Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

It pretty much sounds that way towards disqualification and decertification (removal) off the list.
    Yup! I don't know maybe they might consider a second interview, though that very rare even before a appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
      Yup! I don't know maybe they might consider a second interview, though that very rare even before a appeal.
      Good luck and remember there are other LE agencies out there if NYPD don't pan out.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
        Good luck and remember there are other LE agencies out there if NYPD don't pan out.
        Thanks CCC! Appreciate it! Is it possible that a second interview may arise before I get that dq letter? (If I do get it)?

Comment

• If you get a second interview, that's a good sign. That means they are considering you for hire and want to bring you back to make it final but if they don't like you during the second interview expect a DQ letter soon. However, if it's a second interview you in. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
            Thanks CCC! Appreciate it! Is it possible that a second interview may arise before I get that dq letter? (If I do get it)?
            It happens enough that i wouldnt say its rare, and if it does- it basically means your "on the fence". Typically, you will see a different psychologist than the one who initlially interviewed you (usually a supervisor).
            Problems with a psych exam?
            Have an upcoming
            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.
            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
              It happens enough that i wouldnt say its rare, and if it does- it basically means your "on the fence". Typically, you will see a different psychologist than the one who initlially interviewed you (usually a supervisor).
              Thanks for you input I hope it comes down to what you were saying I guess their in a limbo about me.

Comment

• Hey guys I just received my final DQ letter on the mail, i already hired a lawyer to appeal it to the CSC how long is the process I was DQ for character(background)
                EXAM # 1320
                LIST # 15**
                EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dominicano View Post
                  Hey guys I just received my final DQ letter on the mail, i already hired a lawyer to appeal it to the CSC how long is the process I was DQ for character(background)
                  Character disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn. NY Courts have consistently upheld the right of LE agencies to set criteria for appointment as these are sensitive positions requiring fitness of the highest caliber.

Even if the NYC CSC does restore your name to the certified list of eligibles there is no guarantee that you will be appointed. The CSC can not force the NYPD to hire you off the list; the attorney you hired should've explained this concept to you.
                  Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 08-02-2015, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Well I understand nothing is guaranteed but the only fight we don't win is the one we don't fight, I have extremely faith on my Appeal for the simple fact that I know I was wrongfully disqualified. And also I know the real reason why I got DQ and the NYPD doesn't not have it on paper the reason
                    EXAM # 1320
                    LIST # 15**
                    EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

Well I understand nothing is guaranteed but the only fight we don't win is the one we don't fight, I have extremely faith on my Appeal for the simple fact that I know I was wrongfully disqualified. And also I know the real reason why I got DQ and the NYPD doesn't not have it on paper the reason
                      If you feel you are the victim of unlawful discrimination (age,sex,race, disability or sexual preference) you have the right to file a complaint with the NYS Division of Human Rights either thru their administrative process OR you may file a federal lawsuit alleging discrimination in the Southern District of NY federal court.

Comment

• Let see how it work, I have too much time, money and education invested in this career, so I'm going to fight for it
                        EXAM # 1320
                        LIST # 15**
                        EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

Let see how it work, I have too much time, money and education invested in this career, so I'm going to fight for it
                          There are other agencies besides NYPD, Dom. They're not the only game in town or in the tri-state area.

Comment

Well I understand nothing is guaranteed but the only fight we don't win is the one we don't fight, I have extremely faith on my Appeal for the simple fact that I know I was wrongfully disqualified. And also I know the real reason why I got DQ and the NYPD doesn't not have it on paper the reason

If you used Rob and Mark, i think i know a little about this- although they never discussed names or even specific details, they said that their is one particular female psychologist who they found tends to have issues with bias against certain nationalities /ethnicities.

Thid is a prime example of why an attorney is necessary; an appeal psychologist can not assert legal claims such as civil rights , EEO, and discrimination claims. If their is a solid articulatable EEO Issue raised; an agency attorney may advice the agency to bite their lip and hire you to avoid a lawsuit (even if your DQ does hold some merit). These disqualifications are as much about the legal end, as thet are the psychological end. The NYPD does not state you need an attorney to appeal, but they are always represented by one in all aspects of litigation. The Civil Service Commision actually reccomends you retain one as "disqualifications often involve complex issues of law".
                            Last edited by Vista; 08-03-2015, 01:50 PM.
                            Problems with a psych exam?
                            Have an upcoming
                            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                            you make up your mind.
                            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              If you used Rob and Mark, i think i know a little about this- although they never discussed names or even specific details, they said that their is one particular female psychologist who they found tends to have issues with bias against certain nationalities /ethnicities.

Thid is a prime example of why an attorney is necessary; an appeal psychologist can not assert legal claims such as civil rights , EEO, and discrimination claims. If their is a solid articulatable EEO Issue raised; an agency attorney may advice the agency to bite their lip and hire you to avoid a lawsuit (even if your DQ does hold some merit). These disqualifications are as much about the legal end, as thet are the psychological end. The NYPD does not state you need an attorney to appeal, but they are always represented by one in all aspects of litigation. The Civil Service Commision actually reccomends you retain one as "disqualifications often involve complex issues of law".
                              I have to admit it's tough for young people to break into this business of law enforcement. And NYPD isn't making things easy on the applicants.

Comment

• Yeah I also took TBTA,NYCDOC,BOP,PAPD
                                EXAM # 1320
                                LIST # 15**
                                EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5302 users online. 318 members and 4984 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X