Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boog View Post
    How long can someone be on review? I'm going on 10 months now.
    Email me.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by skylinegtr12 View Post
      Did you wait for the letter to come or not.
      You must wait for a notice of proposed dq before you can make a move.
      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
        Glad to see you were succesful- I heard he writes a good report. But, as far as him being the director- he was the interim director only for a few weeks many yeard ago. Much has changed since then, nevermind recebtlt. I wasnt fond of his curt and abrupt personality- wasnt open too questions before he met you. Also thought to my self that just because he was a NYPD Psychologist doesnt mean he is any good. In fact alls it means is he was a psychologist who took a civil service exam. Also didnt like that he isnt local- he lives in like Michigan and flys in for these cases. But either way, the guys i used spoke well of him. I reccommend you speak to a few before commiting.

Also, if your on REVIEW- it can take many months before theirs any movement. I wouldnt reccomend nagging psych services, and your investigator has no knowledge or influence over the Psych Service divisions decision so dont aggrevate them either.

Maybe one follow up letter addressed to your Investigator and CC'd to the Psych Services Division Director Thanking them for their time seeing you, and that anything you can do to help them do their job, for them to let you know. Dont call and nag them. They likely submitted their report and its in queue for a supervisors "review".

And i cant stress this enough; any documentation that gets sent too them that they ask for. Certified mail, return refiept requested. USPS "Green Card". That way theirs zero wuestions as to whether they got it.
        Honestly I don't know but his office does look like he was a director to me. He was a few things in his office from APD. I had no problems at all and everything went fine. I passed my psych without a lawyer being involved.
        [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
        Exam#: 2326 02/2012
        List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
        Medical: 3.2014
        Written Psych: 4.2014
        JST: 5.2014
        Oral Psych: 5.2014
        Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
        Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
        -Appealed -
        2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
        Mini Medical: 5.2015
        Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
        GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589 View Post
          Honestly I don't know but his office does look like he was a director to me. He was a few things in his office from APD. I had no problems at all and everything went fine. I passed my psych without a lawyer being involved.
          He definately worked for psych services and was a supervisor for many years. But was only an interim director briefly.

With that said, the guys i used actually had nothing bad to say about him. I just disliked his mannerisms.
          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack_rubix View Post
            This is my first time going to the Written Psych. how does the process work once you taken the written psych?. Do they ask for your medical records at the oral psych? OR do they just evaluate you on written psych and if everything is good to go , then there's no need for medical records?.
            Dont lie, answer truthfully on the written. Also look into www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com - their very helpful in preperation of psychological evaluations.
            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589 View Post
              They will give you an appointment for the oral at the written. At the oral I believe they will only ask for records if you been to a psych before or things like that. If not usually they evaluate you based on what you answered.
              They sometimes even do the oral or give you the option to do the oral the sAme day. I reccomend you do it another day. Go into the oral relaxed, rested and with a clear mind.

Also be prepared for your written with all your arrests, summonses, work and school history. Dont try and "fake good" the srotten. Answer honestly. Their not looking for perfection, but normalcy.

but use your head they dont have a crystal ball.
              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• How long to be taken off psych review after requested paperwork is handed in and confirmed handed in? Anyone been in this situation?

Comment

• I've been on Psych Review for almost a year. Just got a letter for the JST.

I guess I'll call Candidate Relations or email my BI to see if I'm cleared.

I honestly thought I was done. I'm on Exam 2311.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
                    I've been on Psych Review for almost a year. Just got a letter for the JST.

Hope your all clear man, best of luck

Comment

• Thank you MLNY95

Comment

• Good for you man keep us updated no idea they just clear people like that.
                        Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
                        I've been on Psych Review for almost a year. Just got a letter for the JST.

NYCDOC AMKC

Comment

• Hi LongIsland7,

I originally passed the Psych, but was called back in for a second Psych interview after the Psych compared notes with my BI.

I've been on Psych Review ever since (March '14). The Psych supervisor must of received my paperwork recently and passed me.

Honestly, I was under review for something that was quite minor. But figured I was a goner because I was under review for so long.

I'll call CR tomorrow and see if I'm off review. I'll keep you updated, thank you.

Comment

• Sometimes they use psych review as a hold also. Same way the BI may hold you for a few classes to see if you get into trouble because of something in your history.

Comment

• Still on Psych Review. But they decided to move my process along regardless.

When I eventually get the letter to meet the LT and withdrawal, can I start the process over again? Or will the DQ Review hold me back again? Anyone have any idea?
                              Last edited by Waiting 37; 03-03-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
                                Still on Psych Review. But they decided to move my process along regardless.

So they want me to run around like an idiot for 3 minutes again, make sure I don't do drugs at the Mini Med and hold me up again.

When I eventually get the letter to meet the LT and withdrawal, can I start the process over again? Or will the DQ Review hold me back again? Anyone have any idea?

Once you're disqualified for any reason, including psych; you are permanently eliminated from any future NYC Law enforcement consideration. Taking the exam again and repeating the process will not help you as your previously sealed candidate BI file will be reviewed. Yes, you do have the right to appeal to either the court system or the NYC Civil Service Commission but, in essence, attempting to overturn a negative character issue is virtually impossible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5175 users online. 268 members and 4907 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X