Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was DQ for character
    EXAM # 1320
    LIST # 15**
    EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• Was just told I was put on psych review. Called a few numbers and they told me they can't tell me as to why.

I have a clean background, no arrests, no drugs, nothing. Investigator told me to just check your email for the jst date. Been waiting since may. Is this a good sign or bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by joetarro View Post
        Was just told I was put on psych review. Called a few numbers and they told me they can't tell me as to why.

I have a clean background, no arrests, no drugs, nothing. Investigator told me to just check your email for the jst date. Been waiting since may. Is this a good sign or bad.
        On review in most cases ends up with a DQ. They put your case on review and later DQ the person. They put on review as of July 16th and now I'm still waiting the end result.

Comment

• Originally posted by AhmedAlmelaiki View Post
          On review in most cases ends up with a DQ. They put your case on review and later DQ the person. They put on review as of July 16th and now I'm still waiting the end result.

Which I understand. I mean its not like this is the only department I'm relying on. I'm also going for LAPD and other agencies in NY.

The one thing I don't understand is that I have a clean background, spoke to the psych lady perfectly, and they kept telling me I'll be scheduled for my jst date. Just don't understand why I'd be put on review.

Comment

Which I understand. I mean its not like this is the only department I'm relying on. I'm also going for LAPD and other agencies in NY.

The one thing I don't understand is that I have a clean background, spoke to the psych lady perfectly, and they kept telling me I'll be scheduled for my jst date. Just don't understand why I'd be put on review.
            Maybe they found inconsistency in your answers or your past history and they want to look a little more into your case before making a decision. I hope it turns out good for you. PM so we can stay in touch since we in the same boat. By the way I'm starting the NYC correction academy Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by AhmedAlmelaiki View Post
              Maybe they found inconsistency in your answers or your past history and they want to look a little more into your case before making a decision. I hope it turns out good for you. PM so we can stay in touch since we in the same boat. By the way I'm starting the NYC correction academy Thursday.
              Ya def we'll keep in touch Cuz the more I think about it the more upset I get. And congrats on starting the corrections academy.

Comment

• I too am on psych review. Clean background like everyone else. I was drilled on two questions and I think that's what put me on review. All I'm doing is being patient and
                counting down. I took my oral psych in April. No news is good news, from what I understand most DQ's are done within a 3 month time frame. Goodluck to all!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Prospects View Post
                  I too am on psych review. Clean background like everyone else. I was drilled on two questions and I think that's what put me on review. All I'm doing is being patient and
                  counting down. I took my oral psych in April. No news is good news, from what I understand most DQ's are done within a 3 month time frame. Goodluck to all!!!!
                  I hope so but a friend of mine relieved his DQ after about 9 months. Everything is possible. I just hope eveytjhb gets turn out great for all of us.

Comment

try applying for Maricopa County, AZ

Comment

It could have been a multitude of things. Perhaps something that came out on the written, or something you said that you believed was innocuous that was percieved differently.

Many candidates get jammed up because what they say is not percieved by the interviewer in the same premise and context that candidates intended to convey. Also, many candidates get hung up by trying to portray a sense of perfection- by fibbing or lieing, decieving, polishing them selves up. This can be a problem, especially since the Psych Batteries have built in "Lie Detectors" that are proven pretty accurate. Never try to convey a sense of perfection, their actually looking for normalcy. No one is perfect- people who look perfect, are lieing.

Down the line (it takes a good while), you may be called back down for a second interview to address any issues that may concern them- but this is not common. More commonly, you will recieve a notice of proposed disqualification allowing you to initiate an appeal, review your psychological record (with your designated psychologist) and submit that outside experts rebuttal asserting your fitness for the position. I strongly reccomend you initiate this process; AT LEAST up until the point where you get the chance to go over the agencies report and see where you stand. This is helpful even if you decide not to proceed with an appeal, since it gives you a chance to see what other agencies may see if they recieve your records on future applications for law/fire/ems/sanitation positions. Also lets you know what you may need to work on in the future to minimize any concerns.

Many people appeal Psych DQ's, a pretty good amount win and get hired. I personally know of a few who have appealed with a few different agencies, including NYPD and got hired (actually, the lawyer i used was once DQ'd, appealed, got hired and became one of the youngest captains in the NYPD before retiring to into law).

A (now retired) NYPD Assistant Chief once told me "Never Withdraw" and to appeal. But keep in mind, NOT ALL Psych DQ's are actually wrongful- even know you may think that your's is, it's often hard to introspectively judge your self especially when you dont understand what their actually looking for and hold a biased opinion towards your self.

If you want more info, shoot me an email- i prefer them over messages through o.com since they are easier too answer. [email protected]
                      Last edited by Vista; 08-04-2015, 07:14 AM.
                      Problems with a psych exam?
                      Have an upcoming
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.
                      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Ya def we'll keep in touch Cuz the more I think about it the more upset I get. And congrats on starting the corrections academy.
                        Ehh, just keep saying it is what it is- and it's out of your hand's. It sucks, i know.
                        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.

Comment

I too am on psych review. Clean background like everyone else. I was drilled on two questions and I think that's what put me on review. All I'm doing is being patient and
                          Ya. That's what I heard to. Most dqs are done within the 3 month period. And I haven't heard anything as of yet so I'm staying hopeful.

Comment

I'm on the same boat as you but I have a arrest but it's been since May that I haven't heard anything but anything is possible. A friend of mine who I work with in a city agency told me that her friend was on psych review with the same arrest but got cleared after six months! And was in that upcoming academy !

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
                              I'm on the same boat as you but I have a arrest but it's been since May that I haven't heard anything but anything is possible. A friend of mine who I work with in a city agency told me that her friend was on psych review with the same arrest but got cleared after six months! And was in that upcoming academy !

What for?
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                                What for?
                                For DWI/DWAI it got pled down to a ticket, a violation. I would assume that's the reason why I'm on review. I still haven't received anything from NYPD about the NOPDQ.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10123 users online. 483 members and 9640 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X