Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jay_perez View Post
    Hey guys, definitely great info here. I have a few concerns that I am completely lost on.

Firstly, I've completed all steps except the mini-med. I was placed on Psych review, due to me needing to turn in my college transcripts and a Military discplinary record. I turned in the transcripts the next day but The Military records took almost 3 months to get mailed to the Doc, but in between then me and him emailed constantly back and forth. When I was finally able to deliver, he told me that it should be sufficient, but he was waiting on other info. I asked if it was something I could provide or request and he coldly told me no. I've noticed other people on my exam clearing the mini-med, so I called candidate relations to see if I was scheduled yet and they told me my process was discontinued due to psych.

My concern is what exactly does that mean? Does the Doc need to review my file with a superior now? Am I DQ'ed? I don't want to email him again to pressure him, and I don't want to inquire with the psych dept. and go above his head either. Quite a dilemma.
    Objectively, by reading your post; you're in the process of being disqualified and removed off the civil service list. It is not the purview of the NYPD psych unit to tell you this. They merely forward their findings to the APD and NYPD then sends you a proposed "letter of disqualification" based on psych issues. Where you the subject of disciplinary action by the military?

Comment

Hey guys, definitely great info here. I have a few concerns that I am completely lost on.

Firstly, I've completed all steps except the mini-med. I was placed on Psych review, due to me needing to turn in my college transcripts and a Military discplinary record. I turned in the transcripts the next day but The Military records took almost 3 months to get mailed to the Doc, but in between then me and him emailed constantly back and forth. When I was finally able to deliver, he told me that it should be sufficient, but he was waiting on other info. I asked if it was something I could provide or request and he coldly told me no. I've noticed other people on my exam clearing the mini-med, so I called candidate relations to see if I was scheduled yet and they told me my process was discontinued due to psych.

My concern is what exactly does that mean? Does the Doc need to review my file with a superior now? Am I DQ'ed? I don't want to email him again to pressure him, and I don't want to inquire with the psych dept. and go above his head either. Quite a dilemma.
      Discontinued means your case was closed out. Need to reopen. Call case mgt
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
        Objectively, by reading your post; you're in the process of being disqualified and removed off the civil service list. It is not the purview of the NYPD psych unit to tell you this. They merely forward their findings to the APD and NYPD then sends you a proposed "letter of disqualification" based on psych issues. Where you the subject of disciplinary action by the military?
        Discontinued and "review" are different. Disocontinued usually means they closed oit the case because they were misisng paperwork or they candidate was unresponsive. I believe he can reopen and should call his investigator
        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.

Comment

You are not DQ. You should inquire with your investigator, and definitely call psych services as well.
          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
            You are not DQ. You should inquire with your investigator, and definitely call psych services as well.

Unfortunately, the hiring process of NYPD appears to be a bureaucratic nightmare for many. Way too much emphasis is placed on psychological evaluations which, at best, is only an art and not an exact science.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Unfortunately, the hiring process of NYPD appears to be a bureaucratic nightmare for many. Way too much emphasis is placed on psychological evaluations which, at best, is only an art and not an exact science.
              Yessir. A pseudoscience.
              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• I had my psychological oral interview in early April and haven't heard anything back yet. I contacted my investigator back in March and she just got back to me about 3 weeks ago saying she would contact me soon to set up an interview.

Is there a number I can contact to see if I was disqualified or something? I had to get documentation from a hospital visit from one time I was brought to the hospital for drinking when I was in my teens (did not have alcohol poisoning) and that was more or less my only blemish so I'm not entirely sure what's taking so long.

Any help on who I can contact would be appreciated.

Comment

• Exam 1320 here holding on. I got the who gives a **** letter January 2015 and now I'm just waiting endlessly for the civil service to hopefully over turn the nypds decision. anybody on the same boat as me?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay91 View Post
                    Exam 1320 here holding on. I got the who gives a **** letter January 2015 and now I'm just waiting endlessly for the civil service to hopefully over turn the nypds decision. anybody on the same boat as me?
                    Hopefully, the CSC will overturn your psych DQ and restore your name to the list of eligibles but you should be aware that NYPD is under no obligation to hire you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
                      I had my psychological oral interview in early April and haven't heard anything back yet. I contacted my investigator back in March and she just got back to me about 3 weeks ago saying she would contact me soon to set up an interview.

Is there a number I can contact to see if I was disqualified or something? I had to get documentation from a hospital visit from one time I was brought to the hospital for drinking when I was in my teens (did not have alcohol poisoning) and that was more or less my only blemish so I'm not entirely sure what's taking so long.

Any help on who I can contact would be appreciated.
                      The hiring process of NYPD from taking the written exam to actually being hired is averaging three years from what I am reading on these boards. It is a slow, arduous, difficult process that eliminates an unusually large percentage of aspiring candidates for one reason or another. Patience is a virtue in this business so you might want to look into other law enforcement employment opportunities upstate and out-of-state.

Comment

• yeah I know. it sucks the NYPD rather hire people who are just becoming cops for benefits over people who actually want to do it. Hopefully the NYPD lightens up with the hiring especially after the recent controversy.

Comment

yeah I know. it sucks the NYPD rather hire people who are just becoming cops for benefits over people who actually want to do it. Hopefully the NYPD lightens up with the hiring especially after the recent controversy.

I doubt it. NYPD has a tendency to eliminate candidates for the least little negativity in their background. They don't seem to weigh the good.......only the bad. This is done on the pretense that criminal or employment misconduct and/or incompetency will repeat itself.

The APD goes by NYPD hiring and retention guidelines which lists various negative conduct scenarios that will lead to non-selection and removal off the civil service list.
                          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 06-19-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• yeah but i know people on the job with crazy history. I know some people who got arrested and all they had to do was write a essay on why they should be selected where as others like me are getting disqualified for minor things

Comment

• has anybody tried contacting civil service to see where they are at with the appeals process?

Comment

Exam 1320 here holding on. I got the who gives a **** letter January 2015 and now I'm just waiting endlessly for the civil service to hopefully over turn the nypds decision. anybody on the same boat as me?
                                Its a sllloowww process. If i remember correctly it took about 7 months for civil service to decide my second appeal.

I wouldnt call- it wont get you anywhere. They wont tell you anything. As soon as a decision comes in, they will notify both you and Rob / Your Attorney both VIA mail.

I know they got a few notifications earlier this week that a few candidates were reinstated / won their appeals.
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5980 users online. 395 members and 5585 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X