Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start trying to get a hold of the records, Snake. They'll want them.
    13O2 Aug '10
    List: <1000

Comment

• I saw a pyschologist in elementary school bc my parents split and one just for an evaluation when my mom passed when i was 13. I had to get a letter from district and from my aunt vouching for free evaluation since the doctor had died and it didnt go through insurance. So far so so good no DQ but as I stated earlier they love talking about your past drinking experience.

Comment

• Also was anyone at todays Mini-Med.........longest ever

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
          Anybody received a DQ latter, i know my boy just received his while on review for like 5 months and it was the same psych lady that dq me ..
          What's was her last name? You can pm me if you want
          Exam 0309 | Med/JST/Psych/Mini/BI - Pass/Done | Got the call
          Guide to Impact and The Job | Academy Tips for Dummies
          *How to edit your signature - Top right> notifcations> inbox> edit signature (left column)

Comment

• ok bro no problem...
            Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by JHMack View Post
              I saw a pyschologist in elementary school bc my parents split and one just for an evaluation when my mom passed when i was 13. I had to get a letter from district and from my aunt vouching for free evaluation since the doctor had died and it didnt go through insurance. So far so so good no DQ but as I stated earlier they love talking about your past drinking experience.
              I will get my hands on those records... GL man and thanks..
              sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• For those of you on "Review" or have been "DQ'd" you need to put look at the process from "The Jobs" point of view. They have hundreds....thousands of applicants in line behind you, that have NO PROBLEMS or ISSUES. Why take one of you, when the next body "number" is ready to go. No negative history, no drama. The Job owes you nothing, you are the unborn. Meet their criteria or move over, it's just business.

For years hight and vision killed many an applicants hope to come "On The Job". Removing the height requiement and LASIK surgery have opened up the job to many more people. That's the good. The Bad are psych, medical and background problems that will kill the dreams of many and will not change.

Believe me, I've been in this thing we call "THE JOB" for 32 years and the above has remained the same.

For tHose of you who feel you are borderline and can afford the fight, get an attorney who deals with the review or DQ process and a good Physician to help you fight the fight.

And lastly...to "nycapomts" start using spell check or get a smart phone with larger letters. Your TYPOS and poor grammar (that's you not the phone) are giving many of us HEADACHES. Good Luck to you all.
                Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

• Yeah i will, it just that i get eager to "help others out " and start free-writing not knowing that is a forum criticised by perfect writers. !! sorry for the TYPOS TROOPER !!
                  Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                    Yeah i will, it just that i get eager to "help others out " and start free-writing not knowing that is a forum criticised by perfect writers. !! sorry for the TYPOS TROOPER !!
                    Free-writing? Lol... Nobody here is a perfect writer. I just think if you have some sense of grammar and proper sentence structure you seem like you have your stuff together. I see police officers as locked up individuals, they have attention to detail. God help us the day you have to write a report or a daily log.

Just sayin...

Comment

• if you are DQ for Psych reasons and you apply to other police departments/ corrections you will also be disqualified due to the psych dq from the nypd. whether you tell them you are psych dq from the nypd or not they will find out. a friend of mine was dq from the nypd and he decided to wait the 3 yrs to be elegible once again for the position of PO because of monetary reasons and because an appeal almost take the same time as just waiting it out and being re eligible to take the psych exam.
                      Haha
                      Last edited by Coolguybad; 02-16-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Whats up everyone,

Im a fellow 2311er, I have a question for anyone who can help.Im a former Marine and three time combat vet. My question is, is there anyone or know someone who is trying to get in with a disability rating from the VA? If so, what should I do about a PTSD diagnoses? Will it harm me in regards to the application process in particularly the physch exam? Or should I withhold from telling that information, since military records are confidential? I know I dont have PTSD I've had not had any symptoms in years since I got out in 2010. What you guys think I should do? Lastly, If someone has been through this please share some light. Thanks

Comment

• So I passed my 2nd pysch and drug test. As per my investigator I got the green light now just waiting for that phone call.

Comment

• Congratulations!
                            13O2 Aug '10

Comment

• Originally posted by libremedelmal View Post
                              Whats up everyone,

Im a fellow 2311er, I have a question for anyone who can help.Im a former Marine and three time combat vet. My question is, is there anyone or know someone who is trying to get in with a disability rating from the VA? If so, what should I do about a PTSD diagnoses? Will it harm me in regards to the application process in particularly the physch exam? Or should I withhold from telling that information, since military records are confidential? I know I dont have PTSD I've had not had any symptoms in years since I got out in 2010. What you guys think I should do? Lastly, If someone has been through this please share some light. Thanks
                              I don't think the ptsd diagnosis will help you at all
                              NYPD Exam 6093(expired ) 1302 List 1xxx
                              Apd5- submitted 2/2012
                              Medical- DONE
                              Psych Written- DONE
                              Psych Oral- DONE
                              Background- In process
                              JST- not yet

Fdny 2000- score 104 list 3xx

Comment

• It's a real shame but it's the truth. I hate that we send our men and women to war, show them the worst stuff anyone's ever going to see and then brand them as PTSD, a label that will keep them from high stress jobs forever. I don't want to meet the guy or gal who doesn't have PTSD after seeing what I've heard they see. A real, damn shame.
                                13O2 Aug '10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7831 users online. 392 members and 7439 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X