Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay91 View Post
    Which exam expired 0309?
    No. 7011

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      Corrections is an honorable profession
      Yes sir I love my job. I just always aspired to be a police officer. If that doesn't happen I'm more than fortunate already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machsmith87 View Post
        I'm currently still handing in paper work to my investigator
        you got a bad Raaaattitude. Stop gettin wreckless there, son.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jay91 View Post
          Its crazy how i provided overwhelming evidence to the NYPD but i feel like they don't even bother reading anything. Its like they could care less.
          The NYPD definitely reads the appeals, as well as hires outside consultant (one being Dr Robert Arko, to review their decison (who basically reflexively agrees with it). From, the entire decision is reviewed by the NYPD Legal Bureau. The NYPd rarely contradict's their own decision. Hence, why Rob refers to the affirmation letter as the "who gives a crap letter" and probably told you he has little faith in the Agency Psychologists to correct them selves, when they were in fact wrong (which not every DQ is wrongful).

Civil service also reads them, but they are backlogged hearing disqualification appeals, disciplinary appeals and much more for all NYC Agencies (nypd, fdny, dsny, dot, dob, etc.....) so its kinda not like their sitting around waiting for a new case to come in. Plus, as you probably know- they themselves are city employees (well appointees), and most civil service employee's work, well, slowly. These commisioners also typically have other full time jobs/careers in concert with their official duties so its not usually a full time gig. Im sure Rob / Mark explained that they do have a very good working relationship with CSC, who, are probably the most reasonable of all the Downstate CSC's and do, frequently intervene when it is appropriate.

As far as the user above, "Mach...", his second time around he was fortunate to be seen by a newer agency psychologist, who according to Kronenberg is very reasonable, and from the DQ's he has read from him- writes a very thorough, concise report. The guy really put alot of time into his case- even following up with him by phone too address new questions.

Also keep in mind, that Psychology is a difficult field to be succesful in. Many Psychologists either go the NYPD route due to the prospects of job security, or to use it to enhance their resume. Some of them do do not even have their Phd- and cant legally work outside of a non-clinical roll. This doednt mean any of these people are bad, good, wrong, right.... Or even experienced. Thats why i personally believe if you are disqualified and believe its wrong, that you should appeal and recieve a third party professional opinion, just as you would do for a major medical diagnosis (even more so, since psychology is much less abstract, and based more on theory than physical evidence than Medical diagnoses.

As far as other agencies go, their free to use a DQ history against you as they see fit. I recently recieved a email from someone saying that they submitted their backround packet to an upstate agency and they reflexively moved to DQ him based off his NYPD DQ which was pending appeal. The upstate agency requested a copy of his appeal to be considered to continue processing. In the abscence of available NYPD appeal documentation it may have greatly increased the difficulty of overcoming this potential, subsuquent DQ.
          Last edited by Vista; 06-22-2015, 09:31 AM.
          Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by NyPd G View Post
            Did you give up your quest to get on? What's your current status?
            Im processing for another agency as well as on the list for a few others. Im going to take another NYPd Exam, but want to put some time between the last "event" that they held against me on the character investigstion and from the time id process next.

Im pretty hard too discourage.
            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              And one of the toughest!
              So its not really 8 and the gate?
              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                So its not really 8 and the gate?
                do the 8 and skate

Comment

The NYPD definitely reads the appeals, as well as hires outside consultant (one being Dr Robert Arko, to review their decison (who basically reflexively agrees with it). From, the entire decision is reviewed by the NYPD Legal Bureau. The NYPd rarely contradict's their own decision. Hence, why Rob refers to the affirmation letter as the "who gives a crap letter" and probably told you he has little faith in the Agency Psychologists to correct them selves, when they were in fact wrong (which not every DQ is wrongful).

Civil service also reads them, but they are backlogged hearing disqualification appeals, disciplinary appeals and much more for all NYC Agencies (nypd, fdny, dsny, dot, dob, etc.....) so its kinda not like their sitting around waiting for a new case to come in. Plus, as you probably know- they themselves are city employees (well appointees), and most civil service employee's work, well, slowly. These commisioners also typically have other full time jobs/careers in concert with their official duties so its not usually a full time gig. Im sure Rob / Mark explained that they do have a very good working relationship with CSC, who, are probably the most reasonable of all the Downstate CSC's and do, frequently intervene when it is appropriate.

