Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
    I believe he actualy got hired
    No! Ray Kelly would NOT have hired him. If he was hired; you would have seen it on "The Rant" big time.

I read he was working in the trades as a laborer.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
      Yup I know! It's a very isolated incidient because I was in my cousins car in a parking lot with the keys in the ignition. I really didn't have any intention to drive the car but lesson learned I fessed up to the psychologist showed him my responsibilities and what I have learned from it. So, its really up to them if they want to give me a second interview or to dq me.

Reminds me of a co-worker who had an argument with his (ex)wife, got drunk and went into his vehicle on a municipal street. Had the engine running but drove nowhere. NYSP approached his vehicle, woke him up. He then started to argue with the troopers and consequently they arrested him for DWI. Very miserable, cynical individual wearing a blue uniform.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Reminds me of a co-worker who had an argument with his (ex)wife, got drunk and went into his vehicle on a municipal street. Had the engine running but drove nowhere. NYSP approached his vehicle, woke him up. He then started to argue with the troopers and consequently they arrested him for DWI. Very miserable, cynical individual wearing a blue uniform.
        once heard a story of a guy, who decided to ride his bike to 7-11 instead of driving his car drunk. He got a DWI on his bicycle.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

once heard a story of a guy, who decided to ride his bike to 7-11 instead of driving his car drunk. He got a DWI on his bicycle.
          WHAT?!!!!!! You serious? A bicycle is not a motor vehicle? That's very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Oh wow that sucks for him. I didn't argue with the cops I was very formal with them but let's see how my case will play out.

Comment

Yes, bicycles are subject to the provisions of the VTL. Heck, I even read of a drunk motorist driving a golf cart on route 22 many years ago. That was a DWI collar by NYSP.

Comment

Oh wow that sucks for him. I didn't argue with the cops I was very formal with them but let's see how my case will play out.

Yup, it does suck for him...received a 30 day suspension w/o pay from the department for it. DA's office permitted him to plead down to a traffic infraction.

Comment

WHAT?!!!!!! You serious? A bicycle is not a motor vehicle? That's very interesting.
                  Oh yeah- and the D.A. Was gonna beat him up over it, he had a prior like 6 year's before.

He changed lawyers, and $10k later i think they ended up knocking it down to something really minor.
                  Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.

Comment

Oh yeah- and the D.A. Was gonna beat him up over it, he had a prior like 6 year's before.

He changed lawyers, and $10k later i think they ended up knocking it down to something really minor.
                    Wow very interesting. He went through a lot!!!!

Comment

• I've been on psych review since my late March Oral Psych interview. Apparently it started out as a 1X review, and they needed an arrest report. They got it in June. It has since moved to "2X" but not a fail, just that a supervisor has my case and a decision should be made "soon". Does anyone have a situation similar to this or any advice to give me? I don't have a good feeling about it.

Some other background info: my exam is 3310, and I was scheduled for Mini Med for July but obviously 3309 was the cutoff. Now at scheduling they're saying I can't schedule mini med until my investigator gets his supervisor to give the OK. My investigator says they wont schedule me while I'm on psych review but he said that for July also and I got the mini med anyway. Scheduling says he's wrong and you always complete all of the steps no matter what because psych can make their decision at any moment.

Don't know what to do. I can schedule my JST right now, but don't see the point of going if I can't also get a mini med scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
                        I've been on psych review since my late March Oral Psych interview. Apparently it started out as a 1X review, and they needed an arrest report. They got it in June. It has since moved to "2X" but not a fail, just that a supervisor has my case and a decision should be made "soon". Does anyone have a situation similar to this or any advice to give me? I don't have a good feeling about it.

Some other background info: my exam is 3310, and I was scheduled for Mini Med for July but obviously 3309 was the cutoff. Now at scheduling they're saying I can't schedule mini med until my investigator gets his supervisor to give the OK. My investigator says they wont schedule me while I'm on psych review but he said that for July also and I got the mini med anyway. Scheduling says he's wrong and you always complete all of the steps no matter what because psych can make their decision at any moment.

Don't know what to do. I can schedule my JST right now, but don't see the point of going if I can't also get a mini med scheduled.
                        I'm in the same situation as you. I got collared and I'm on review ever since May 19. I called psych and they said my case is with a supervisor. So now, time is against me! But what you can do is schedule your JST and get it over with because psych can on the last minute, pass you. I did both my JST and mini med in July but I am on a older exam, 2302. Try to see if they can schedule you for your mini med too so you can knock it out and have psych for last because anything can happen at the last minute. I know it sucks !

Comment

• Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
                          I've been on psych review since my late March Oral Psych interview. Apparently it started out as a 1X review, and they needed an arrest report. They got it in June. It has since moved to "2X" but not a fail, just that a supervisor has my case and a decision should be made "soon". Does anyone have a situation similar to this or any advice to give me? I don't have a good feeling about it.

schedule it just in case thr psych supervisor clears you. If your cleared two weeks before a class goes in and you cant get a jst your gonna be angry.

Your investigator- wrong. It happens frequently.

You plan on appealing if dq?
                          Last edited by Vista; 08-21-2015, 06:06 AM.
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• I got called for a 2nd oral interview? What should I expect and any advice? Goodluck to all once again

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Prospects View Post
                              I got called for a 2nd oral interview? What should I expect and any advice? Goodluck to all once again
                              Thats good. It mean's their "on the fence" and not sure what they want to do with you. Expect them to ask you more in depth, targeted questions addressing their concerns. Is this a post-appeal second interview?

Theirs a good list of do's and dont's on www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com

it may benefit you to sit down with those guys- they can go over your history with you, and provide situationally specific advice on how to handle any particular questioms that may arise and how to clearly and concisely articulate your answers.
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Thanks a mill bro and no its not an appeal interview. I had my oral psych in April and then I got a call for a second interview two days ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9855 users online. 479 members and 9376 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X