Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
    In a case as that beyond the three year period after original appointment has passed; the municipality has TWO options. The first, and most common is Civil Service Article 75 disciplinary proceedings of 'falsified records' which can occur at anytime during one's public service career. The second scenerio is going to the Civil Service Commission requesting that the certified eligibility and appointment be revoked on the basis of fraud.

    For those hired on a probationary/provisional basis; summarily termination can take place immediately without any sort of due process.
    Yup- a probationary employee can be terminated for almost any reason. Little can be done; article 78's are rarely succesful.

    Dont need to tell you, you know your crap.
    Gettin processed for a few new jobs btw. A sherrif dept upstate, nassau doc, hopefuly obe pans out
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


    If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



    Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

    Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

    Comment


    • yeah vista it was psych. I emailed you last night. Im using Kronenberg. is there anyway of finding out the status of the appeal?
      Exam # 6315
      Orientation:
      Medical:
      Agility:
      Written Psych:
      Oral Psych:
      PE:

      Waiting impatiently..

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Vista View Post
        Yup- a probationary employee can be terminated for almost any reason. Little can be done; article 78's are rarely succesful.

        Dont need to tell you, you know your crap.
        Gettin processed for a few new jobs btw. A sherrif dept upstate, nassau doc, hopefuly obe pans out

        True. NY Courts have, in the vast majority of cases, ruled in favor of the (LE) employer noting that police and occupational peace officers are of a sensitive nature and as such MAY set forth stringent hiring and retention guidelines for the good of the service. What sheriff's office have you applied for, Vista?? You can PM me on that if you want. One word of caution for you; once you cross the Westchester Orange county boundaries in seeking minicipal public employment: it's who you are and who you know. In other words; local residents get preference in hiring.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

          True. NY Courts have, in the vast majority of cases, ruled in favor of the (LE) employer noting that police and occupational peace officers are of a sensitive nature and as such MAY set forth stringent hiring and retention guidelines for the good of the service. What sheriff's office have you applied for, Vista?? You can PM me on that if you want. One word of caution for you; once you cross the Westchester Orange county boundaries in seeking minicipal public employment: it's who you are and who you know. In other words; local residents get preference in hiring.

          Yeah. I have some hooks up there. A mutual friends a chairman of a law enforcement foundation, hes juiced up up that way.

          The courts also typically wont even modify a civil service commision determination- even if its the Appointing Agency who initiates an article 78. In my NYPD case, the lawyer informed me of the option- but said it would be costly, lengthy and a very uphill fight as the burden of proof is very high. (Unlike civil service who has a wider and more flexible degree of discretion).
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


          If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



          Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

          Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jay91 View Post
            yeah vista it was psych. I emailed you last night. Im using Kronenberg. is there anyway of finding out the status of the appeal?
            You could call NYC Civil Service Commision and they may give you some information- like if it has gone before the commision. You will get something in the mail within a few weeks of them reviewing it. Everything you get Kronenberg gets as well. (And vice versa). Hopefuly they modify the nypds determination and restore you- or at least afford you a hearing (rob's apparently very good with those and respected by CSC).

            They wont give a decision by phone. Sometimes wont even talk to you since your represented by an attorney.
            Problems with a psych exam?
            Have an upcoming
            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


            If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.
            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



            Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

            Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Vista View Post
              Yeah. I have some hooks up there. A mutual friends a chairman of a law enforcement foundation, hes juiced up up that way.

              The courts also typically wont even modify a civil service commision determination- even if its the Appointing Agency who initiates an article 78. In my NYPD case, the lawyer informed me of the option- but said it would be costly, lengthy and a very uphill fight as the burden of proof is very high. (Unlike civil service who has a wider and more flexible degree of discretion).

              But there is ONE item you did NOT mention. Yes, the Civil Service Commission can restore a DQed candidate to the list of eligibles and that's all. They, the CSC, can not order the agency to appoint or promote someone off the list. In the case of NYPD; they are known to put candidates they do not want to appoint either by disqualifying them off the list OR placing them on "indefinate" hold until the list expires.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

                But there is ONE item you did NOT mention. Yes, the Civil Service Commission can restore a DQed candidate to the list of eligibles and that's all. They, the CSC, can not order the agency to appoint or promote someone off the list. In the case of NYPD; they are known to put candidates they do not want to appoint either by disqualifying them off the list OR placing them on "indefinate" hold until the list expires.
                they have been playing the "hold" game much less lately. When commisioner wechsler took over apd he reorganized alotta stuff- one major thing he did was form a real, seperate review unit to clear these cases out (located at 120 penn ave brooklyn). Its kinda seperate from APD. Policy was- if CSC reinstated a candidate, to run them thru a backround again and if nothing changed- no new issues then they would most likely be appointed. If they REALLY dont want candidates now, they now tend to weed them out using the "1 in 3 rule" but thats alot of work too do.

                This differed from the old practice of leaving it up to the individual investigators units supervisors- where "dead cases" were "shelfed" and left too collect dust.

                Now, indefinite and last minute holds do still occur. Nothings stopping a sgt, lt or whoever from picking up a file last minute and finding something wrong right before calls go out- or saying hold this guy for xxx amount of time and reevaluate for whatever reason (often happens with borderline bad driving record cases).

