Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boconnor View Post
    So I've been reading through the questions and I have one that not sure if it's been asked or if anyone has gone through it. I am currently appealing the psych dq to the civil service commission. As of the other day it's still pending and they have not received the nypd's documentation. I was told that they were supposed to have the documents over to the commission within 60 days of the appeal, and that on occasion the commission can make a decision with out the agency's documents.

My question is two fold.
    1) how long is it roughly from submitting the appeal to civil service to getting a response?
    2) has anyone had a dq overturned because of the agency failing to submit documents?

Hope this all makes sense and hopefully someone has the answers
    You should definitiley call Rob and let him know about this. He will likely send a letter asking that the commision make a determination. He also reccomends you not call or bother civil service commision (but i did)

Civil Service Commision works slowly. They handle many cases, and many different types of cases for all of the city agencies- and, by nature city agencies tend to work slowly.

Has NYPD affirmed your DQ after your appeal was submitted (the "Who Gives a ****" letter as rob puts it?)
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      You should definitiley call Rob and let him know about this. He will likely send a letter asking that the commision make a determination. He also reccomends you not call or bother civil service commision (but i did)

Civil Service Commision works slowly. They handle many cases, and many different types of cases for all of the city agencies- and, by nature city agencies tend to work slowly.

Has NYPD affirmed your DQ after your appeal was submitted (the "Who Gives a ****" letter as rob puts it?)
      Yes they affirmed it about a month after the appeal was submitted. Since then no news yet.

I had only called them because I was trying to get an update as far as where it stood.

IWell send him an email today about it.thanks

Comment

Like any other agency that processes appeals,disability determinations etc--there is a huge backlog pending.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589
          I passed my psych. I waiting my investigator to answer me. Ill have to redo my jst because it expires every 6 month and last time I took it was in May. I'll have to the mini medical too.
          Hello bro hope all is well. I have replied to your comments but was not able to get your reply. Congrats on passing ur psych!! Can u tell me why they put u on psychreview? Thanx

Comment

• Originally posted by boconnor View Post
            Yes they affirmed it about a month after the appeal was submitted. Since then no news yet.

I had only called them because I was trying to get an update as far as where it stood.

IWell send him an email today about it.thanks
            Takes a long time!
            Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by peacelover View Post
              Hello bro hope all is well. I have replied to your comments but was not able to get your reply. Congrats on passing ur psych!! Can u tell me why they put u on psychreview? Thanx
              Its really pointless to know why other were placed on review; the reasons and the outcomes are inconsistent because different people get different psychologists, word stuff differently- its just too static of a process
              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Its really pointless to know why other were placed on review; the reasons and the outcomes are inconsistent because different people get different psychologists, word stuff differently- its just too static of a process
                Vista I pm'd you
                sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
                  Vista I pm'd you
                  Your box is full! Send me n email its easier
                  Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Your box is full! Send me n email its easier
                    What's your email?
                    sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• I Posted this in another part of the forum, but I'm not getting any answers.
                      Perhaps you guys can shed some light on my situation.

Hello All,

Been a long time silent follower of this forum and have always been impressed by the informative and quick help and advice given here, so I had a few questions.

I've done most of what needs to be done and I'm still hopeful of getting into the July 2015 academy class.
                      My BI has everything that's been requested.
                      Took a lot of work but I got my 60 credits and GPA of 2.0 done recently.

JST, Med, all good.
                      Haven't gotten my Mini-Med letter and my concern is with my Psych eval.

When I took my Oral psysh the Dr. requested a couple notarized letters regarding a couple visits I've had with therapists in the past.
                      One was as a child after parents divorcing, and another was a session of couples counseling I initiated to improve communication with my spouse.
                      All the documents requested were received by the Psychologist who interviewed me on time, but my BI says that they have not received any word from the psych dept. on my file. (No Pass, no fail, no review status, nothing)

Basically I'm in limbo here. And have been told by my BI that's there is nothing they can do on their end to speed the psych dept along.
                      I'm on the old side and this is my last chance for an academy ticket as my exam will expire before the next class in January 2016, and I'll be too old to retake the test. I'm in great shape and have a lot of life experience so I've been told my age is not a factor in the current decision.

I recently sent a registered letter to the Psychologist who interviewed me, with hard copies of the documents she asked me to fax her (Which again were all notarized and faxed before the deadline, with acknowledgement of receipt on time) with a note asking if there was anything else I might do to help the process along. Stating that "Maybe you wanted the hard copies for your records" as a way to inquire about my Psych eval status without being pushy.