As far as the user above, "Mach...", his second time around he was fortunate to be seen by a newer agency psychologist, who according to Kronenberg is very reasonable, and from the DQ's he has read from him- writes a very thorough, concise report. The guy really put alot of time into his case- even following up with him by phone too address new questions.

Also keep in mind, that Psychology is a difficult field to be succesful in. Many Psychologists either go the NYPD route due to the prospects of job security, or to use it to enhance their resume. Some of them do do not even have their Phd- and cant legally work outside of a non-clinical roll. This doednt mean any of these people are bad, good, wrong, right.... Or even experienced. Thats why i personally believe if you are disqualified and believe its wrong, that you should appeal and recieve a third party professional opinion, just as you would do for a major medical diagnosis (even more so, since psychology is much less abstract, and based more on theory than physical evidence than Medical diagnoses.

As far as other agencies go, their free to use a DQ history against you as they see fit. I recently recieved a email from someone saying that they submitted their backround packet to an upstate agency and they reflexively moved to DQ him based off his NYPD DQ which was pending appeal. The upstate agency requested a copy of his appeal to be considered to continue processing. In the abscence of available NYPD appeal documentation it may have greatly increased the difficulty of overcoming this potential, subsuquent DQ.
                  These "upstate agencies" usually prefer to hire local residents of the municipality. More so; if they have completed MPTC Phase 1 BPOTC from one of the local community colleges. In this way; the agency doesn't have to pay to train them. Phase 2 is firearms training; in which one must actually be a sworn police officer to participate.

You're correct, Vista. A law enforcement agency is free to use a non-selection or DQ history against an applicant as they see fit. Again, it is a matter of taking into consideration an applicant's "record as a whole" or base non-selection on one or two minor blemishes that occurred in one's past. This upstate agency you mentioned must be a large sheriff's department or a major city North of the Westchester-Rockland County Line.

Comment

These "upstate agencies" usually prefer to hire local residents of the municipality. More so; if they have completed MPTC Phase 1 BPOTC from one of the local community colleges. In this way; the agency doesn't have to pay to train them. Phase 2 is firearms training; in which one must actually be a sworn police officer to participate.

You're correct, Vista. A law enforcement agency is free to use a non-selection or DQ history against an applicant as they see fit. Again, it is a matter of taking into consideration an applicant's "record as a whole" or base non-selection on one or two minor blemishes that occurred in one's past. This upstate agency you mentioned must be a large sheriff's department or a major city North of the Westchester-Rockland County Line.
                    In OC.
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

In OC.
                      Which community colleges offer the MPTC training?
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

In OC.
                        Orange County S.O.,Middletown or NewBurgh.....I'd stay away from Newburgh. Inner Newburgh (city) is a hotbed of violence,drug dealers, gang activity, and weekly senseless shootings.
                        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 06-22-2015, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Which community colleges offer the MPTC training?

I will PM you on that

Comment

Orange County S.O.,Middletown or NewBurgh.....I'd stay away from Newburgh. Inner Newburgh (city) is a hotbed of violence,drug dealers, gang activity, and weekly senseless shootings.

I heard newburgh is rough. Hoping city of mt vernon puts a test out soon. Not a desirable dept and i know a bigtimer up there. Hes Arguably the unofficial mayor lol
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Hello guys! I am from exam 2302 list number 18xx. I am currently in review since may 19th. The psych wanted me to fax over some documents so I did the very same day right after he told me he was going to put me on review. I believe that the only reason I am on review is that I had an arrest two years ago and was charged with DWI/DWAI. Long story short, I was behind the wheel with the keys in the ignition and the heater on but in essence, the charge was reduced to a idling ticket. How likely will I be off review ? Especially coming from that it was a isolated incident?

Comment

• Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
                                Hello guys! I am from exam 2302 list number 18xx. I am currently in review since may 19th. The psych wanted me to fax over some documents so I did the very same day right after he told me he was going to put me on review. I believe that the only reason I am on review is that I had an arrest two years ago and was charged with DWI/DWAI. Long story short, I was behind the wheel with the keys in the ignition and the heater on but in essence, the charge was reduced to a idling ticket. How likely will I be off review ? Especially coming from that it was a isolated incident?
                                No one outside of the psych unit or on this forum can determine when or IF you'll get off review. At the very least, its considered "public intoxication" which, by itself, does NOT constitute an offense in New York State but might raise a 'red flag' with these NYPD psychologists. You just have to "go with the flow" and see what happens. In the meantime; take other civil service exams.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7277 users online. 391 members and 6886 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X