Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay91 View Post
    oh wow long time. I guess nothing has changed then. Any place in New York where they are hiring?
    Yup, a long time ago when CCO was in his early 20s....NYPD didn't have psych evaluations back then. Only to pass the medical, physical agility and character background investigation.but my advice for young people seeking a career in police work is to go South or out West. Housing is quite expensive in the NYC metro area, and real property taxes are outrageous to say the least. It is quite difficult to make ends meet on a police officer's salary and a married couple must both work just to make ends meet. Many of my co-workers have retired and moved down South. One even moved to Costa Rica where that country's government welcomes Americano Pensionaidos (retired workers with pensions).

Comment

• New York is definitely getting expensive. Lets see how this appeal goes. If not ill probably venture off to the west.

Comment

NYPDg are you also appealing?
        Nah bro I was put on psych review for 2 months back in 2009 than called for a second interview and passed. Unfortunately my exam expired and i had to retest. I ended up becoming a CO and was finally called to start processing in November. I had a smooth process and I'm simply waiting for the call this July. I was just curious about Vista because he's always on her helping others and giving good advice. Good luck to the rest of the way.

Comment

Its crazy how i provided overwhelming evidence to the NYPD but i feel like they don't even bother reading anything. Its like they could care less.
          Or they have other applicants just like you....

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
            Or they have other applicants just like you....
            they are probably doing the same with everyone..

Comment

• Originally posted by NyPd G View Post
              Nah bro I was put on psych review for 2 months back in 2009 than called for a second interview and passed. Unfortunately my exam expired and i had to retest. I ended up becoming a CO and was finally called to start processing in November. I had a smooth process and I'm simply waiting for the call this July. I was just curious about Vista because he's always on her helping others and giving good advice. Good luck to the rest of the way.
              Which exam expired 0309?

Comment

Corrections is an honorable profession

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  Damn straight!!
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• [QUOTE=CCCSD;3675532]Damn straight!![/QUOTE]

It paid my bills and gave me a decent standard of living....in my department there is mutual respect between the jail deputies (correction officers) and the regular deputy sheriffs (police officers). Unlike state corrections, our county correction officers are treated as human beings and NOT like a five digit line number. It is the best job I ever had.....

Comment

• And one of the toughest!
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Which exam expired 0309?
                        No. 7011

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                          Yes sir I love my job. I just always aspired to be a police officer. If that doesn't happen I'm more than fortunate already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machsmith87 View Post
                            I'm currently still handing in paper work to my investigator
                            you got a bad Raaaattitude. Stop gettin wreckless there, son.
                            Problems with a psych exam?
                            Have an upcoming
                            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                            you make up your mind.
                            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Its crazy how i provided overwhelming evidence to the NYPD but i feel like they don't even bother reading anything. Its like they could care less.
                              The NYPD definitely reads the appeals, as well as hires outside consultant (one being Dr Robert Arko, to review their decison (who basically reflexively agrees with it). From, the entire decision is reviewed by the NYPD Legal Bureau. The NYPd rarely contradict's their own decision. Hence, why Rob refers to the affirmation letter as the "who gives a crap letter" and probably told you he has little faith in the Agency Psychologists to correct them selves, when they were in fact wrong (which not every DQ is wrongful).

Civil service also reads them, but they are backlogged hearing disqualification appeals, disciplinary appeals and much more for all NYC Agencies (nypd, fdny, dsny, dot, dob, etc.....) so its kinda not like their sitting around waiting for a new case to come in. Plus, as you probably know- they themselves are city employees (well appointees), and most civil service employee's work, well, slowly. These commisioners also typically have other full time jobs/careers in concert with their official duties so its not usually a full time gig. Im sure Rob / Mark explained that they do have a very good working relationship with CSC, who, are probably the most reasonable of all the Downstate CSC's and do, frequently intervene when it is appropriate.

As far as the user above, "Mach...", his second time around he was fortunate to be seen by a newer agency psychologist, who according to Kronenberg is very reasonable, and from the DQ's he has read from him- writes a very thorough, concise report. The guy really put alot of time into his case- even following up with him by phone too address new questions.

Also keep in mind, that Psychology is a difficult field to be succesful in. Many Psychologists either go the NYPD route due to the prospects of job security, or to use it to enhance their resume. Some of them do do not even have their Phd- and cant legally work outside of a non-clinical roll. This doednt mean any of these people are bad, good, wrong, right.... Or even experienced. Thats why i personally believe if you are disqualified and believe its wrong, that you should appeal and recieve a third party professional opinion, just as you would do for a major medical diagnosis (even more so, since psychology is much less abstract, and based more on theory than physical evidence than Medical diagnoses.

As far as other agencies go, their free to use a DQ history against you as they see fit. I recently recieved a email from someone saying that they submitted their backround packet to an upstate agency and they reflexively moved to DQ him based off his NYPD DQ which was pending appeal. The upstate agency requested a copy of his appeal to be considered to continue processing. In the abscence of available NYPD appeal documentation it may have greatly increased the difficulty of overcoming this potential, subsuquent DQ.
                              Last edited by Vista; 06-22-2015, 09:31 AM.
                              Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                              you make up your mind.

Comment

Did you give up your quest to get on? What's your current status?
                                Im processing for another agency as well as on the list for a few others. Im going to take another NYPd Exam, but want to put some time between the last "event" that they held against me on the character investigstion and from the time id process next.

Im pretty hard too discourage.
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4512 users online. 250 members and 4262 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X