Any advice as to how I may find out what the hold up is would be appreciated.
                      Also, my Psych interviewer was pretty far along in a term pregnancy, so is there a chance she is out on maternity leave and my file has been misplaced, or backlogged?
                      If so is there a way to inquire about this without overstepping any bounds or jeopardizing my candidacy? (I know its a touchy subject)

Again, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ronin
                      Exam : 8051
                      List: 200's

Comment

• Hey guys, I wanted to update you on my situation. I received a proposed dq letter from psych the end last year. At that time I hired an outside psych for reevaluation and also an attorney to handle this matter.

Moving forward, I had a follow up interview with psych on May 20th and I think it went well. I haven't done my mini medical or agility yet. I wonder how long it'll take psych to clear me. I called their office a couple times but I wasn't able to get anyone. By the way my exam # is 2311.

Comment

• Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
                          Hey guys, I wanted to update you on my situation. I received a proposed dq letter from psych the end last year. At that time I hired an outside psych for reevaluation and also an attorney to handle this matter.

Moving forward, I had a follow up interview with psych on May 20th and I think it went well. I haven't done my mini medical or agility yet. I wonder how long it'll take psych to clear me. I called their office a couple times but I wasn't able to get anyone. By the way my exam # is 2311.
                          It took them 4 months from the second interview to get cleared. A second interview is a GREAT thing. It means the nypd is on the fence about their decidion. Who did you use too appeal?
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronin Prospect View Post
                            I Posted this in another part of the forum, but I'm not getting any answers.
                            Perhaps you guys can shed some light on my situation.

Hello All,

Been a long time silent follower of this forum and have always been impressed by the informative and quick help and advice given here, so I had a few questions.

I've done most of what needs to be done and I'm still hopeful of getting into the July 2015 academy class.
                            My BI has everything that's been requested.
                            Took a lot of work but I got my 60 credits and GPA of 2.0 done recently.

JST, Med, all good.
                            Haven't gotten my Mini-Med letter and my concern is with my Psych eval.

When I took my Oral psysh the Dr. requested a couple notarized letters regarding a couple visits I've had with therapists in the past.
                            One was as a child after parents divorcing, and another was a session of couples counseling I initiated to improve communication with my spouse.
                            All the documents requested were received by the Psychologist who interviewed me on time, but my BI says that they have not received any word from the psych dept. on my file. (No Pass, no fail, no review status, nothing)

Basically I'm in limbo here. And have been told by my BI that's there is nothing they can do on their end to speed the psych dept along.
                            I'm on the old side and this is my last chance for an academy ticket as my exam will expire before the next class in January 2016, and I'll be too old to retake the test. I'm in great shape and have a lot of life experience so I've been told my age is not a factor in the current decision.

I recently sent a registered letter to the Psychologist who interviewed me, with hard copies of the documents she asked me to fax her (Which again were all notarized and faxed before the deadline, with acknowledgement of receipt on time) with a note asking if there was anything else I might do to help the process along. Stating that "Maybe you wanted the hard copies for your records" as a way to inquire about my Psych eval status without being pushy.

Any advice as to how I may find out what the hold up is would be appreciated.
                            Also, my Psych interviewer was pretty far along in a term pregnancy, so is there a chance she is out on maternity leave and my file has been misplaced, or backlogged?
                            If so is there a way to inquire about this without overstepping any bounds or jeopardizing my candidacy? (I know its a touchy subject)

Again, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ronin
                            Try emailing [email protected] and write a well written letter, asking if she can provide you some insite into your current status and perhaps provide you a time frame. Also, how long have you been waiting since you first saw the psychologist?
                            Last edited by Vista; 06-10-2015, 07:35 PM.
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
                              What's your email?
                              [email protected]
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

It took them 4 months from the second interview to get cleared. A second interview is a GREAT thing. It means the nypd is on the fence about their decidion. Who did you use too appeal?
                                Hey Vista, thanks for that info. I hired Mark Lerner and Rob Kronenberg. They did a great job and I also recommend their services.

Also, In the beginning of this year, I started my investigation process with NYC DOC. I successfully completed the medical, physical, drug, and psych (written/oral). I am scheduled to start the academy in August. Does anyone know if I can switch over to PD from CO if and when the time comes?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6413 users online. 403 members and 6010 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X