Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LongIsland88 View Post
    well i have only taken the Suffolk county correction test and passed it now am just waiting and am also wait to take the Suffolk county Deputy sheriffs test in June but my lawyer specifically told me when asked if i was ever DQ to Say NO
    OK , bout what about if they fine out that NYPD dq you, i understand that they say in the latter thaat it wont show as dq if you dont fight it bout what bout if they ask nypd what happen ?
    Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by DAVIS8329 View Post
      I am working with DR.Lerner, he's been Great, very informative and helpful
      Yeah DR.Lerner is good bout he is for rick people and am poor , talk to him before i when to get other psych bout he ask for a amount of money i dont have in my savings from my security job , so that was a no go..

Comment

• Anybody received a DQ latter, i know my boy just received his while on review for like 5 months and it was the same psych lady that dq me ..

Comment

• Can I ask what kind of things you guys get DQed for? Just generally if you don't want to outright state it. Kinda trying to see what I should try to avoid.

Comment

• if you are DQ for Psych reasons and you apply to other police departments/ corrections you will also be disqualified due to the psych dq from the nypd. whether you tell them you are psych dq from the nypd or not they will find out. a friend of mine was dq from the nypd and he decided to wait the 3 yrs to be elegible once again for the position of PO because of monetary reasons and because an appeal almost take the same time as just waiting it out and being re eligible to take the psych exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
              if you are DQ for Psych reasons and you apply to other police departments/ corrections you will also be disqualified due to the psych dq from the nypd. whether you tell them you are psych dq from the nypd or not they will find out. a friend of mine was dq from the nypd and he decided to wait the 3 yrs to be elegible once again for the position of PO because of monetary reasons and because an appeal almost take the same time as just waiting it out and being re eligible to take the psych exam.
              Well that the reason am appealing and drying my saving in to this Appeals. Bout i do know that there is some people here that did get DQ from NYPD and got hired in other LE jobs so i guess is 50/50 think .

Comment

• Hows Everyone doing on their reviews. I am pretty much done, just waiting for the GOOD word back ....keeping my fingers crossed.
                NYPD 8329 / XXXX
                Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX
                Medical: | Written Psych: | Oral: | JST: | BI: | Mini Med:

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
                Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

• Originally posted by DAVIS8329 View Post
                  Hows Everyone doing on their reviews. I am pretty much done, just waiting for the GOOD word back ....keeping my fingers crossed.
                  Anybody here got DQ for a medical history of panic attacks or anxiety of which they do not have anymore??
                  Or know anyone who has?
                  Exam #0311 April 2010
                  List #35
                  APD5 Completed
                  Academy: tentative July 2012 but it is not going to happen, hope to make January 2013!!
                  Mini medical: Waiting
                  Medical: Waiting
                  Psych:Waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by bugs8932 View Post
                    Anybody here got DQ for a medical history of panic attacks or anxiety of which they do not have anymore??
                    Or know anyone who has?
                    I have never heard that reasoning but I think you will need a 2nd opinion from another doctor and a lawyer.
                    NYPD 8329 / XXXX
                    Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX
                    Medical: | Written Psych: | Oral: | JST: | BI: | Mini Med:

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
                    Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

• Originally posted by bugs8932 View Post
                      Or know anyone who has?

Bro if you got DQ from medical services is easy to get back in all got do is go to your private medical doc and tell him to check you out in the matter of the reason you got DQ and then he send the medical division the records of the visit and the check up and you should be back on the ball game , on like psych services is harder to get out of this **** list ...

Comment

• I just had my follow up psych review from a month ago and had a different psychologist. Once again my honesty gets me I guess but we got into my drinking habits from college and high school. I'm 28 now, been a career guy since college, getting married and college is quite a few yrs behind me and yet this was all that was relevant. I stuck up for myself as much as possible and he said it isn't your character we are questioning its the drinking history. He said I'm a high risk for alcohol which shocks me because I rarely go out anymore even more rare to drink. Once again that is judging my character based on my college years. Nonetheless, after explaining why I am a good character the last thing he said was "before you talk yourself out of a job you should go". So I'm really hoping that last bit there was a "positive" thing. Mini-Med tomorrow and I'm all done.
                        Last edited by JHMack; 06-07-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• It really sucks that we are judged so heavily by our past but what they say is true. "Our greatest indicator of future behavior is our past behavior." I wish I had listened to my teachers when they said, "Everything you do today, you will have to answer for tomorrow." They certainly weren't lying.

Good luck, my man. That last little bit is really positive
                          13O2 Aug '10
                          List: <1000

Comment

• How much did you say you drank in college that this has become an issue? I got a drinking ticket in college that I am starting to worry about, but I really didn't even drink much. Just was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Originally posted by JHMack View Post
                            I just had my follow up psych review from a month ago and had a different psychologist. Once again my honesty gets me I guess but we got into my drinking habits from college and high school. I'm 28 now, been a career guy since college, getting married and college is quite a few yrs behind me and yet this was all that was relevant. I stuck up for myself as much as possible and he said it isn't your character we are questioning its the drinking history. He said I'm a high risk for alcohol which shocks me because I rarely go out anymore even more rare to drink. Once again that is judging my character based on my college years. Nonetheless, after explaining why I am a good character the last thing he said was "before you talk yourself out of a job you should go". So I'm really hoping that last bit there was a "positive" thing. Mini-Med tomorrow and I'm all done.

Comment

• It just starts with did you drink in college, how much, when, what was the most you ever drank, how often did you drink, and how much did you on average drink on those occasions. I drank just as much as any college kid but the minute you state you drank before the snowball effect begins. I stuck to my guns and hope it turns out well. It just bothers me that the entire focus is on a few yrs that every kid in the world experiences and should not not be a good test for character. Getting an interview for a half hr doesn't seem like a very ideal evaluation. There are so many other elements and factors to consider to decide the fate on someone.

Comment

• So will seeing a psychiatrist when you where a kid DQ you? Its been so long I don't remember what I went for..
                                sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9431 users online. 441 members and 8990 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X