Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
    A second oral is not the worst thing. It means their "on the fence". When is his second interview? It may benefit him to check out www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com

you retired in 03?
    Yeah retired in 03

Comment

• Perhaps someone can give me some insight... I also went through a proposed psych disqualification a few years back but appealed it immediately. However, I ended up dropping the appeal because I could not afford the prices some doctors/facilities were charging me in exchange of being able to apply again - which I did. How bad does will something like this affect me going through this process once again? Does this count as a full psych disqualification?

Comment

• Originally posted by rpolanc621 View Post
        Perhaps someone can give me some insight... I also went through a proposed psych disqualification a few years back but appealed it immediately. However, I ended up dropping the appeal because I could not afford the prices some doctors/facilities were charging me in exchange of being able to apply again - which I did. How bad does will something like this affect me going through this process once again? Does this count as a full psych disqualification?
        If the decision was not reversed, it normally become and official disqualification. If you got disqualified before you have a higher chance of them disqualifying you again. However, when they do, simply appeal it and Hopefully you will pass through. I was DQ for cadet in 2011, then because of that they gave me a proposal DQ for traffic in 2014 but I fought it and I was able to reverse the Decision. Also, and about two months ago I took my psych for PD and they Dr could placed me on review for 4 weeks and then cleared me. Don't lose hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpolanc621 View Post
          Perhaps someone can give me some insight... I also went through a proposed psych disqualification a few years back but appealed it immediately. However, I ended up dropping the appeal because I could not afford the prices some doctors/facilities were charging me in exchange of being able to apply again - which I did. How bad does will something like this affect me going through this process once again? Does this count as a full psych disqualification?
          Yes. The psych disqualification remains in your previous character background investigative file. The APD will NOT process you any further if you retest and will move to again disqualify you. Seek out employment with other agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by AhmedAlmelaiki View Post
            If the decision was not reversed, it normally become and official disqualification. If you got disqualified before you have a higher chance of them disqualifying you again. However, when they do, simply appeal it and Hopefully you will pass through. I was DQ for cadet in 2011, then because of that they gave me a proposal DQ for traffic in 2014 but I fought it and I was able to reverse the Decision. Also, and about two months ago I took my psych for PD and they Dr could placed me on review for 4 weeks and then cleared me. Don't lose hope.

You appealed the psych disqualification and had it overturned.Rpolan621 did not go through with the appeal and the psych disqualification on him with NYPD stands indefinitely.

Comment

• Just called psychs a im still on review. I learned from the PO that there are there tiers that you go through when under review. And I'm on double RR.

Comment

• What are the tiers? What does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So. I'm exam 2326 and I was on background review. And finally they sent me a proposal letter of disqualification or to resign from the position. It wasn't a permanent thing. They said if I want to appeal I could
                  Send them all documents. The reasons ( arrest that happened In 2006. Was dismissed and didn't even see a judge, credit debt, that I already paid and domestic violence bc I my ex wife took me family court and accused me of thing I haven't done and it was dismissed as will) any advise. I already wrote them the letter they asked for and sent all documents. All help is appreciated, I WAS NEVER CONVICTED WITH ANYTHING

Comment

• Originally posted by Mkessba View Post
                    So. I'm exam 2326 and I was on background review. And finally they sent me a proposal letter of disqualification or to resign from the position. It wasn't a permanent thing. They said if I want to appeal I could
                    Send them all documents. The reasons ( arrest that happened In 2006. Was dismissed and didn't even see a judge, credit debt, that I already paid and domestic violence bc I my ex wife took me family court and accused me of thing I haven't done and it was dismissed as will) any advise. I already wrote them the letter they asked for and sent all documents. All help is appreciated, I WAS NEVER CONVICTED WITH ANYTHING

Background disqualifications are nearly impossible to overturn. You don't have to be convicted of any offense to be disqualified and removed from the list of eligibles. Previous negative employment can disqualify also. With literally thousands of candidates to chose from NYPD can afford to be selective. What they see is an arrest in 2006 and a DV matter that occurred in your past. Time for you to move on and apply to other agencies, Mkessba. Atlanta PD (Georgia) is hiring and actively recruiting up here in New York City. Here are the details:

ATLANTA POLICE DEPARTMENT NOW RECRUITING IN NY/NJ AREA!!! POLICE OFFICER INTERVIEWS & TESTING WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 18, 2015 & SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2015 10AM SHARP!!! Interviews and testing will begin promptly at 8:00 am. Be prepared to be at this location for at least six (6) hours. Business attire required. All applicants must interview before testing. LOCATION Hilton Garden Inn Midtown/Park Avenue 45 East 33rd street New York NY 10016 P: 646-681-4755 F: 646-429-8965 Contact the Recruitment Unit at 404-546-7650 for further information.

Comment

• Anyone in this thread appeal and wound up going to the commission? If so can you please pm me. I have an asap question if you can. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by boconnor View Post
                        Anyone in this thread appeal and wound up going to the commission? If so can you please pm me. I have an asap question if you can. Thanks in advance

May be able to answer it- email me mcb11384@gmail.com
                        Problems with a psych exam?
                        Have an upcoming
                        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.
                        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Mkessba View Post
                          So. I'm exam 2326 and I was on background review. And finally they sent me a proposal letter of disqualification or to resign from the position. It wasn't a permanent thing. They said if I want to appeal I could
                          rob@rkronenberglaw.com
                          Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                          you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Background disqualifications are nearly impossible to overturn. You don't have to be convicted of any offense to be disqualified and removed from the list of eligibles. Previous negative employment can disqualify also. With literally thousands of candidates to chose from NYPD can afford to be selective. What they see is an arrest in 2006 and a DV matter that occurred in your past. Time for you to move on and apply to other agencies, Mkessba. Atlanta PD (Georgia) is hiring and actively recruiting up here in New York City. Here are the details:

ATLANTA POLICE DEPARTMENT NOW RECRUITING IN NY/NJ AREA!!! POLICE OFFICER INTERVIEWS & TESTING WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 18, 2015 & SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2015 10AM SHARP!!! Interviews and testing will begin promptly at 8:00 am. Be prepared to be at this location for at least six (6) hours. Business attire required. All applicants must interview before testing. LOCATION Hilton Garden Inn Midtown/Park Avenue 45 East 33rd street New York NY 10016 P: 646-681-4755 F: 646-429-8965 Contact the Recruitment Unit at 404-546-7650 for further information.
                            Very true. Their legally complex as well.
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Maybe I'm wrong with this but I feel like I've been getting bad advice from people I know saying Just be honest, and open as possible. Surely seems like the fastest way to get DQ'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by rmcm1995 View Post
                                Maybe I'm wrong with this but I feel like I've been getting bad advice from people I know saying Just be honest, and open as possible. Surely seems like the fastest way to get DQ'ed
                                The NYPD has a real crystal ball.

Perhaps this is better addressed in a private forum.
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7735 users online. 234 members and 7501 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X