Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589 View Post
    Yeah I know but some psych doctors do consider you.

They're NOT "psych doctors" that interview candidates. They are PSYCHOLOGISTS. Psych medical physicians are called Psychiatrists. They can prescribe drugs to patients but a psychologist can not. At least in New York State anyways.

Comment

• I was placed on psych review because I needed to hand in medical documents from my application from US marshal internship program. The psych has given me until Feb 4th to hand the documents in but I needed to file a Freedom of Information Act with the government in order to get the records which will take 20 days. I requested more time via email and voice mail but no one has gotten back to me. What should I do and do you think I will be held on review for long?

Comment

I passed my psych. I waiting my investigator to answer me. Ill have to redo my jst because it expires every 6 month and last time I took it was in May. I'll have to the mini medical too.
        Isn't your test going to expire? My test expires June 2016, thats why I'm a little concerned about the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by mustangmonie View Post
          Isn't your test going to expire? My test expires June 2016, thats why I'm a little concerned about the review.

Nahh I believe is 4 years after you get called. So if thats the case then my exam expires like in 2017. My exam is 2326 and they havent been called completely. What exam are you?
          [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
          Exam#: 2326 02/2012
          List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
          Medical: 3.2014
          Written Psych: 4.2014
          JST: 5.2014
          Oral Psych: 5.2014
          Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
          Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
          -Appealed -
          2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
          Mini Medical: 5.2015
          Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
          GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

Nahh I believe is 4 years after you get called. So if thats the case then my exam expires like in 2017. My exam is 2326 and they havent been called completely. What exam are you?
            Oh, I thought it was 4 years from when you took the test. I'm 2344.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustangmonie View Post
              Oh, I thought it was 4 years from when you took the test. I'm 2344.

Nah I dont think so I thought the same too. I Know i saw it some where I just cant remember where. hopefully Ill be in for July though. I spoke to my bi and he said we have a lot of time for next academy
              List # 25xx

-Appealed -

Comment

• How long can someone be on review? I'm going on 10 months now.
                Exam# 2326 Score- 9X List#2XX APD- 01/13 Medical- 03/14 Written Psych- 03/14 Oral Psych- 03/14 Meet with BI- 04/14 JST- 4/14

Comment

• Years.....
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Deleted 123
                    Last edited by Ceerosenyc; 03-17-2015, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ceerosenyc View Post
                      Has my psych oral on 1/20/15 and was asked to fax/mail in medical paperwork from 2012. Knew I would be on review at least until the doc got the paperwork, sent it in the week after and called him a few days later to confirm and he actually answered the phone! Anyways he told me to email him and I did, he stated that he has all the paperwork he needs, a decision has been made and to "be patient" I already took my jst this week and I've been scheduled for my bi since 1/20/15. Any thoughts or opinions on his response? Anyone put on psych review for paperwork and taken off after its sent and confirmed that the doc got it??
                      Your BI will tell you if you passed when you go meet him or her. If they don't, then contact Candidate Relations to get the results.

Comment

• That's pretty awesome. I had my oral on Jan 26th, and he also asked for paperwork. I've submitted everything and I'm going to reach out to him to see if he received everything. My question is, when it comes to just submitting documents, I'm assuming he makes the decision soon after he reviews them. The other candidates on review for years are probably on review for deeper reasons I'm assuming correct? Maybe something they didn't like during the interview? Or a bad history?

Comment

• This is my first time going to the Written Psych. how does the process work once you taken the written psych?. Do they ask for your medical records at the oral psych? OR do they just evaluate you on written psych and if everything is good to go , then there's no need for medical records?.
                          NYPD Exam #3310: September, 2012
                          List: 5XXX: May 2013
                          APD 5 - 11/14/14
                          Medical - 1/12/15 (Passed )
                          Written Psych - 3/3/15 (Completed)
                          Oral Psych - 2/4/15
                          BI Interview - 5/6/15
                          New York State Trooper Exam: October 26, 2013
                          Score: 95+
                          February 13, 2014 Rank: 1xxxx

CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst Exam): Dec 2014
                          Status - Currently Going for Round 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack_rubix View Post
                            This is my first time going to the Written Psych. how does the process work once you taken the written psych?. Do they ask for your medical records at the oral psych? OR do they just evaluate you on written psych and if everything is good to go , then there's no need for medical records?.
                            They will give you an appointment for the oral at the written. At the oral I believe they will only ask for records if you been to a psych before or things like that. If not usually they evaluate you based on what you answered.
                            List # 25xx

-Appealed -

Comment

I used DR. Daley. Check his website http://drrobertdaley.com. I just thought he was the best person to use since he was the former director.

Glad to see you were succesful- I heard he writes a good report. But, as far as him being the director- he was the interim director only for a few weeks many yeard ago. Much has changed since then, nevermind recebtlt. I wasnt fond of his curt and abrupt personality- wasnt open too questions before he met you. Also thought to my self that just because he was a NYPD Psychologist doesnt mean he is any good. In fact alls it means is he was a psychologist who took a civil service exam. Also didnt like that he isnt local- he lives in like Michigan and flys in for these cases. But either way, the guys i used spoke well of him. I reccommend you speak to a few before commiting.

Also, if your on REVIEW- it can take many months before theirs any movement. I wouldnt reccomend nagging psych services, and your investigator has no knowledge or influence over the Psych Service divisions decision so dont aggrevate them either.

Maybe one follow up letter addressed to your Investigator and CC'd to the Psych Services Division Director Thanking them for their time seeing you, and that anything you can do to help them do their job, for them to let you know. Dont call and nag them. They likely submitted their report and its in queue for a supervisors "review".

And i cant stress this enough; any documentation that gets sent too them that they ask for. Certified mail, return refiept requested. USPS "Green Card". That way theirs zero wuestions as to whether they got it.
                              Problems with a psych exam?
                              Have an upcoming
                              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                              you make up your mind.
                              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Sorry for typos. On the road.
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8846 users online. 430 members and 8416 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X