Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Toxicity4 View Post
    Havent been on in a while. My friend failed the psych exam for PD but since has been on with DOC for about 5 years. They just called him to process for PD again should he go through with it or not?
    Go for it...he has nothing to lose.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      Go for it...he has nothing to lose.
      He was 21 at the time hes 26 he has no tickets or arrests in his life time im guessing they disqualified him for being immature... U think he has a shot?
      FDNY

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Toxicity4 View Post
        He was 21 at the time hes 26 he has no tickets or arrests in his life time im guessing they disqualified him for being immature... U think he has a shot?

        If he has a good work record at DOC i.e. no disciplinary charges; I would think so.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Toxicity4 View Post
          Havent been on in a while. My friend failed the psych exam for PD but since has been on with DOC for about 5 years. They just called him to process for PD again should he go through with it or not?
          absolutely
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


          If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



          Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

          Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

            Even if you clear the probationary period; there is a three year time frame window from the date of appointment in which you can be terminated for "negative" background issues which were NOT known at the time of the original appointment. However; if it involves an omission of material fact [falsified statements] by the applicant--then termination from public employment can occur at any time.


            In addition to termination; the person making the false statement or omission on a public service employment application opens him or her self open to possible criminal charges and prosecution.

            Exactly. they yank guys outta thr academy all the time.
            Problems with a psych exam?
            Have an upcoming
            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


            If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.
            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



            Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

            Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Toxicity4 View Post
              He was 21 at the time hes 26 he has no tickets or arrests in his life time im guessing they disqualified him for being immature... U think he has a shot?
              Yes he does. The vintage and frequency of the circumstances that led to his prior DQ are seriously weighed. He will want to show how his life has changed- etc.

              Send me a Email if you want, its hard to type on here on my phone. Its impossible to know why he was originally DQ'd- unless he had appealed and recieved his file. Its often not what you think or not just what you think.

              Matt
              Problems with a psych exam?
              Have an upcoming
              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


              If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
              you make up your mind.
              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



              Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

              Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Vista View Post
                Exactly. they yank guys outta thr academy all the time.
                That's called summarily dismissal. Reason given: Falsification of records. Worse than being disqualified off the list and signals the end of the line for that individual being employed by the City or state government.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  That's called summarily dismissal. Reason given: Falsification of records. Worse than being disqualified off the list and signals the end of the line for that individual being employed by the City or state government.
                  Even getting caught in a lie and DQ over it is hard to overcome.

                  I read a case where the city terminated a PO even after the three years for not disclosing adolescent psychtrrstmenr. I believe he was 15 year vet; civil service reinstated him, nypd filed an article 78, and lost
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                  If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                  Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                  Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Vista View Post
                    Even getting caught in a lie and DQ over it is hard to overcome.

                    I read a case where the city terminated a PO even after the three years for not disclosing adolescent psychtrrstmenr. I believe he was 15 year vet; civil service reinstated him, nypd filed an article 78, and lost
                    In a case as that beyond the three year period after original appointment has passed; the municipality has TWO options. The first, and most common is Civil Service Article 75 disciplinary proceedings of 'falsified records' which can occur at anytime during one's public service career. The second scenerio is going to the Civil Service Commission requesting that the certified eligibility and appointment be revoked on the basis of fraud.

                    For those hired on a probationary/provisional basis; summarily termination can take place immediately without any sort of due process.

                    Comment


                    • anybody waiting to hear back from civil service commission? I've been waiting for almost 8 months.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jay91 View Post
                        anybody waiting to hear back from civil service commission? I've been waiting for almost 8 months.
                        It takes a while. I think it was about 9 mo ths from the time the NYPD affirmed my DQ to the time civil service entered a decision.

                        Was it a psych dq? Who did you use?
                        Problems with a psych exam?
                        Have an upcoming
                        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                        If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.
                        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                        Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                        Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                          In a case as that beyond the three year period after original appointment has passed; the municipality has TWO options. The first, and most common is Civil Service Article 75 disciplinary proceedings of 'falsified records' which can occur at anytime during one's public service career. The second scenerio is going to the Civil Service Commission requesting that the certified eligibility and appointment be revoked on the basis of fraud.

                          For those hired on a probationary/provisional basis; summarily termination can take place immediately without any sort of due process.
                          Yup- a probationary employee can be terminated for almost any reason. Little can be done; article 78's are rarely succesful.

                          Dont need to tell you, you know your crap.
                          Gettin processed for a few new jobs btw. A sherrif dept upstate, nassau doc, hopefuly obe pans out
                          Problems with a psych exam?
                          Have an upcoming
                          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                          If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                          you make up your mind.
                          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                          Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                          Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                          Comment


                          • yeah vista it was psych. I emailed you last night. Im using Kronenberg. is there anyway of finding out the status of the appeal?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              Yup- a probationary employee can be terminated for almost any reason. Little can be done; article 78's are rarely succesful.

                              Dont need to tell you, you know your crap.
                              Gettin processed for a few new jobs btw. A sherrif dept upstate, nassau doc, hopefuly obe pans out

                              True. NY Courts have, in the vast majority of cases, ruled in favor of the (LE) employer noting that police and occupational peace officers are of a sensitive nature and as such MAY set forth stringent hiring and retention guidelines for the good of the service. What sheriff's office have you applied for, Vista?? You can PM me on that if you want. One word of caution for you; once you cross the Westchester Orange county boundaries in seeking minicipal public employment: it's who you are and who you know. In other words; local residents get preference in hiring.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

                                True. NY Courts have, in the vast majority of cases, ruled in favor of the (LE) employer noting that police and occupational peace officers are of a sensitive nature and as such MAY set forth stringent hiring and retention guidelines for the good of the service. What sheriff's office have you applied for, Vista?? You can PM me on that if you want. One word of caution for you; once you cross the Westchester Orange county boundaries in seeking minicipal public employment: it's who you are and who you know. In other words; local residents get preference in hiring.

                                Yeah. I have some hooks up there. A mutual friends a chairman of a law enforcement foundation, hes juiced up up that way.

                                The courts also typically wont even modify a civil service commision determination- even if its the Appointing Agency who initiates an article 78. In my NYPD case, the lawyer informed me of the option- but said it would be costly, lengthy and a very uphill fight as the burden of proof is very high. (Unlike civil service who has a wider and more flexible degree of discretion).
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                                If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                                Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                                Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3023 users online. 231 members and 2792 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X