Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been on psych review since my late March Oral Psych interview. Apparently it started out as a 1X review, and they needed an arrest report. They got it in June. It has since moved to "2X" but not a fail, just that a supervisor has my case and a decision should be made "soon". Does anyone have a situation similar to this or any advice to give me? I don't have a good feeling about it.

Some other background info: my exam is 3310, and I was scheduled for Mini Med for July but obviously 3309 was the cutoff. Now at scheduling they're saying I can't schedule mini med until my investigator gets his supervisor to give the OK. My investigator says they wont schedule me while I'm on psych review but he said that for July also and I got the mini med anyway. Scheduling says he's wrong and you always complete all of the steps no matter what because psych can make their decision at any moment.

Don't know what to do. I can schedule my JST right now, but don't see the point of going if I can't also get a mini med scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
      I've been on psych review since my late March Oral Psych interview. Apparently it started out as a 1X review, and they needed an arrest report. They got it in June. It has since moved to "2X" but not a fail, just that a supervisor has my case and a decision should be made "soon". Does anyone have a situation similar to this or any advice to give me? I don't have a good feeling about it.

Some other background info: my exam is 3310, and I was scheduled for Mini Med for July but obviously 3309 was the cutoff. Now at scheduling they're saying I can't schedule mini med until my investigator gets his supervisor to give the OK. My investigator says they wont schedule me while I'm on psych review but he said that for July also and I got the mini med anyway. Scheduling says he's wrong and you always complete all of the steps no matter what because psych can make their decision at any moment.

Don't know what to do. I can schedule my JST right now, but don't see the point of going if I can't also get a mini med scheduled.
      I'm in the same situation as you. I got collared and I'm on review ever since May 19. I called psych and they said my case is with a supervisor. So now, time is against me! But what you can do is schedule your JST and get it over with because psych can on the last minute, pass you. I did both my JST and mini med in July but I am on a older exam, 2302. Try to see if they can schedule you for your mini med too so you can knock it out and have psych for last because anything can happen at the last minute. I know it sucks !

Comment

• Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
        I've been on psych review since my late March Oral Psych interview. Apparently it started out as a 1X review, and they needed an arrest report. They got it in June. It has since moved to "2X" but not a fail, just that a supervisor has my case and a decision should be made "soon". Does anyone have a situation similar to this or any advice to give me? I don't have a good feeling about it.

schedule it just in case thr psych supervisor clears you. If your cleared two weeks before a class goes in and you cant get a jst your gonna be angry.

Your investigator- wrong. It happens frequently.

You plan on appealing if dq?
        Last edited by Vista; 08-21-2015, 06:06 AM.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• I got called for a 2nd oral interview? What should I expect and any advice? Goodluck to all once again

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Prospects View Post
            I got called for a 2nd oral interview? What should I expect and any advice? Goodluck to all once again
            Thats good. It mean's their "on the fence" and not sure what they want to do with you. Expect them to ask you more in depth, targeted questions addressing their concerns. Is this a post-appeal second interview?

Theirs a good list of do's and dont's on www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com

it may benefit you to sit down with those guys- they can go over your history with you, and provide situationally specific advice on how to handle any particular questioms that may arise and how to clearly and concisely articulate your answers.
            Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.

Comment

• Thanks a mill bro and no its not an appeal interview. I had my oral psych in April and then I got a call for a second interview two days ago.

Comment

• Well as of today, I'm still on psych review (double R). Whatever that means ? Vista would you know anything about it or anyone else? What this double R means?

Comment

• Did you at least get called for a second interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Prospects View Post
                    Did you at least get called for a second interview?
                    No

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
                      Well as of today, I'm still on psych review (double R). Whatever that means ? Vista would you know anything about it or anyone else? What this double R means?
                      Could mean your on psych review and investigative review.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon434 View Post
                        Could mean your on psych review and investigative review.
                        You could be on investigative review while being on psych review? That I didn't know

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
                          You could be on investigative review while being on psych review? That I didn't know

Yes but RR likely means a different level of review, within psych services it self.

Often their are multiple levels of supervisory review, as well as outside consultants involved.
                          Last edited by Vista; 08-29-2015, 02:10 PM.
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Check your spam folders, some have been getting notices of proposed disqualifications via email.

And as far as being held up after an appeal- multiple candidates who won their appeals, were called for this passed class and are currently in tve academy.
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• If I can just bud in real quick, what number are you guys calling to get this info as far as "1x" and "RR" status? Im on the same 3310 exam as the gentleman above, and have been on review since late march as well. The only difference being I was rushed through and completed everything up until the mini-med, which is when I was placed on review.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_perez View Post
                                If I can just bud in real quick, what number are you guys calling to get this info as far as "1x" and "RR" status? Im on the same 3310 exam as the gentleman above, and have been on review since late march as well. The only difference being I was rushed through and completed everything up until the mini-med, which is when I was placed on review.
                                Just wait it out and see.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7458 users online. 433 members and 7025 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X