Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
    It's good that you appealed because if you didn't, then applying to diff city agencies will be a tough battle for you. You invested in yourself for the long run without any psych dqs.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Not necessary,Jayd. It only means he's not suited for police work in the NYPD. Most civil service jobs don't require psychological evaluation as a means test for hiring. The only absolute bar to police employment in New York State is a felony conviction. I have known of individuals DQed from NYPD that went on to other LE agencies.

Comment

• We can appeal a background Disqualification? If so how?

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Not necessary,Jayd. It only means he's not suited for police work in the NYPD. Most civil service jobs don't require psychological evaluation as a means test for hiring. The only absolute bar to police employment in New York State is a felony conviction. I have known of individuals DQed from NYPD that went on to other LE agencies.
        Now when you say that other individuals went on to other LE agencies, do you mean in NYS? Is it true that a dq from psych will stop you from applying to other civil service examinations with DCAS?

Comment

Now when you say that other individuals went on to other LE agencies, do you mean in NYS? Is it true that a dq from psych will stop you from applying to other civil service examinations with DCAS?

Yes, I do know of individuals DQed and even terminated for cause from NYPD going on to other LE jobs within NYS. most of your medium to small size police agencies don't require psychological evaluation at all. When I first started in corrections back in 1978; all one had to do is pass a barebones physical exam. Now my department requires a candidate to take the MMPI written psychological inventory. No interviews with psychologists is required.

You can take any civil service exam in or out of NYS if you meet the minimum requirements listed in an exam notice. Being either psych or character disqualification by NYPD does NOT prevent you from being hired by other LE agencies or participating in other title civil service exams. Each agency sets their own hiring standards which vary from agency to agency.NYS, NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester Counties seem to be the most stringent in hiring. These municipalities tend to disqualify on the basis of minor foibles rather than consider one's background record as a whole.

Comment

• Originally posted by AhmedAlmelaiki View Post
            We can appeal a background Disqualification? If so how?

Background disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn. The Courts have repeatedly ruled in favor of the appointing authority's absolute discretion in hiring individuals into sensitive positions. To even attempt to do so; you would need an attorney to either file an appeal with the civil service commission which only would reinstate your name back on the list, and the CSC can NOT force NYPD to appoint you OR file an Article 78 proceeding in state supreme court arguing your character disqualification was arbitrary and/or capricious.

Comment

Background disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn. The Courts have repeatedly ruled in favor of the appointing authority's absolute discretion in hiring individuals into sensitive positions. To even attempt to do so; you would need an attorney to either file an appeal with the civil service commission which only would reinstate your name back on the list, and the CSC can NOT force NYPD to appoint you OR file an Article 78 proceeding in state supreme court arguing your character disqualification was arbitrary and/or capricious.

Your correct. But, Article 78 can only be done AFTER a CSC Appeal.
              Problems with a psych exam?
              Have an upcoming
              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
              you make up your mind.
              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                Your correct. But, Article 78 can only be done AFTER a CSC Appeal.
                In New York City, that is. Outside of NYC; the article 78 proceeding is directed against the head of the agency as the defendant. In the vast majority (all that I know ) of cases , the local municipal civil service commission, dept. of Personnel, dept. of human resources (Westchester county) or whatever other name they call themselves acts as a rubber stamp for departmental heads wishing to throw candidates off the certified list of eligibles.

Comment

In New York City, that is. Outside of NYC; the article 78 proceeding is directed against the head of the agency as the defendant. In the vast majority (all that I know ) of cases , the local municipal civil service commission, dept. of Personnel, dept. of human resources (Westchester county) or whatever other name they call themselves acts as a rubber stamp for departmental heads wishing to throw candidates off the certified list of eligibles.

What i meant was that article 78 can only be used after all administrative appeal options are exaughsted (proverbial jerk, or not).
                  Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.

Comment

• Sounds good....

Comment

• Has anyone tried calling the psych services center? I've been trying to call for weeks. It rings and always ends up going to their voice-mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankee13 View Post
                        Has anyone tried calling the psych services center? I've been trying to call for weeks. It rings and always ends up going to their voice-mail.
                        Try calling at 9:01 AM. Took me months to get through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone tried calling the psych services center? I've been trying to call for weeks. It rings and always ends up going to their voice-mail.
                          As what mustangs said, call early that's when they pick up! But if I was you I wouldn't even bother calling them in regards to your psych, that's if your on review. I would just let it run its course.

I haven't heard back since May 19, when my oral was administered but hopefully I don't get that DQ letter. As they say, no news is good news!

Comment

Try , 7556, 7557 and 7559
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

As what mustangs said, call early that's when they pick up! But if I was you I wouldn't even bother calling them in regards to your psych, that's if your on review. I would just let it run its course.

I haven't heard back since May 19, when my oral was administered but hopefully I don't get that DQ letter. As they say, no news is good news!

If your on psych review they will not tell you why. Its a fruitless call.
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                                If your on psych review they will not tell you why. Its a fruitless call.
                                That's right !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7823 users online. 372 members and 7451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X