Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
    Try emailing [email protected] and write a well written letter, asking if she can provide you some insite into your current status and perhaps provide you a time frame. Also, how long have you been waiting since you first saw the psychologist?
    Thank you very much. I will try this.
    My Oral Psych Interview was at the end of March 2015, and I was given a very "Hard" deadline of 4/1/2015 to have the notarized docs faxed back to the Psy. D who interviewed me. In spite of trying to explain that some of the people she wanted docs from were hard to reach (as in on vacation, and no practicing due to retirement any longer) she wouldn't waiver on the 4/1/2015 deadline for the docs.
    I managed to get her everything she requested on time, but have since heard nothing from the Psych. eval aspect of my candidacy.
    No Hold, No denial or fail, no pass. Nothing. Even my BI is a little curious as to why I would have been given such a hard date to have the docs in by, but still not have any determination whatsoever.

I will certainly follow your advice and send the email explaining my situation.
    And thank you very much.

Ronin
    Exam : 8051
    List: 200's

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

It seems you've been placed on "Hold" by the psych unit. Time is determinately running out for you as the list you're on is due to expire and you can't take the written exam again since you reached the maximum age of 35. I have no advice to offer you on "speeding up" your review. At this point; it would be a wise and prudent move to look into employment with other police agencies out of state--if that's what you want to do. Many of them--down south and out west-- don't have any maximum age limits for entry level employment.

Otherwise; if you want to remain in New York State. There are other law enforcement positions-- corrections,courts,probation, and parole -- that don't have any maximum age limits. July is less than three weeks away and if you don't get approved by the psych unit you won't be attending the academy class. Good Luck!
      According to my BI, there has been NO determination from the Psych Unit at all. No Hold, No fail, No pass, nothing.
      Exam : 8051
      List: 200's

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronin Prospect View Post
        According to my BI, there has been NO determination from the Psych Unit at all. No Hold, No fail, No pass, nothing.

That does not help your situation. You are pretty much in a state of limbo in a chaotic, unreliable bureaucracy.

Comment

• RONIN PROSPECT:

In a similar situation as you. Have not reached maximum age yet (though not too far from it), exam is newer and will not expire after July academy, but I am definitely having trouble with getting in contact, or getting a definitive response. To this day, have yet to receive a single phone call back after the messages I've left over the last 2 months. Appear to still be in a "discontinued" status even though my documents had been sent in time. My BI is aces -- timely communication and very professional, but hands are tied with regards to psych process. PM me if you'd like.

Comment

• Hey guys, definitely great info here. I have a few concerns that I am completely lost on.

Firstly, I've completed all steps except the mini-med. I was placed on Psych review, due to me needing to turn in my college transcripts and a Military discplinary record. I turned in the transcripts the next day but The Military records took almost 3 months to get mailed to the Doc, but in between then me and him emailed constantly back and forth. When I was finally able to deliver, he told me that it should be sufficient, but he was waiting on other info. I asked if it was something I could provide or request and he coldly told me no. I've noticed other people on my exam clearing the mini-med, so I called candidate relations to see if I was scheduled yet and they told me my process was discontinued due to psych.

My concern is what exactly does that mean? Does the Doc need to review my file with a superior now? Am I DQ'ed? I don't want to email him again to pressure him, and I don't want to inquire with the psych dept. and go above his head either. Quite a dilemma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_perez View Post
              Hey guys, definitely great info here. I have a few concerns that I am completely lost on.

Firstly, I've completed all steps except the mini-med. I was placed on Psych review, due to me needing to turn in my college transcripts and a Military discplinary record. I turned in the transcripts the next day but The Military records took almost 3 months to get mailed to the Doc, but in between then me and him emailed constantly back and forth. When I was finally able to deliver, he told me that it should be sufficient, but he was waiting on other info. I asked if it was something I could provide or request and he coldly told me no. I've noticed other people on my exam clearing the mini-med, so I called candidate relations to see if I was scheduled yet and they told me my process was discontinued due to psych.

My concern is what exactly does that mean? Does the Doc need to review my file with a superior now? Am I DQ'ed? I don't want to email him again to pressure him, and I don't want to inquire with the psych dept. and go above his head either. Quite a dilemma.
              Objectively, by reading your post; you're in the process of being disqualified and removed off the civil service list. It is not the purview of the NYPD psych unit to tell you this. They merely forward their findings to the APD and NYPD then sends you a proposed "letter of disqualification" based on psych issues. Where you the subject of disciplinary action by the military?

Comment

Hey guys, definitely great info here. I have a few concerns that I am completely lost on.

Discontinued means your case was closed out. Need to reopen. Call case mgt
                Problems with a psych exam?
                Have an upcoming
                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.
                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Objectively, by reading your post; you're in the process of being disqualified and removed off the civil service list. It is not the purview of the NYPD psych unit to tell you this. They merely forward their findings to the APD and NYPD then sends you a proposed "letter of disqualification" based on psych issues. Where you the subject of disciplinary action by the military?
                  Discontinued and "review" are different. Disocontinued usually means they closed oit the case because they were misisng paperwork or they candidate was unresponsive. I believe he can reopen and should call his investigator
                  Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.

Comment

You are not DQ. You should inquire with your investigator, and definitely call psych services as well.
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                      You are not DQ. You should inquire with your investigator, and definitely call psych services as well.

Unfortunately, the hiring process of NYPD appears to be a bureaucratic nightmare for many. Way too much emphasis is placed on psychological evaluations which, at best, is only an art and not an exact science.

Comment

Unfortunately, the hiring process of NYPD appears to be a bureaucratic nightmare for many. Way too much emphasis is placed on psychological evaluations which, at best, is only an art and not an exact science.
                        Yessir. A pseudoscience.
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• I had my psychological oral interview in early April and haven't heard anything back yet. I contacted my investigator back in March and she just got back to me about 3 weeks ago saying she would contact me soon to set up an interview.

Is there a number I can contact to see if I was disqualified or something? I had to get documentation from a hospital visit from one time I was brought to the hospital for drinking when I was in my teens (did not have alcohol poisoning) and that was more or less my only blemish so I'm not entirely sure what's taking so long.

Any help on who I can contact would be appreciated.

Comment

• Exam 1320 here holding on. I got the who gives a **** letter January 2015 and now I'm just waiting endlessly for the civil service to hopefully over turn the nypds decision. anybody on the same boat as me?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay91 View Post
                              Exam 1320 here holding on. I got the who gives a **** letter January 2015 and now I'm just waiting endlessly for the civil service to hopefully over turn the nypds decision. anybody on the same boat as me?
                              Hopefully, the CSC will overturn your psych DQ and restore your name to the list of eligibles but you should be aware that NYPD is under no obligation to hire you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
                                I had my psychological oral interview in early April and haven't heard anything back yet. I contacted my investigator back in March and she just got back to me about 3 weeks ago saying she would contact me soon to set up an interview.

Is there a number I can contact to see if I was disqualified or something? I had to get documentation from a hospital visit from one time I was brought to the hospital for drinking when I was in my teens (did not have alcohol poisoning) and that was more or less my only blemish so I'm not entirely sure what's taking so long.

Any help on who I can contact would be appreciated.
                                The hiring process of NYPD from taking the written exam to actually being hired is averaging three years from what I am reading on these boards. It is a slow, arduous, difficult process that eliminates an unusually large percentage of aspiring candidates for one reason or another. Patience is a virtue in this business so you might want to look into other law enforcement employment opportunities upstate and out-of-state.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9717 users online. 455 members and 9262 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X