs, been arrested, etc. so I wonder what it is. I've tried calling twice but received the voicemail both times. My oral test was back in April and I haven't received anything since then to tell me I was put on review. Kind of ridiculous I had to call to find out.

      Anyways, through my brief reading it seems like I'm basically screwed at this point?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
        Hm..I just called the Candidate Relations desk today because I've done everything so far except my JST and Mini Medical and the officer said I was put on Psych Review and to talk to them. Kind of surprised since I've never had any driving tickets, done any drugs, been arrested, etc. so I wonder what it is. I've tried calling twice but received the voicemail both times. My oral test was back in April and I haven't received anything since then to tell me I was put on review. Kind of ridiculous I had to call to find out.

        Anyways, through my brief reading it seems like I'm basically screwed at this point?
        stop calling. They will not call back. If they answer they WILL NOT tell you anything other than your on review.


        Your not necessarily screwed, just need to let it take its course. You may he reinstated, second interview, DQ (in which you can consider an appeal)- it can go many ways.

        But calling psych services is pointless. They will not tell you anything.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


        If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



        Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

        Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
          You need to look at NYPD hiring from a different perspective. Only ten percent of those taking the written exam will actually be hired. Average processing time runs approx. three years from date of written exam to actual appointment. NYPD does have access to lots of information about you partly because you signed a written release that allow them to do so. They gather the background data from sources and determine the accuracy of negative information. Then they will make a determination according to their hiring and retention guidelines.

          They have access to alot, but if you dig deep enough- you should know enough about your self to figure out whats verifiable.

          Being naive and gullable, and admitting stuff that never could have been verified- like childhood fights, random mischief- that time you had a fist fight in a park and no one got in trouble....
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


          If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



          Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

          Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Vista View Post
            stop calling. They will not call back. If they answer they WILL NOT tell you anything other than your on review.


            Your not necessarily screwed, just need to let it take its course. You may he reinstated, second interview, DQ (in which you can consider an appeal)- it can go many ways.

            But calling psych services is pointless. They will not tell you anything.
            Wonder why the officer said to call them. Guess he doesn't really know.

            Thanks for the insight. I'm assuming the time frame is on an person to person basis, but I might as well ask if you know a general time frame for this part? You seem knowledgable on the subject.

            Thank you.

            Comment


            • Vista sent you a PM, would appreciate if you get a chance to respond

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
                Wonder why the officer said to call them. Guess he doesn't really know.

                Thanks for the insight. I'm assuming the time frame is on an person to person basis, but I might as well ask if you know a general time frame for this part? You seem knowledgable on the subject.

                Thank you.
                So you stop calling him lol
                Problems with a psych exam?
                Have an upcoming
                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.
                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                Comment


                • Vista I sent you PM would like to have your input.