                A close friend, worked in apd for about 10 months as a LT until he recently got promoted too captain- ive had long discussions with him about this.

                (Wechsler has since retired)
                Problems with a psych exam?
                Have an upcoming
                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.
                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                Comment


                • Can someone get scheduled for a mini medical and still be on review?

                  Comment


                  • I'm test 2326, list number 2XXX. I missed the January 2015 class because my Psych Eval did not process. I took the Written and Oral psych in mid-November 2014 (after I had done a JST and Mini-Med).

                    Since then, I have heard nothing from the NYPD. My investigator has been sick, and I have not spoken to her since January. I called her division, who put me in touch with the Supervisor's in March. He told me to try back in 2 weeks; when I did, he had me try back in 1 more. After it was clear she was not back at work, he told me that I would receive something soon. That was 2 weeks ago. He also told me I was on psychological review.

                    I spoke with my investigator's division - she is still out sick and I have found that some of her cases have been transferred. I PM'd the candidate relations on the NYPD trainee site and he gave me two numbers to call - both leading to no answer and full voice mails. I reached out to the supervisor again, and he said I am still on review and it has nothing to do with my investigator's absence and that I just need to wait and be patient.

                    Anyone have any experience with this? I know that i need to retake the mini-med and the JST.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by k_t041591 View Post
                      I'm test 2326, list number 2XXX. I missed the January 2015 class because my Psych Eval did not process. I took the Written and Oral psych in mid-November 2014 (after I had done a JST and Mini-Med).

                      Since then, I have heard nothing from the NYPD. My investigator has been sick, and I have not spoken to her since January. I called her division, who put me in touch with the Supervisor's in March. He told me to try back in 2 weeks; when I did, he had me try back in 1 more. After it was clear she was not back at work, he told me that I would receive something soon. That was 2 weeks ago. He also told me I was on psychological review.

                      I spoke with my investigator's division - she is still out sick and I have found that some of her cases have been transferred. I PM'd the candidate relations on the NYPD trainee site and he gave me two numbers to call - both leading to no answer and full voice mails. I reached out to the supervisor again, and he said I am still on review and it has nothing to do with my investigator's absence and that I just need to wait and be patient.

                      Anyone have any experience with this? I know that i need to retake the mini-med and the JST.
                      Yeah i have some similar experience with this... Unfortunately i went through something similar, did my psych in nov 13, placed on review, got the Notice of Proposed Disqualification in August of 14... Took almost a year for them to Do the paperwork. Since then ive appealed it and just waiting now on Civil Service.

                      If you get a call from a Lt Chapell, it usually means youve got an uphil battle in front of you. determine if this is what you want to do, and start putting some money aside just in case you want to fight it. if youd like PM me for details on how much its cost me so far.

                      Hopefully you just slipped through the cracks and youll be cleared and good to go for july.

                      Comment


                      • What kind of questions do they ask in psych test? Scared about this. I'm probably over thinking it.

                        Comment


                        • Psych questions.
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

                          Comment


                          • Does anyone have any tips on how to get through to someone in Psych Services? They discontinued my case pending documents be sent to them, which I had faced over a day later. Have not even been able to get a confirmation that the documents were received. Left several voicemails, even one day an officer answered the phone and took down my info /message, but still nothing. Any insight or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by k_t041591 View Post
                              I'm test 2326, list number 2XXX. I missed the January 2015 class because my Psych Eval did not process. I took the Written and Oral psych in mid-November 2014 (after I had done a JST and Mini-Med).

                              Since then, I have heard nothing from the NYPD. My investigator has been sick, and I have not spoken to her since January. I called her division, who put me in touch with the Supervisor's in March. He told me to try back in 2 weeks; when I did, he had me try back in 1 more. After it was clear she was not back at work, he told me that I would receive something soon. That was 2 weeks ago. He also told me I was on psychological review.

                              I spoke with my investigator's division - she is still out sick and I have found that some of her cases have been transferred. I PM'd the candidate relations on the NYPD trainee site and he gave me two numbers to call - both leading to no answer and full voice mails. I reached out to the supervisor again, and he said I am still on review and it has nothing to do with my investigator's absence and that I just need to wait and be patient.

                              Anyone have any experience with this? I know that i need to retake the mini-med and the JST.
                              If your on Psych Review, your Investigators hands are tied until Psych Services makes their decision. They may mark you Q, Call you back down for a second interview or send you a Notice of Proposed DQ (which affords you the oppurtunity too appeal by submitting outside documentation).

                              Theirs little you can do other than wait. Send me a email if you want, we can talk more
                              Problems with a psych exam?
                              Have an upcoming
                              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                              If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                              you make up your mind.
                              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                              Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                              Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BK8675309 View Post
                                Does anyone have any tips on how to get through to someone in Psych Services? They discontinued my case pending documents be sent to them, which I had faced over a day later. Have not even been able to get a confirmation that the documents were received. Left several voicemails, even one day an officer answered the phone and took down my info /message, but still nothing. Any insight or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated...

                                [email protected]

                                never fax. Always cerified mail, green return reciept.
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                                If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                                Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                                Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5169 users online. 268 members and 4901 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X