Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BK8675309 View Post
    Does anyone have any tips on how to get through to someone in Psych Services? They discontinued my case pending documents be sent to them, which I had faced over a day later. Have not even been able to get a confirmation that the documents were received. Left several voicemails, even one day an officer answered the phone and took down my info /message, but still nothing. Any insight or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated...

The phone number you have...replace the last digit of the number with a 9.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
      What kind of questions do they ask in psych test? Scared about this. I'm probably over thinking it.
      They ask whatever they want based off your written, your personal historyand what you tell them. I.e- they asked me if my pRents had health insurance (really?) Honestly dude, check out the link in my signature. Theirs a website there, Law Enforcement Peptalk- those guys are pretty damn helpful.
      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.

Comment

• So I've been reading through the questions and I have one that not sure if it's been asked or if anyone has gone through it. I am currently appealing the psych dq to the civil service commission. As of the other day it's still pending and they have not received the nypd's documentation. I was told that they were supposed to have the documents over to the commission within 60 days of the appeal, and that on occasion the commission can make a decision with out the agency's documents.

My question is two fold.
        1) how long is it roughly from submitting the appeal to civil service to getting a response?
        2) has anyone had a dq overturned because of the agency failing to submit documents?

Hope this all makes sense and hopefully someone has the answers

Comment

• Originally posted by MosNY View Post
          Can someone get scheduled for a mini medical and still be on review?
          Yes
          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by boconnor View Post
            So I've been reading through the questions and I have one that not sure if it's been asked or if anyone has gone through it. I am currently appealing the psych dq to the civil service commission. As of the other day it's still pending and they have not received the nypd's documentation. I was told that they were supposed to have the documents over to the commission within 60 days of the appeal, and that on occasion the commission can make a decision with out the agency's documents.

My question is two fold.
            1) how long is it roughly from submitting the appeal to civil service to getting a response?
            2) has anyone had a dq overturned because of the agency failing to submit documents?

Hope this all makes sense and hopefully someone has the answers
            You should definitiley call Rob and let him know about this. He will likely send a letter asking that the commision make a determination. He also reccomends you not call or bother civil service commision (but i did)

Civil Service Commision works slowly. They handle many cases, and many different types of cases for all of the city agencies- and, by nature city agencies tend to work slowly.

Has NYPD affirmed your DQ after your appeal was submitted (the "Who Gives a ****" letter as rob puts it?)
            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
              You should definitiley call Rob and let him know about this. He will likely send a letter asking that the commision make a determination. He also reccomends you not call or bother civil service commision (but i did)

Civil Service Commision works slowly. They handle many cases, and many different types of cases for all of the city agencies- and, by nature city agencies tend to work slowly.

Has NYPD affirmed your DQ after your appeal was submitted (the "Who Gives a ****" letter as rob puts it?)
              Yes they affirmed it about a month after the appeal was submitted. Since then no news yet.

I had only called them because I was trying to get an update as far as where it stood.

IWell send him an email today about it.thanks

Comment

Like any other agency that processes appeals,disability determinations etc--there is a huge backlog pending.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589 View Post
                  I passed my psych. I waiting my investigator to answer me. Ill have to redo my jst because it expires every 6 month and last time I took it was in May. I'll have to the mini medical too.
                  Hello bro hope all is well. I have replied to your comments but was not able to get your reply. Congrats on passing ur psych!! Can u tell me why they put u on psychreview? Thanx

Comment

• Originally posted by peacelover View Post
                    Hello bro hope all is well. I have replied to your comments but was not able to get your reply. Congrats on passing ur psych!! Can u tell me why they put u on psychreview? Thanx
                    Hey sorry havent been signing-in lately just reading forums. PM me
                    [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
                    Exam#: 2326 02/2012
                    List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
                    Medical: 3.2014
                    Written Psych: 4.2014
                    JST: 5.2014
                    Oral Psych: 5.2014
                    Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
                    Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
                    -Appealed -
                    2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
                    Mini Medical: 5.2015
                    Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
                    GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• Originally posted by boconnor View Post
                      Yes they affirmed it about a month after the appeal was submitted. Since then no news yet.

I had only called them because I was trying to get an update as far as where it stood.

IWell send him an email today about it.thanks
                      Takes a long time!
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by peacelover View Post
                        Its really pointless to know why other were placed on review; the reasons and the outcomes are inconsistent because different people get different psychologists, word stuff differently- its just too static of a process
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Its really pointless to know why other were placed on review; the reasons and the outcomes are inconsistent because different people get different psychologists, word stuff differently- its just too static of a process
                          Vista I pm'd you
                          sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
                            Vista I pm'd you
                            Your box is full! Send me n email its easier
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Your box is full! Send me n email its easier
                              What's your email?
                              sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• I Posted this in another part of the forum, but I'm not getting any answers.
                                Perhaps you guys can shed some light on my situation.

Hello All,

Been a long time silent follower of this forum and have always been impressed by the informative and quick help and advice given here, so I had a few questions.

I've done most of what needs to be done and I'm still hopeful of getting into the July 2015 academy class.
                                My BI has everything that's been requested.
                                Took a lot of work but I got my 60 credits and GPA of 2.0 done recently.

JST, Med, all good.
                                Haven't gotten my Mini-Med letter and my concern is with my Psych eval.

When I took my Oral psysh the Dr. requested a couple notarized letters regarding a couple visits I've had with therapists in the past.
                                One was as a child after parents divorcing, and another was a session of couples counseling I initiated to improve communication with my spouse.
                                All the documents requested were received by the Psychologist who interviewed me on time, but my BI says that they have not received any word from the psych dept. on my file. (No Pass, no fail, no review status, nothing)

Basically I'm in limbo here. And have been told by my BI that's there is nothing they can do on their end to speed the psych dept along.
                                I'm on the old side and this is my last chance for an academy ticket as my exam will expire before the next class in January 2016, and I'll be too old to retake the test. I'm in great shape and have a lot of life experience so I've been told my age is not a factor in the current decision.

I recently sent a registered letter to the Psychologist who interviewed me, with hard copies of the documents she asked me to fax her (Which again were all notarized and faxed before the deadline, with acknowledgement of receipt on time) with a note asking if there was anything else I might do to help the process along. Stating that "Maybe you wanted the hard copies for your records" as a way to inquire about my Psych eval status without being pushy.

Any advice as to how I may find out what the hold up is would be appreciated.
                                Also, my Psych interviewer was pretty far along in a term pregnancy, so is there a chance she is out on maternity leave and my file has been misplaced, or backlogged?
                                If so is there a way to inquire about this without overstepping any bounds or jeopardizing my candidacy? (I know its a touchy subject)

Again, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ronin
                                Exam : 8051
                                List: 200's

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4683 users online. 177 members and 4506 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X