                  Comment


                  • [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Two questions i have been asked a lot lately, is how much do appeals cost, and why a lawyer is necessary during an appeal. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
                    [/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]First, a lawyer is not MANDATORY but they are recommended. Even the civil service commission, who has no interest in you as a candidate recommends candidates retain an attorney as "appeals often involve complex matters of law". Psychological appeals do require the use of an objective and unbiased independent psychological evaluation but these appeal psychological reports can NOT contain subjective arguments, or legal arguments that an attorneys legal brief would include, which may could be critical in obtaining a positive appeal outcome. Also, NYPD will be represented by both a psychologist and attorney- affording them the ability to make both Objective Psychological arguments and subjective legal arguments against you. Depriving yourself of the same level of representation may cause years of regret. [/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
                    [/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]The other question, is price. It's natural to want to "shop around", but deciding to use any professional service based solely on price isn't a great idea. Their are appeal professionals who charge flat fee's of $800-$900, interview you quick and write a quick report. Putting it into perspective- the standard hourly rates for these professions being $300-$400 an hour, thats 2-3 hours of work. Anyone who has done a well written quality college (never mind doctorate level) research paper knows that you cant get much work done in that time. Interview a candidate, read a hundred pages of nypd documentation, write a detailed report in two or three hours- not happening. You have ONE CHANCE at succeeding at an appeal. The amount of time and detail that goes in to an appeal directly correlates with both your chances of success, as well as cost. While realistically cost is a major factor for anyone- you do get what you pay for. [/COLOR]
                    Problems with a psych exam?
                    Have an upcoming
                    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                    If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.
                    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                    Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                    Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Vista View Post
                      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Two questions i have been asked a lot lately, is how much do appeals cost, and why a lawyer is necessary during an appeal. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
                      [/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]First, a lawyer is not MANDATORY but they are recommended. Even the civil service commission, who has no interest in you as a candidate recommends candidates retain an attorney as "appeals often involve complex matters of law". Psychological appeals do require the use of an objective and unbiased independent psychological evaluation but these appeal psychological reports can NOT contain subjective arguments, or legal arguments that an attorneys legal brief would include, which may could be critical in obtaining a positive appeal outcome. Also, NYPD will be represented by both a psychologist and attorney- affording them the ability to make both Objective Psychological arguments and subjective legal arguments against you. Depriving yourself of the same level of representation may cause years of regret. [/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
                      [/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]The other question, is price. It's natural to want to "shop around", but deciding to use any professional service based solely on price isn't a great idea. Their are appeal professionals who charge flat fee's of $800-$900, interview you quick and write a quick report. Putting it into perspective- the standard hourly rates for these professions being $300-$400 an hour, thats 2-3 hours of work. Anyone who has done a well written quality college (never mind doctorate level) research paper knows that you cant get much work done in that time. Interview a candidate, read a hundred pages of nypd documentation, write a detailed report in two or three hours- not happening. You have ONE CHANCE at succeeding at an appeal. The amount of time and detail that goes in to an appeal directly correlates with both your chances of success, as well as cost. While realistically cost is a major factor for anyone- you do get what you pay for. [/COLOR]


                      100 pages of written material based on a short psychological candidate interview ???? Not even Sigmund Freud would write that much!!

                      Comment


                      • i hope what about to say shed some light for those who want this job as bad as me a quick background about I did nypd process 2011 and failed pysch never appeal it in the 2013 I did the process again and failed and got a call from a lt did not appeal it fast forwarding this is my third time doing this process and I finally was passed so let no body tell u any different keep trying and show the department how bad u want this job...Just want to thank this forum for all the insight and been following comment for as long as I can remember ...
                        1302 got email 9/29/15

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by staten718 View Post
                          i hope what about to say shed some light for those who want this job as bad as me a quick background about I did nypd process 2011 and failed pysch never appeal it in the 2013 I did the process again and failed and got a call from a lt did not appeal it fast forwarding this is my third time doing this process and I finally was passed so let no body tell u any different keep trying and show the department how bad u want this job...Just want to thank this forum for all the insight and been following comment for as long as I can remember ...
                          That just shows don't give up, they eventually got to hire you.
                          currently employed by The State of NY

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post


                            100 pages of written material based on a short psychological candidate interview ???? Not even Sigmund Freud would write that much!!

                            With all the reports, hand written notes, , official report, scales / interpretations from the written batterys i believe mine was about 85 single sided pieces of pAper.
                            Problems with a psych exam?
                            Have an upcoming
                            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                            If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                            you make up your mind.
                            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                            Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                            Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by staten718 View Post
                              i hope what about to say shed some light for those who want this job as bad as me a quick background about I did nypd process 2011 and failed pysch never appeal it in the 2013 I did the process again and failed and got a call from a lt did not appeal it fast forwarding this is my third time doing this process and I finally was passed so let no body tell u any different keep trying and show the department how bad u want this job...Just want to thank this forum for all the insight and been following comment for as long as I can remember ...

                              Congrats
                              Problems with a psych exam?
                              Have an upcoming
                              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                              If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                              you make up your mind.
                              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                              Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                              Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                              Comment


                              • Anyone experience a mean psychologist?, if so is it a trick to see if you would bug out or start crying?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6620 users online. 222 members and 6398 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X