Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its crazy how i provided overwhelming evidence to the NYPD but i feel like they don't even bother reading anything. Its like they could care less.
    Exam # 6315
    Orientation:
    Medical:
    Agility:
    Written Psych:
    Oral Psych:
    PE:

Waiting impatiently..

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      Nah- just have been through just about every kinda jam up with the process you can imagine.
      Did you give up your quest to get on? What's your current status?

Comment

• NYPDg are you also appealing?
        Exam # 6315
        Orientation:
        Medical:
        Agility:
        Written Psych:
        Oral Psych:
        PE:

Waiting impatiently..

Comment

• Originally posted by jay91 View Post
          CountyCO have you been through the NYPD process? are you on the job?

I did undergo the NYPD process 35 years ago--no go.....moved upstate and made history as a sheriff's officer.
          Their loss was this county's gain. I express no regrets and I am happy where I am.
          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 06-21-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• oh wow long time. I guess nothing has changed then. Any place in New York where they are hiring?
            Exam # 6315
            Orientation:
            Medical:
            Agility:
            Written Psych:
            Oral Psych:
            PE:

Waiting impatiently..

Comment

oh wow long time. I guess nothing has changed then. Any place in New York where they are hiring?
              Yup, a long time ago when CCO was in his early 20s....NYPD didn't have psych evaluations back then. Only to pass the medical, physical agility and character background investigation.but my advice for young people seeking a career in police work is to go South or out West. Housing is quite expensive in the NYC metro area, and real property taxes are outrageous to say the least. It is quite difficult to make ends meet on a police officer's salary and a married couple must both work just to make ends meet. Many of my co-workers have retired and moved down South. One even moved to Costa Rica where that country's government welcomes Americano Pensionaidos (retired workers with pensions).

Comment

• New York is definitely getting expensive. Lets see how this appeal goes. If not ill probably venture off to the west.
                Exam # 6315
                Orientation:
                Medical:
                Agility:
                Written Psych:
                Oral Psych:
                PE:

Waiting impatiently..

Comment

NYPDg are you also appealing?
                  Nah bro I was put on psych review for 2 months back in 2009 than called for a second interview and passed. Unfortunately my exam expired and i had to retest. I ended up becoming a CO and was finally called to start processing in November. I had a smooth process and I'm simply waiting for the call this July. I was just curious about Vista because he's always on her helping others and giving good advice. Good luck to the rest of the way.

Comment

Its crazy how i provided overwhelming evidence to the NYPD but i feel like they don't even bother reading anything. Its like they could care less.
                    Or they have other applicants just like you....

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                      Or they have other applicants just like you....
                      they are probably doing the same with everyone..
                      Exam # 6315
                      Orientation:
                      Medical:
                      Agility:
                      Written Psych:
                      Oral Psych:
                      PE:

Waiting impatiently..

Comment

• Originally posted by NyPd G View Post
                        Nah bro I was put on psych review for 2 months back in 2009 than called for a second interview and passed. Unfortunately my exam expired and i had to retest. I ended up becoming a CO and was finally called to start processing in November. I had a smooth process and I'm simply waiting for the call this July. I was just curious about Vista because he's always on her helping others and giving good advice. Good luck to the rest of the way.
                        Which exam expired 0309?
                        Exam # 6315
                        Orientation:
                        Medical:
                        Agility:
                        Written Psych:
                        Oral Psych:
                        PE:

Waiting impatiently..

Comment

• Originally posted by NyPd G View Post
                          Corrections is an honorable profession

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                            Corrections is an honorable profession
                            Damn straight!!
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• [QUOTE=CCCSD;3675532]Damn straight!![/QUOTE]

It paid my bills and gave me a decent standard of living....in my department there is mutual respect between the jail deputies (correction officers) and the regular deputy sheriffs (police officers). Unlike state corrections, our county correction officers are treated as human beings and NOT like a five digit line number. It is the best job I ever had.....

Comment

• And one of the toughest!
                                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7337 users online. 359 members and 6978 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X