Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey guys, I wanted to update you on my situation. I received a proposed dq letter from psych the end last year. At that time I hired an outside psych for reevaluation and also an attorney to handle this matter.

    Moving forward, I had a follow up interview with psych on May 20th and I think it went well. I haven't done my mini medical or agility yet. I wonder how long it'll take psych to clear me. I called their office a couple times but I wasn't able to get anyone. By the way my exam # is 2311.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
      Hey guys, I wanted to update you on my situation. I received a proposed dq letter from psych the end last year. At that time I hired an outside psych for reevaluation and also an attorney to handle this matter.

      Moving forward, I had a follow up interview with psych on May 20th and I think it went well. I haven't done my mini medical or agility yet. I wonder how long it'll take psych to clear me. I called their office a couple times but I wasn't able to get anyone. By the way my exam # is 2311.
      It took them 4 months from the second interview to get cleared. A second interview is a GREAT thing. It means the nypd is on the fence about their decidion. Who did you use too appeal?
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


      If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



      Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

      Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ronin Prospect View Post
        I Posted this in another part of the forum, but I'm not getting any answers.
        Perhaps you guys can shed some light on my situation.

        Hello All,

        Been a long time silent follower of this forum and have always been impressed by the informative and quick help and advice given here, so I had a few questions.

        I've done most of what needs to be done and I'm still hopeful of getting into the July 2015 academy class.
        My BI has everything that's been requested.
        Took a lot of work but I got my 60 credits and GPA of 2.0 done recently.

        JST, Med, all good.
        Haven't gotten my Mini-Med letter and my concern is with my Psych eval.

        When I took my Oral psysh the Dr. requested a couple notarized letters regarding a couple visits I've had with therapists in the past.
        One was as a child after parents divorcing, and another was a session of couples counseling I initiated to improve communication with my spouse.
        All the documents requested were received by the Psychologist who interviewed me on time, but my BI says that they have not received any word from the psych dept. on my file. (No Pass, no fail, no review status, nothing)

        Basically I'm in limbo here. And have been told by my BI that's there is nothing they can do on their end to speed the psych dept along.
        I'm on the old side and this is my last chance for an academy ticket as my exam will expire before the next class in January 2016, and I'll be too old to retake the test. I'm in great shape and have a lot of life experience so I've been told my age is not a factor in the current decision.

        I recently sent a registered letter to the Psychologist who interviewed me, with hard copies of the documents she asked me to fax her (Which again were all notarized and faxed before the deadline, with acknowledgement of receipt on time) with a note asking if there was anything else I might do to help the process along. Stating that "Maybe you wanted the hard copies for your records" as a way to inquire about my Psych eval status without being pushy.

        Any advice as to how I may find out what the hold up is would be appreciated.
        Also, my Psych interviewer was pretty far along in a term pregnancy, so is there a chance she is out on maternity leave and my file has been misplaced, or backlogged?
        If so is there a way to inquire about this without overstepping any bounds or jeopardizing my candidacy? (I know its a touchy subject)

        Again, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

        Ronin
        Try emailing [email protected] and write a well written letter, asking if she can provide you some insite into your current status and perhaps provide you a time frame. Also, how long have you been waiting since you first saw the psychologist?
        Last edited by Vista; 06-10-2015, 07:35 PM.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


        If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



        Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

        Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
          What's your email?
          [email protected]
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


          If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



          Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

          Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Vista View Post
            It took them 4 months from the second interview to get cleared. A second interview is a GREAT thing. It means the nypd is on the fence about their decidion. Who did you use too appeal?
            Hey Vista, thanks for that info. I hired Mark Lerner and Rob Kronenberg. They did a great job and I also recommend their services.

            Also, In the beginning of this year, I started my investigation process with NYC DOC. I successfully completed the medical, physical, drug, and psych (written/oral). I am scheduled to start the academy in August. Does anyone know if I can switch over to PD from CO if and when the time comes?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
              Hey Vista, thanks for that info. I hired Mark Lerner and Rob Kronenberg. They did a great job and I also recommend their services.

              Also, In the bedginning of this year, I started my investigation process with NYC DOC. I successfully completed the medical, physical, drug, and psych (written/oral). I am scheduled to start the academy in August. Does anyone know if I can switch over to PD from CO if and when the time comes?
              No you dont just transfer over. You do the process like everyone else. Mini med jst etc.

              Good luck.
              New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

              Comment


              • Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
                Hey Vista, thanks for that info. I hired Mark Lerner and Rob Kronenberg. They did a great job and I also recommend their services.

                Also, In the beginning of this year, I started my investigation process with NYC DOC. I successfully completed the medical, physical, drug, and psych (written/oral). I am scheduled to start the academy in August. Does anyone know if I can switch over to PD from CO if and when the time comes?
                You have to begin the entire hiring process again with NYPD from start to finish like any other candidate.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ronin Prospect View Post
                  I Posted this in another part of the forum, but I'm not getting any answers.
                  Perhaps you guys can shed some light on my situation.

                  Hello All,

                  Been a long time silent follower of this forum and have always been impressed by the informative and quick help and advice given here, so I had a few questions.

