Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mustangmonie View Post
    No. I am not sure if i will be able to appeal. I had my oral in october and i was put on review due to late paperwork. I had a second interview in may. Im pretty sure he disqualified me because otherwise i dont see a reason why i should not have received a minimed.

Since i havent read anything about any candidates who have already had 2 orals i dont know if i can appeal. Guess ill just have to wait for my letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am pretty sure that you could because technically you didn't get your dq letter from your first interview but the reason why they gave you a mini med is to clear you from processing so if they were to decide on your second psych interview, then you would be 4q and ready for hire. I know people that took 2 just and two mini meds for each academy class!

I mean just keep positive and hold your head high. It's a lengthy process! I have a co worker of mine who I work with for the city and she told me that her friend had the same situation as me and was placed in review for about six months and then psych decided on his case and was called for that upcoming academy.

Comment

• Anybody waiting to hear from civil service?

Comment

• Originally posted by mustangmonie View Post
        No. I am not sure if i will be able to appeal. I had my oral in october and i was put on review due to late paperwork. I had a second interview in may. Im pretty sure he disqualified me because otherwise i dont see a reason why i should not have received a minimed.

Since i havent read anything about any candidates who have already had 2 orals i dont know if i can appeal. Guess ill just have to wait for my letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being called down a second time for a psych interview is not unheard of, nor is it the worst thing. It means, that although their were concerns, they were on the fence about their decision.

You must wait until you recieve- a notice of proposed disqualification before you can invoke the appeal process.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
          I am pretty sure that you could because technically you didn't get your dq letter from your first interview but the reason why they gave you a mini med is to clear you from processing so if they were to decide on your second psych interview, then you would be 4q and ready for hire. I know people that took 2 just and two mini meds for each academy class!

I mean just keep positive and hold your head high. It's a lengthy process! I have a co worker of mine who I work with for the city and she told me that her friend had the same situation as me and was placed in review for about six months and then psych decided on his case and was called for that upcoming academy.

Theirs no rhyme or reason, and often little coordination between the different aspects of candidate selection. Your basically correct. He has not been DQ (at least not yet) until he recieves the letter.
          Last edited by Vista; 07-10-2015, 08:38 AM.
          Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.

Comment

• Vista

There's a kid asking about a DUI on another thread he started. I referred him here to ask you about it.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Vista

There's a kid asking about a DUI on another thread he started. I referred him here to ask you about it.
              Havent gotten any messages- but as far as NYPD goes, from whag their "driving record worksheet" says one Dui / dwi within the last 5 years is a no go on the backround.

On the Psych, I'm sure they will try and roll that into something bigger (of which it may, or may not be).
              Last edited by Vista; 07-10-2015, 08:37 AM.
              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                Havent gotten any messages- but as far as NYPD goes, from whag their "driving record worksheet" says one Dui / dwi within the last 5 years is a no go on the backround.

On the Psych, I'm sure they will try and roll that into something bigger (of which it may, or may not be).
                Kind of makes me shake my head in disbelief......There is this officer in my department arrested TWICE for dWI within a 12 month period and he is still on the job!

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  Kind of makes me shake my head in disbelief......There is this officer in my department arrested TWICE for dWI within a 12 month period and he is still on the job!

The Lieutenant / Lawyer at NYPD Legal Bureau who represented the Dept. In my second appeal- who chided me for "driving history", was, him self arrested twice for DWI- in one case while he was a rookie cop after he blasted a parked car.
                  Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

The Lieutenant / Lawyer at NYPD Legal Bureau who represented the Dept. In my second appeal- who chided me for "driving history", was, him self arrested twice for DWI- in one case while he was a rookie cop after he blasted a parked car.
                    Its interesting because you don't hear of too many licensed non-practicing attorneys who are also NYPD officers out there pounding the beat. Most likely assigned to the legal bureau.Then again, its only a mere handful....

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                      Its interesting because you don't hear of too many licensed non-practicing attorneys who are also NYPD officers out there pounding the beat. Most likely assigned to the legal bureau.Then again, its only a mere handful....

He was actually a Legal Intern.
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Vista, I can't read all the posts but it seem as if you were disqualified. Do you mind sharing with us what was the end result of your appeal? Thanks.

Comment

• Quick question, I met with my Psychologist a few months ago, he asked for medical records (probably because of a time I went to the emergency room for stitches) and for my college transcripts, he has had the records for about 2 months now. but my first question is why would he want those records if I've never been in trouble with the law or in school ( I have my BA in criminal justice) or been prescribed any meds or had any surgeries etc.. and second I called APD and they said I still have a hold even tho I emailed my psych and he told me he received everything and to keep in touch with my investigator. Why the hold, and why would he ask for those records? Thank you for any replies in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by AhmedAlmelaiki View Post
                            Vista, I can't read all the posts but it seem as if you were disqualified. Do you mind sharing with us what was the end result of your appeal? Thanks.

I appealed the Psychological DQ, and upon review of my appeal the NYPD had another psychologist reinterview me. The second Psychologist from the NYPD Agreed with my appeal Psychologist and attorney, and they rescinded my DQ. (This is sort of uncommon, and different from Winning an appeal, where civil service commision- who has the final say, decides in a candidates favor- which is much more common).

After that, i had trouble on the backround due too my driving history. I was "Character DQ", appealed that- and unfortunately lost. In the end i did not get hired; but, since my psych dq was rescinded it's treated as if i was never psych dq on future applications. So, it was worth the money.
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

I appealed the Psychological DQ, and upon review of my appeal the NYPD had another psychologist reinterview me. The second Psychologist from the NYPD Agreed with my appeal Psychologist and attorney, and they rescinded my DQ. (This is sort of uncommon, and different from Winning an appeal, where civil service commision- who has the final say, decides in a candidates favor- which is much more common).

After that, i had trouble on the backround due too my driving history. I was "Character DQ", appealed that- and unfortunately lost. In the end i did not get hired; but, since my psych dq was rescinded it's treated as if i was never psych dq on future applications. So, it was worth the money.
                              It's good that you appealed because if you didn't, then applying to diff city agencies will be a tough battle for you. You invested in yourself for the long run without any psych dqs.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Comment

• Originally posted by marv_moya View Post
                                Quick question, I met with my Psychologist a few months ago, he asked for medical records (probably because of a time I went to the emergency room for stitches) and for my college transcripts, he has had the records for about 2 months now. but my first question is why would he want those records if I've never been in trouble with the law or in school ( I have my BA in criminal justice) or been prescribed any meds or had any surgeries etc.. and second I called APD and they said I still have a hold even tho I emailed my psych and he told me he received everything and to keep in touch with my investigator. Why the hold, and why would he ask for those records? Thank you for any replies in advance.
                                I was also thinking why would a psychologist ask for such documents. However, every psychologist is different. Some look deep in your background. I have been through three psych interviews and none of them asked me for a college transcripts but I usually volunteer to bring it and show it anyway. As far as the hospitalization maybe to determine what were you hospitalized for... Etc good luck though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4528 users online. 261 members and 4267 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X