Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah I know. it sucks the NYPD rather hire people who are just becoming cops for benefits over people who actually want to do it. Hopefully the NYPD lightens up with the hiring especially after the recent controversy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay91 View Post
      yeah I know. it sucks the NYPD rather hire people who are just becoming cops for benefits over people who actually want to do it. Hopefully the NYPD lightens up with the hiring especially after the recent controversy.

I doubt it. NYPD has a tendency to eliminate candidates for the least little negativity in their background. They don't seem to weigh the good.......only the bad. This is done on the pretense that criminal or employment misconduct and/or incompetency will repeat itself.

The APD goes by NYPD hiring and retention guidelines which lists various negative conduct scenarios that will lead to non-selection and removal off the civil service list.
      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 06-19-2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• yeah but i know people on the job with crazy history. I know some people who got arrested and all they had to do was write a essay on why they should be selected where as others like me are getting disqualified for minor things

Comment

• has anybody tried contacting civil service to see where they are at with the appeals process?

Comment

Exam 1320 here holding on. I got the who gives a **** letter January 2015 and now I'm just waiting endlessly for the civil service to hopefully over turn the nypds decision. anybody on the same boat as me?
            Its a sllloowww process. If i remember correctly it took about 7 months for civil service to decide my second appeal.

I wouldnt call- it wont get you anywhere. They wont tell you anything. As soon as a decision comes in, they will notify both you and Rob / Your Attorney both VIA mail.

I know they got a few notifications earlier this week that a few candidates were reinstated / won their appeals.
            Problems with a psych exam?
            Have an upcoming
            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.
            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

I doubt it. NYPD has a tendency to eliminate candidates for the least little negativity in their background. They don't seem to weigh the good.......only the bad. This is done on the pretense that criminal or employment misconduct and/or incompetency will repeat itself.

The APD goes by NYPD hiring and retention guidelines which lists various negative conduct scenarios that will lead to non-selection and removal off the civil service list.
              Exactly, funny thing was when i say down with my Port Authority Investigator- he actually said that exact thing- and that NYPD does not value life experience and that PANYNJ would ether hire someone whos 33 and messed up a little as opposed to a 21 year old.

unfortunately, since my appeal was in legal status with nypd they would not release my records and my port authority test (2007 exam) expired.
              Last edited by Vista; 06-19-2015, 09:53 PM.
              Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
              you make up your mind.

Comment

yeah but i know people on the job with crazy history. I know some people who got arrested and all they had to do was write a essay on why they should be selected where as others like me are getting disqualified for minor things
                It all depends on your investigator.
                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
                  I had my psychological oral interview in early April and haven't heard anything back yet. I contacted my investigator back in March and she just got back to me about 3 weeks ago saying she would contact me soon to set up an interview.

Is there a number I can contact to see if I was disqualified or something? I had to get documentation from a hospital visit from one time I was brought to the hospital for drinking when I was in my teens (did not have alcohol poisoning) and that was more or less my only blemish so I'm not entirely sure what's taking so long.

Any help on who I can contact would be appreciated.
                  You contact your investigator.
                  Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Vista are you on the job ???

Comment

• Thanks vista on the updates appreciate it.

Comment

yeah but i know people on the job with crazy history. I know some people who got arrested and all they had to do was write a essay on why they should be selected where as others like me are getting disqualified for minor things

There is a difference between an arrest and actual conviction of an offense. Arrests are merely accusations that may or may NOT have any basis in fact. Yours is based on psychological evaluation which is totally different from an overall character background investigation.
                        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 06-20-2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks vista on the updates appreciate it.
                          Vista knows his stuff in regards to NYPD psychological disqualifications....he's been down that route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                            Its a sllloowww process. If i remember correctly it took about 7 months for civil service to decide my second appeal.

I wouldnt call- it wont get you anywhere. They wont tell you anything. As soon as a decision comes in, they will notify both you and Rob / Your Attorney both VIA mail.

I know they got a few notifications earlier this week that a few candidates were reinstated / won their appeals.

Unfortunately, the passage of time works against disqualified candidates seeking to overturn a NYPD adverse hiring determination. When the civil service exam list expires so does their eligibility for appointment.

Comment

• I thought my exam expired next year but apparently Mr. Kronenberg said I have till 2018.

Comment

I thought my exam expired next year but apparently Mr. Kronenberg said I have till 2018.
                                Civil service lists have a maximum life of four years. Who is Kronenberg??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6060 users online. 303 members and 5757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X