                  I've done most of what needs to be done and I'm still hopeful of getting into the July 2015 academy class.
                  My BI has everything that's been requested.
                  Took a lot of work but I got my 60 credits and GPA of 2.0 done recently.

                  JST, Med, all good.
                  Haven't gotten my Mini-Med letter and my concern is with my Psych eval.

                  When I took my Oral psysh the Dr. requested a couple notarized letters regarding a couple visits I've had with therapists in the past.
                  One was as a child after parents divorcing, and another was a session of couples counseling I initiated to improve communication with my spouse.
                  All the documents requested were received by the Psychologist who interviewed me on time, but my BI says that they have not received any word from the psych dept. on my file. (No Pass, no fail, no review status, nothing)

                  Basically I'm in limbo here. And have been told by my BI that's there is nothing they can do on their end to speed the psych dept along.
                  I'm on the old side and this is my last chance for an academy ticket as my exam will expire before the next class in January 2016, and I'll be too old to retake the test. I'm in great shape and have a lot of life experience so I've been told my age is not a factor in the current decision.

                  I recently sent a registered letter to the Psychologist who interviewed me, with hard copies of the documents she asked me to fax her (Which again were all notarized and faxed before the deadline, with acknowledgement of receipt on time) with a note asking if there was anything else I might do to help the process along. Stating that "Maybe you wanted the hard copies for your records" as a way to inquire about my Psych eval status without being pushy.

                  Any advice as to how I may find out what the hold up is would be appreciated.
                  Also, my Psych interviewer was pretty far along in a term pregnancy, so is there a chance she is out on maternity leave and my file has been misplaced, or backlogged?
                  If so is there a way to inquire about this without overstepping any bounds or jeopardizing my candidacy? (I know its a touchy subject)

                  Again, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

                  Ronin

                  It seems you've been placed on "Hold" by the psych unit. Time is determinately running out for you as the list you're on is due to expire and you can't take the written exam again since you reached the maximum age of 35. I have no advice to offer you on "speeding up" your review. At this point; it would be a wise and prudent move to look into employment with other police agencies out of state--if that's what you want to do. Many of them--down south and out west-- don't have any maximum age limits for entry level employment.

                  Otherwise; if you want to remain in New York State. There are other law enforcement positions-- corrections,courts,probation, and parole -- that don't have any maximum age limits. July is less than three weeks away and if you don't get approved by the psych unit you won't be attending the academy class. Good Luck!

                  Comment


                  • Thanks for the responses. What I meant to ask was, If I were to start the academy to become a CO and during that time while in the academy If I were to receive a testing date(s) for the jst and mini med for the PD process, Will I be allowed to take a day off from the academy to take the remaining tests ?
                    Last edited by s2khybrid; 06-10-2015, 06:58 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
                      Hey Vista, thanks for that info. I hired Mark Lerner and Rob Kronenberg. They did a great job and I also recommend their services.

                      Also, In the beginning of this year, I started my investigation process with NYC DOC. I successfully completed the medical, physical, drug, and psych (written/oral). I am scheduled to start the academy in August. Does anyone know if I can switch over to PD from CO if and when the time comes?
                      Their good people; very well spoke and they sure can write. I actually got my agency psych report and notes from Rob; and personally read them. It was amazing how poorly written and vague the report was, and how detailed and well written Marks was. Who did your second interview at NYPD? (And, me as well as another friend were both cleared by them after appeal and a second intervieW)
                      Problems with a psych exam?
                      Have an upcoming
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                      If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.
                      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                      Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                      Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
                        Thanks for the responses. What I meant to ask was, If I were to start the academy to become a CO and during that time while in the academy If I were to receive a testing date(s) for the jst and mini med for the PD process, Will I be allowed to take a day off from the academy to take the remaining tests ?
                        You could see if scheduling could get you in on the same day for those. Id leave DOC for nypd any day.
                        Problems with a psych exam?
                        Have an upcoming
                        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                        If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.
                        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                        Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                        Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
                          Thanks for the responses. What I meant to ask was, If I were to start the academy to become a CO and during that time while in the academy If I were to receive a testing date(s) for the jst and mini med for the PD process, Will I be allowed to take a day off from the academy to take the remaining tests ?
                          I would assume so. Just be sure to show whoever is running the correction academy notice of pending appearances needed for NYPD processing.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Vista View Post
                            You could see if scheduling could get you in on the same day for those. Id leave DOC for nypd any day.
                            Most likely, he'd be granted the day off for NYPD processing. Unfortunately, NYPD does not work around the convenience and/or schedule of the applicant.

                            Comment


                            • Thanks again for the responses. Vista, my psych follow up interview was with an older psychologist named Dr. White.
                              Last edited by s2khybrid; 06-11-2015, 09:55 AM. Reason: Wording

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
                                Thanks again for the responses. Vista, my psych follow up interview was with an older psychologist named Dr. White.
                                Good luck- what was robs opinion of em? Pm me if u. Want i know he can be quite candid lol
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                                If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                                Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                                Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8814 users online. 439 members and 8375 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X