Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
    I'm on the same boat as you but I have a arrest but it's been since May that I haven't heard anything but anything is possible. A friend of mine who I work with in a city agency told me that her friend was on psych review with the same arrest but got cleared after six months! And was in that upcoming academy !
    You see, it took 6 months for them to clear her. That's insane. At least she made it so that's great news.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
      For DWI/DWAI it got pled down to a ticket, a violation. I would assume that's the reason why I'm on review. I still haven't received anything from NYPD about the NOPDQ.

      DWAI is basically a traffic infraction that warrants a 90 day DL suspension by DMV. county DAs generally allow a first time DWI arrest to plea bargain down to DWAI if no accidents or injuries are involved.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

        DWAI is basically a traffic infraction that warrants a 90 day DL suspension by DMV. county DAs generally allow a first time DWI arrest to plea bargain down to DWAI if no accidents or injuries are involved.

        NYPD does not care about the final disposition.

        From a character standpoint,
        On their "Drivers History Worksheet" (nypd has its own rating / point system) a DWI and DWAI is the same. One within the passed 5 years, or two ever is considered "unsuitable for employment".

        Just because another person gets through means nothing for others. Goose may get through, the gander may get screwed. Also need to remember when these people got hired- sometime in 2013, Commisioner Wexler completely restructured the hiring process and got very strict with thing. Guys were getting held up for late credit card payments.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


        If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



        Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

        Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

          DWAI is basically a traffic infraction that warrants a 90 day DL suspension by DMV. county DAs generally allow a first time DWI arrest to plea bargain down to DWAI if no accidents or injuries are involved.
          With the case for me is, my license was never suspended.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
            With the case for me is, my license was never suspended.
            What did you plea down to; if you don't mind me asking? excessive speed? Failed to obey traffic device? In any event you lucked out with the DA's Office.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Vista View Post
              NYPD does not care about the final disposition.

              From a character standpoint,
              On their "Drivers History Worksheet" (nypd has its own rating / point system) a DWI and DWAI is the same. One within the passed 5 years, or two ever is considered "unsuitable for employment".

              Just because another person gets through means nothing for others. Goose may get through, the gander may get screwed. Also need to remember when these people got hired- sometime in 2013, Commisioner Wexler completely restructured the hiring process and got very strict with thing. Guys were getting held up for late credit card payments.

              You are correct, Vista. NYPD looks at negative conduct "as a whole" irregardless of a "plead bargained down" final disposition. A case in point was a former U.S. Army veteran who served in Afghanistan seeking a position with NYPD. When he was 20 years old, he was arrested and convicted of CPW 3rd (possession of a loaded unlicensed handgun outside the home) in which he plead guilty to. Consequently, he served eight months [sentenced to a "county year" with 1/3 off for good behavior] on Rikers Island. Then after; he enlisted in the U.S. Army by obtaining a waiver for his felony conviction and was shipped overseas. This young man had a distinguished record with the military and sort a police officer position with NYPD. His felony conviction ABSOLUTELY barred him from appointment. Subsequently, he had many people in high places on his side and they convinced (FORMER) Gov. Patterson to grant him a PARDON which effectively expunged the felony conviction.

              In NYPD eyes, it didn't matter that the man had a distinguished service record with the Army or that his felony conviction for CPW was expunged. NYPD reasoned that the Governor's Pardon was NOT granted on the basis of actual innocence to the crime but nevertheless (he) did, in fact, commit a serious crime in which he plead guilty to and thus he is NOT eligible for appointment to NYPD according to their hiring standards.


              http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.189479
              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 08-04-2015, 06:24 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                What did you plea down to; if you don't mind me asking? excessive speed? Failed to obey traffic device? In any event you lucked out with the DA's Office.

                The plea bargaining was pled down to idling, which is a administrative code violation. AC24-163 I believe.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
                  The plea bargaining was pled down to idling, which is a administrative code violation. AC24-163 I believe.
                  Very interesting indeed--from DWI (BAC unknown) down to "idling".

                  Comment


                  • Damn. Not judging here but someone knew someone in the DA office!

                    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                      Very interesting indeed--from DWI (BAC unknown) down to "idling".
                      It was below the limit.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
                        It was below the limit.
                        Still you should NOT have been drinking (alcohol) and driving. Scandinavian countries have a zero tolerance for drinking and driving. penalty is permanent revocation of driving privileges.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                          Still you should NOT have been drinking (alcohol) and driving. Scandinavian countries have a zero tolerance for drinking and driving. penalty is permanent revocation of driving privileges.

                          Yup I know! It's a very isolated incidient because I was in my cousins car in a parking lot with the keys in the ignition. I really didn't have any intention to drive the car but lesson learned I fessed up to the psychologist showed him my responsibilities and what I have learned from it. So, its really up to them if they want to give me a second interview or to dq me.

                          Comment


                          • What's the average wait time for when your on psych review? I mean to hear whether or not your dqed or called in for a second interview.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

                              You are correct, Vista. NYPD looks at negative conduct "as a whole" irregardless of a "plead bargained down" final disposition. A case in point was a former U.S. Army veteran who served in Afghanistan seeking a position with NYPD. When he was 20 years old, he was arrested and convicted of CPW 3rd (possession of a loaded unlicensed handgun outside the home) in which he plead guilty to. Consequently, he served eight months [sentenced to a "county year" with 1/3 off for good behavior] on Rikers Island. Then after; he enlisted in the U.S. Army by obtaining a waiver for his felony conviction and was shipped overseas. This young man had a distinguished record with the military and sort a police officer position with NYPD. His felony conviction ABSOLUTELY barred him from appointment. Subsequently, he had many people in high places on his side and they convinced (FORMER) Gov. Patterson to grant him a PARDON which effectively expunged the felony conviction.

                              In NYPD eyes, it didn't matter that the man had a distinguished service record with the Army or that his felony conviction for CPW was expunged. NYPD reasoned that the Governor's Pardon was NOT granted on the basis of actual innocence to the crime but nevertheless (he) did, in fact, commit a serious crime in which he plead guilty to and thus he is NOT eligible for appointment to NYPD according to their hiring standards.


                              http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.189479

                              I believe he actualy got hired
                              Problems with a psych exam?
                              Have an upcoming
                              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                              If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                              you make up your mind.
                              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                              Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                              Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by joetarro View Post
                                What's the average wait time for when your on psych review? I mean to hear whether or not your dqed or called in for a second interview.

                                theairs no rhyme, reason or consistency. Often, it involves many people including outside dept consultants looking at the file.
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                                If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                                Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                                Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6745 users online. 319 members and 6426 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X